Relegation run-in 2022/23

Super_Uwe

13 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Agree, I don’t know why anyone would think the two teams who’ve been promoted from that league recently would be the weakest. There are plenty of people at Leeds and Forest who will know what it takes to come straight back up.

I want Everton down for two reasons:

1. It’s hilarious 
  2. They have some decent players mixed in with all the dross, who will be straight out the door.

Much like us then. They’d also be able to build a pretty decent transfer budget with their player sales. 

Would the FFP restrictions they face in the PL still apply to the championship? 

3 hours ago, Dman said:

Much like us then. They’d also be able to build a pretty decent transfer budget with their player sales. 

Would the FFP restrictions they face in the PL still apply to the championship? 

I’m not sure about that, they seem to be in enough trouble with PL income. They may need to offload a few just to balance the books. The likes of Pickford, Tarkowski, Doucoure, Iwobi, Maupay, Begovic, Keane, Townsend and McNeil all came from PL rivals, and would probably have taken a decent pay rise to do so. Hat squad will need major surgery in summer.

Having said that, I just know the jammy buggers will get out of it with an unlikely win against City and another against Bournemouth on the last day.

Well, it's a really excellent day for the divs on here that have been saying since February "well, actually, this weekend is not a "must win game" at all, you people don't know the true meaning of the word"

Fill your fucking boots lads. Must win games agogo.

26 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Think it'll be Leicester and Leeds.

Softens the blow somewhat if two other established PL teams go down with us. Last time in 2005 we went down with 2 other promoted teams.

Would this be the first season that no promoted team got relegated? I don’t have the records or the memory.

32 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Think it'll be Leicester and Leeds.

Softens the blow somewhat if two other established PL teams go down with us. Last time in 2005 we went down with 2 other promoted teams.

Might soften the immediate blow, but if I'm honest we could do without two clubs like that coming down with us. They'll both be extra competitive and will have money, it'll make next season more difficult.

I think one of those two will go, but still hoping the other is Forest.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Might soften the immediate blow, but if I'm honest we could do without two clubs like that coming down with us. They'll both be extra competitive and will have money, it'll make next season more difficult.

I think one of those two will go, but still hoping the other is Forest.

Dont worry, Sports Republic cheerleaders on here reckon we will be the biggest spenders in the league, who can easily pay for the calibre of Graham Potter.