The New Government Emergency Alert System

Johnny Bognor

13 minutes ago, Turkish said:

We all know that forest fires and floods are down to decades of Tory austerity, why are they warning is against stuff that they created?

Are you trying to say the Tories haven’t pissed off God?

It's just another thing for the Conspiracy theory brigade to excited about. Last time I was in New York (2019) my phone was pinging all the bloody time with alerts around missing kids, crime alerts and heat warnings, after a day the novelty wore off so asked the Concierge in our hotel about it and he showed me how to turn off notifications etc. Very easy to do. 

I live in an area of the country prone to flooding (sometimes severe) and it can effect how I get to and from work, or to see my parents; so flood alerts (if kept local) would be very useful.

22 hours ago, OldNick said:

Sounds very cold war. To be frank best you dont know its coming as not sure you'd want to survive a nuclear attack. Being trapped under a table in a house that has collapsed while youre hiding can't be good 

Depends whether you'd prepped and made sandwiches

13 minutes ago, edprice1984 said:

It's just another thing for the Conspiracy theory brigade to excited about. Last time I was in New York (2019) my phone was pinging all the bloody time with alerts around missing kids, crime alerts and heat warnings, after a day the novelty wore off so asked the Concierge in our hotel about it and he showed me how to turn off notifications etc. Very easy to do. 

I live in an area of the country prone to flooding (sometimes severe) and it can effect how I get to and from work, or to see my parents; so flood alerts (if kept local) would be very useful.

We already have this and it is very effective.

36 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

In the 1950s my dad worked in a British Railways telegrah office and on his wall was a four minute warning siren triggered by the radar system at Fylingdales. I don't know what he was supposed to do in four minutes. Not even enough time to unlock his bike.

3 minutes to have wild sex with a colleague and then a minute to ask for forgiveness 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

In the 1950s my dad worked in a British Railways telegrah office and on his wall was a four minute warning siren triggered by the radar system at Fylingdales. I don't know what he was supposed to do in four minutes. Not even enough time to unlock his bike.

How shaky were his hands?

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

He made her wear a chastity belt? 😱 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1