Worst performance of the season?

Dman

Brighton at home, Forest at home, Brentford at home, Brentford away, Bournemouth at home?

The 5 that stand out to me as the worst, this was probably the worst of the lot though. Didn’t even try. Embarrassing.  

• Like 1

My instinct was to say Forest at home but I think tonight given the context, who it was against and the fact it was our last chance to keep ourselves in it, as well as it coming on the back of another "plucky" performance against a top side. What a bunch of wankers these are, consistently raise their game against the top sides to sell themselves.

• Like 2

Worst performance of my lifetime, in a game where we needed to show some guts and effort we produced the most pathetic showing of 'football' i have quite simply ever seen. Forest at home was bad, but it wasn't as 'last chance saloon' as this one - but we still didn't show up.

Rickie, Hammond, Fonte, Chaplow, Guly, Morgan, Lallana, Kelvin will be wanting to kill those bunch of tossers. All the hard work those guys put in to get us where we were has been undone by the most pathetic bunch of wankers we have ever seen.

• Like 21

19 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Worst performance of my lifetime, in a game where we needed to show some guts and effort we produced the most pathetic showing of 'football' i have quite simply ever seen. Forest at home was bad, but it wasn't as 'last chance saloon' as this one - but we still didn't show up.

Rickie, Hammond, Fonte, Chaplow, Guly, Morgan, Lallana, Kelvin will be wanting to kill those bunch of tossers. All the hard work those guys put in to get us where we were has been undone by the most pathetic bunch of wankers we have ever seen.

Great post - sums it up 

In no particular order.....

Grimsby at home

Forest at home

Bournemouth at home

Wolves at home

Villa at home

Everton at home

Brentford at home

Palace at home

Brighton at home

Newcastle at home

Leicester at home (yes we won but we were pish)

Brentford away

Villa away

Fulham away

Leeds away

Have I missed any? Just a catastrophic season from start to finish (as well as the last 3 months of last season). When I think about it, its much worse than 04/05. At least we looked like we could score a goal or two back then. We're god awful in the final third right now

Edited by woodsaint1
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, woodsaint1 said:

In no particular order.....

Grimsby at home

Forest at home

Bournemouth at home

Wolves at home

Villa at home

Everton at home

Brentford at home

Palace at home

Brighton at home

Newcastle at home

Leicester at home (yes we won but we were pish)

Brentford away

Villa away

Fulham away

Leeds away

Have I missed any? Just a catastrophic season from start to finish (as well as the last 3 months of last season). When I think about it, its much worse than 04/05. At least we looked like we could score a goal or two back then. We're god awful in the final third right now

Despite scraping through, I'd certainly throw Lincoln at home into the mix. When you think back to how the Dell transformed into a raucous unwelcome place for visiting teams in all those relegation battles, St Mary's is just so flat...dead...reflecting these gutless players/manager/club.

Like other old gits, my third relegation from the top flight (4th inc Championship to L1), just numb to it tbh.

Worst performance I've seen was Forest at home, but last night run it close, perhaps even beats it in the context of the importance of the match and coming off the back of a very good performance against Arsenal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

It’s looking like appointing Selles was another clanger. Might as well kept Jones for the laughs. 

Yep. Arguably he's even worse than Jones. Almost as if the guy who has been here all season shares a lot of the responsibility for what has happened...

Sooner Selles gets his P45 and we rip it up and start again the better.

10 hours ago, Roo1976 said:

Cheer up everyone ..............we havent let in 9 thus far, only 5  games to go.

Newcastle away on Sunday is a very good chance for that to happen, with another Selles tactical master class in defending a lane but not bothering tracking a runner from midfield as long as you stay in your lane lads you have done well and followed the process just feck off you useless excuse of a manager

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Worst performance I've seen was Forest at home, but last night run it close, perhaps even beats it in the context of the importance of the match and coming off the back of a very good performance against Arsenal.

The Forest game should have been the catalyst for major change within the club. It was obvious then where this season was headed, yet we limped along creating more and more shitshows of utter rubbish until the final abject defeat against ten men Wolves. Hard to pick the worse performance, I think it was probably Wolves as no team should ever lose to ten when being in the lead. 

• Like 2