Eurovision

AlexLaw76

Just flicked over to see if the Israeli woman has been on yet and they’re showing clips of various UK cities in between acts. We’ve had Clifton Bridge and the Angel of the North, has Southampton been on yet? I’d hate for Europe to miss out on a video of a tramp taking a dump between the wheelie bins, behind Orange Rooms.

Always feels very predictable. I know fuck all about entries but Bookies had Sweden 2/5 to win so they clearly knew. 

I thought Austrian’s song about Edgar Alan Poe was the best of what I saw. Quite fancied the blond lass too

Edited by whelk

8 minutes ago, whelk said:

Always feels very predictable. I know fuck all about entries but Bookies had Sweden 2/5 to win so they clearly knew. 

I thought Austrian’s song about Edgar Alan Poe was the best of what I saw. Quite fancied the blond lass too

Isn’t that Conchita with his hair dyed?

Croatia's song was about Lukashenko giving ( moron pyscopath ) Putin a tractor for his birthday.

In the spirit of Ed Sheeran we also tried to work out the influences on the various songs;

Sweden's entry was clearly derived from 'The Winner Takes It All', others ripped off Imagine Dragons and David Bowie.

Edited by badgerx16

21 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Flicked on to catch the voting but ended up hearing the UK entry for the first time.  How bad must Germany have been to be worse than ours?  Appreciate it's subjective and it's not my kind of thing anyway but thought the UK entry was really, really awful.

I will have to suffer the Germans again at the end of June as they are supporting Iron Maiden in Manchester.

4 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

I will have to suffer the Germans again at the end of June as they are supporting Iron Maiden in Manchester.

4 hours ago, revolution saint said:

What, the entire nation?  That's a lot to fit into Manchester.

As long as Maiden don't play Tail Gunner, Run Silent Run Deep, Aces High, The Longest Day, Where Eagles Dare, or Paschendale it should be OK.