Blogs, Vlogs and Tweets

Bad Wolf

8 hours ago, LGTL said:

The poor early 20 somethings aren’t taking the JWP news very well. Christ, imagine if they ever had the chance to watch a real club legend. 

Saw one say: “For our generation he’s our legend, our le tiss”. That statement is not true full stop and isn’t true for majority of people in my ‘generation’, only online seemingly. Same twitter population tried to name Yoshida as a legend. 

• Like 1

Since October 2022, I've been writing a regular blog about Southampton Football Club, called State Mary's. Most often it's about first team happenings, but I like to cover the women's team, the academy, matchday experiences, history, and wider club and community issues too. It lives at statemarys.com but SaintsWeb has been my biggest source of interest engagement, so I share it in relevant threads, and now in this dedicated one too. And on other socials too, obvs: I'm pretty active on Twitter and make everything available on Facebook

Edited by Charlie Mealings
typo

7 October 2022

Why I don't think we'll lose 9-0 tomorrow

First post. I kind of sat down and wrote this then decided it needed a blog to go out on. We lost 4-0 and I kinda felt this supported my point. One team can beat another 4-0, but for 9-0 they have to work together.

https://www.statemarys.com/p/why-i-dont-think-well-lose-9-0-tomorrow

15 October 2022

Why It's Good Saints Didn't Sign a Striker This Summer

The second piece I wrote was longer, polemical and bound to age poorly. If I wrote it again it would be framed quite differently, but I still think the wide players are the real root of our problems and there's much here that I think is important.

23 October 2022

Women's football and the beers

I realised the blog could be so much more interesting if it didn't centre tactical analysis (already so much of that) and reflected on the club and matchdays as a whole. Also the women's team is such a good day out. If you are sad about #SaintsFC men pay your £5-8 and get down there.

https://www.statemarys.com/p/womens-football-and-the-beers

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

If you fancy a giggle and want to check out some fan meltdowns on Twitter in light of our recent signings and sales; might I suggest “MarcTr4”.

Lots Saints conspiracy’s and Brexit views too. 
Enjoy!

That is Marc Higgins of X-Factor fame

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, trousers said:

😂😂😂

He is the example of all that is wrong with Twitter on days like this, or X - whatever you want to call it.

It gives teenage boys, at home on a Friday night, the audience to try and sound connected and important - when in fact he's typed that whilst waiting for his mum to bring up his hot chocolate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Paul Chuckle said:

hahahaha hahaha HMS piss the league was a joke all along. Omg Rob is totally cooking with this one. 

He's probably the same person starting the Sullemana Baby chants. 

He is right though (about it being a widely used joke). I'm not convinced you understand social media which is why such trivial comments trigger you enough to bother screenshotting them.

Edited by Dusic

12 minutes ago, Dusic said:

He is right though (about it being a widely used joke). I'm not convinced you understand social media which is why such trivial comments trigger you enough to bother screenshotting them.

I don't think you understand screenshots pal as I posted a link to the comment. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...