Question re QPR game

stevy777_x

4 hours ago, Pamplemousse said:

Yeah there will be no problem at all. Will only be an issue if it's a discount ticket for the different age bands (i.e. under 25 or over 65) but not sure if they check that at all.

I think they were last season. 

On 23/08/2023 at 11:09, Pamplemousse said:

Yeah there will be no problem at all. Will only be an issue if it's a discount ticket for the different age bands (i.e. under 25 or over 65) but not sure if they check that at all.

Yes they do check - when you've gone through the turnstile you will see a steward standing there. Once through (and out of the way) turn around and look towards the top of the turnstile you just came through, and as folk come through from outside you will see 3 coloured lights blinking they have a sequence that indicates the age category of ticket that has just been scanned.

So if you have a full adult ticket being used by a mate who has been swapped in no issue. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, John Boy Saint said:

Yes they do check - when you've gone through the turnstile you will see a steward standing there. Once through (and out of the way) turn around and look towards the top of the turnstile you just came through, and as folk come through from outside you will see 3 coloured lights blinking they have a sequence that indicates the age category of ticket that has just been scanned.

So if you have a full adult ticket being used by a mate who has been swapped in no issue. 

Que a whole bunch of fans standing looking at the turnstile lights in a bemused manner.

Quality info though

5 hours ago, John Boy Saint said:

Thanks JBS, that's good to know. My brother said his kid can't come to QPR so instead I'm treating the missus and she insisted I got a new ticket reissued (and paid the difference) and my brother was saying "they don't check". For once I was glad to listen to the missus because she would not have been impressed being nabbed by security!

In the Family Stand the lights all went green so there was no way of distinguishing between tickets.

I know this because I stood and watched a few times and saw kids and adults all come through with no difference. One of my mates often gave his kids season tickets to other mates and they always got in.

Whether that's different in other stands I'm not sure.