Get Rid Of Goal Music

SaintsLoyal

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

We (many football clubs) have been playing ‘goal celebration music’ for decades now, this is nothing new. In the Burley seasons we used to play I feel good; I distinctly remember that because about a week after James Brown died, it randomly started playing on the PA, whilst the ball was in play.

Anyway, if we’re going to play anything, I’ll hang my hat on Kernkraft 400, it’s a great tune and a proper stadium anthem. Not exactly American either, Zombie Nation are a German techno ensemble.

I guess most people forgot we did it after last season.

28 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Its not football and more akin to yank foam hand waving.

Are you with me ?

You'll want to save this for the next Saints Forum. Perhaps you could take up at least ten minutes on the question.

We've already got 'Be nicer to away fans' so this should slot right in.

I want to go along, spend at ten minutes about what a great fan I am, man and boy, how Ive taken mykids, my Grandad and his Grandad were great fans and then ask my question,

'Can someone tell me, what's that smell?'

• Like 1

Anyone getting their arses in a cramp about it are seemingly in the minority - from my lofty perch of the cheap seats in the Itchen-Chapel corner, the majority of those in attendance were dancing about and clapping along. 
I guess with no VAR to kill the party everyone just let themselves go - who cares 

For what it's worth as someone with a small c, conservative, outlook on life I dont embrace change that readily.
However I quite like the Saints band involvement and they appear to stir up the crowd a bit before kick off.
I am also in favour of the  goal celebration music although this would fall absolutely flat if we scored late on and losing 3-0!!
It is good that the high volume music played before the game and also at half time seems to have been modified or done away with.
On the debit side the young lady who seems to have replaced Francis Benali's daughter (hopefully not on a regular basis) had a voice and delivery which needs a good deal of modulation.

At the Norwich match after the first goal we turned to look at each other aghast at the music as generally hate it. But by goals 3 and 4 my mind had been swayed.

I noticed on against QPR that it doesn't kick in immediately after the goal. The initial organic crowd celebration still happens without the music. After X secs when the music starts, it's normally when the initial elation and celebrations begin to subside into more sedate clapping; The music just keeps the crowd engaged and prolongs the celebration IMO. As long as it never starts immediately when the goal goes in, I'm coming round to it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Essruu said:

At the Norwich match after the first goal we turned to look at each other aghast at the music as generally hate it. But by goals 3 and 4 my mind had been swayed.

I noticed on against QPR that it doesn't kick in immediately after the goal. The initial organic crowd celebration still happens without the music. After X secs when the music starts, it's normally when the initial elation and celebrations begin to subside into more sedate clapping; The music just keeps the crowd engaged and prolongs the celebration IMO. As long as it never starts immediately when the goal goes in, I'm coming round to it. 

They we’re probably waiting for Var then realised we don’t have that anymore thank heavens!