Donate your Burnley tickets

RoswellSaint

There was talk in another thread about people buying tickets knowing that they can't go to the game tomorrow. As there is a "bunfight" going on in that thread, at Trousers' suggestion, I am starting a new one to make this suggestion.

I have the name and email address of someone in the Saints in the Community department at the club who is arranging for my tickets to go to a school for underprivileged children. If you are interested in doing the same with your tickets, PM me. Doesn't matter if you have already bought them, if they are at the Ticket Office, they will be able to use them.

I was going to buy a ticket or two knowing that I couldn't go, but then felt guilty if that meant someone else couldn't get a ticket. If I do buy one then, can it genuinely be put to good use?

Yep, they will go to disadvantaged kids....via the initiative that Roswell outlines above...I've fired off my email...am surprised the club didn't think of such a scheme before now....nice one Roswell

Ok, I'll buy a couple, though do I need a membership?

I don't think so. I believe you just buy tickets as you would normally do and they will simply place them in the 'donate' basket rather than the 'for collection' one

Edited by trousers

I've just confused some poor lass on the ticket booking line. What's the process here? Am I supposed to just book the tickets normally, then phone the club separately to confirm the donation?

btw what's the best part of the ground for these tickets?

T - did you mention the Community trust or just that you wanted to donate?

I said I "wanted to donate them to the the kids school via the Saints in the Community initiative" or words to that effect...they were fully aware that of the initiative being kicked off from here via Roswell.

Ask for Kelly Southwell if all else fails - she sent me the initial email reply.

I said I "wanted to donate them to the the kids school via the Saints in the Community initiative" or words to that effect...they were fully aware that of the initiative being kicked off from here via Roswell.

Ask for Kelly Southwell if all else fails - she sent me the initial email reply.

you star - thanks

I've just confused some poor lass on the ticket booking line. What's the process here? Am I supposed to just book the tickets normally, then phone the club separately to confirm the donation?

I hope they don't mind me posting this but it is for a great cause (twice over)...ring 02380 711912 and ask for Kelly Southwell and mention that you're aware of an initiative to donate tickets to the kid's school.

They chose the best seats for me

While I have spoken to a couple of ladies in the ticket office, there is no official process in place there. PM me and I will pass on the name and email address to contact.

Barfy - you have a PM

While I have spoken to a couple of ladies in the ticket office, there is no official process in place there. PM me and I will pass on the name and email address to contact.

Apologies if I've jumped the gun by posting the direct contact number :o

I hope they don't mind me posting this but it is for a great cause (twice over)...ring 02380 711912 and ask for Kelly Southwell and mention that you're aware of an initiative to donate tickets to the kid's school.

They chose the best seats for me

'tis done, thanks for the advice.

Barfy - you have a PM

Sorry Roswell, I followed Trousers' advice before seeing the pm. Though it does seem that there is an official process being rapidly put in place!

RoswellSaint

I have a couple that I can donate - can't figure out how to PM you though. Can you PM me the details?

Don't think you can do PMs if not a signed up member of the message board?

Here's the details:

ring 02380 711912 and ask for Kelly Southwell (or one of her colleagues) and mention that you're aware of an initiative to donate tickets to the kid's school.

Edited by trousers

Kelly is another one of those brilliant people in the office. She has helped me solve a few things in the past and deserves a bit of praise at times like this.

She was extremely helpful when I called, though I think she might have one hell of a busy friday afternoon now!

Kelly is another one of those brilliant people in the office. She has helped me solve a few things in the past and deserves a bit of praise at times like this.

Totally agree with that Kelly and David Luker have been very helpful in the past, excellent customer service and nothing seems too much trouble. No matter what happens I wish them all the best and hope they will still be with us in League 1.

You know what, this place NEVER fails to amaze me. Even with the club in turmoil, people are still willing to basically pay for people they don't know to attend a game. Brilliant, is the only thing I can think of to say. Well done.

Just had this email from David Luker regarding ticket sales & the donation scheme...

Hi Lee

Sales have definitely picked up since lunchtime. We are at 21,300 right now. The “donation” scheme is keeping us very busy!!

David Luker

Head of Supporter Services

They did indeed sound snowed under when I called half hour ago

You know what, this place NEVER fails to amaze me. Even with the club in turmoil, people are still willing to basically pay for people they don't know to attend a game. Brilliant, is the only thing I can think of to say. Well done.

Must admit....It has brought a bit of a lump to my throat.

Totally agree with that Kelly and David Luker have been very helpful in the past, excellent customer service and nothing seems too much trouble. No matter what happens I wish them all the best and hope they will still be with us in League 1.

Agree 100% - well done to all those involved in this.

hi just spoke to kelly and donated two tickets for underprivileged children,she mentioned the Community department would be shut at 4.oo pm today and anyone interested could phone again in the morning.

great idea roswell saint.

Stay open another hour guys!! The future of the club depends on it...and you'll make some children very happy

Fantastic idea.. This is the sort of thing that needs to be hi-lited outside of this message boardf via the media to show just how fantastic Saints fans and those in teh ticket office can be......

Agreed, somebody get onto the echo.

Just had the following email from David Luker.

Lee

We do shut at 4pm today. People wanting to donate their tickets can still do so from 9am tomorrow morning.

As an alternative, supporters could buy a ticket and ask that it be collected in my name? I can then organise this going to Saints in the Community?

I have set up a special customer number, being 1153540.

By doing this, supporters can use the booking line which is open until 7pm as normal.

Any good?

David Luker

Just had the following email from David Luker

Just had the following email from David Luker.

Lee

We do shut at 4pm today. People wanting to donate their tickets can still do so from 9am tomorrow morning.

As an alternative, supporters could buy a ticket and ask that it be collected in my name? I can then organise this going to Saints in the Community?

I have set up a special customer number, being 1153540.

By doing this, supporters can use the booking line which is open until 7pm as normal.

Any good?

David Luker

Nice one