Donate your Burnley tickets

RoswellSaint

I bought my tickets a few days ago, but am feeling ill today and not sure I'll be able to make it down there or not now (it's a 5 hour journey for me each way!). If I still feel like this tomorrow and decide not to go, can I just phone them up and ask them to donate my ticket?

Just bought some online by linking up the member number David sent earlier dead easy.

So how did you do that? I tried logging in with that number but it wants a password. I can log in with my own member details but how do I link the purchase to this scheme?

So how did you do that? I tried logging in with that number but it wants a password. I can log in with my own member details but how do I link the purchase to this scheme?

Log in as usual, then go into my account, add friends, add that membership number. Then go buy tickets normally and use the number on both tickets and select collect at ticket office.

Log in as usual, then go into my account, add friends, add that membership number. Then go buy tickets normally and use the number on both tickets and select collect at ticket office.

Just to add another bit to this: - add the name Luker in the box to the right of the membership number field. You may also need to log out and then in again to let the changes take effect. Also nice one to all those who've donated. Really proud to be a Saint tonight :)

Edited by Saints67

Could only afford 1 ticket,i couldn't go anyway as i have my little fella this weekend,i at least feel iv'e done something.

Exactly it doesnt matter if you give £3000 £300 or £3 its the gesture and the coming togegther of fans to help our club.

Just the type of positive story that needs to come out of the club at this time - we help the club and do some good at the same time - now we do have our club back to where it belongs a family club with proper values - so much for 'customers' eh.

Well done to DL and his team on this... can the club claim the old gift aid back on this?

I think they should be known as 'Roswell tickets' or 'The Roswell Ticket Scheme' will donate at least 2 in the morning -

guess what... I think that number are going on a march!!!! COYR!

I've just got back from a 3 hour pub stint and re-reading through this thread has made me cry...soppy old git...!

Yes, the "how are they going to distribute these tickets at such short notice?" conundrum did occur to me too but, as Roswell posted earlier...it's great to have a nice problem for once rather than a bad one....

Whilst I'm not 100% in the "Lowe was bad for this club" camp, I'm convinced that a fan initiative like this simply wouldn't have happened under Lowe due to human nature...

Reading and particpating in this thread has engendered a sense of the family and community spirit that once thrived at this club and hopefully this is a sign of the 'green shoots' of that spirit re-emerging.

Let's not worry about the logistics of how these tickets are going to be distributed....it's the principle that counts and all I know is that some downtrodden kids are going to have a sparkle in their eyes tomorrow and that to me is what counts....

Can't see the screen anymore...too many tears in my eye...

Soppy old bugger,

News at Ten

Hampshire

Edited by trousers

Just to add another bit to this: - add the name Luker in the box to the right of the membership number field. You may also need to log out and then in again to let the changes take effect. Also nice one to all those who've donated. Really proud to be a Saint tonight :)

Can I buy more than one ticket for the "Luker friend" - ie if I buy one in my name, and one in his will they know I want to donate both to the scheme?

Can I buy more than one ticket for the "Luker friend" - ie if I buy one in my name, and one in his will they know I want to donate both to the scheme?
Not sure but would doubt it. I'd have thought if you only use Luker once it'll only put one ticket aside and the other will be yours. I just used the Luker one for both the tickets. Would love to know how many of these have been sold though.

Not sure but would doubt it. I'd have thought if you only use Luker once it'll only put one ticket aside and the other will be yours. I just used the Luker one for both the tickets. Would love to know how many of these have been sold though.
Cheers. Great, yes have just bought 2, and put both in the name of Luker. Great idea, let's hope it gives us a full house.

Select the Luker customer no. for both tickets and choose 1 Adult and 1 Junior with Adult. Refresh the order at it'll charge you £30.

I've just got back from a 3 hour pub stint and re-reading through this thread had made me cry...soppy old git...!

Yes, the "how are they going to distribute these tickets at such short notice?" conundrum did occur to me too but, as Roswell posted earlier...it's great to have a nice problem for once rather than a bad one....

Whilst I'm not 100% in the "Lowe was bad for this club" camp, I'm convinced that a fan initiative like this simply wouldn't have happened under Lowe due to human nature...

Reading and particpating in this thread has engendered a sense of the family and community spirit that once thrived at this club and hopefully this is a sign of the 'green shoots' of that spirit re-emerging.

Let's not worry about the logistics of how these tickets are going to be distributed....it's the principle that counts and all I know is that some downtrodden kids are going to have a sparkle in their eyes tomorrow and that to me is what counts....

Can't see the screen anymore...too many tears in my eye...

Soppy old bugger,

News at Ten

Hampshire

When I rang up it was great. Kerry said "are you from the forum". I said yes and it was like we were old friends. This is what it used to be like in the days when supporting Saints felt like you were supporting a community too.

A quick reminder of the process for booking these 'donation tickets' online tonight or on the phone tomorrow from 9am, courtesy of the OS and Ticket Office....

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=11703

Fans who are unable to make it to the Burnley match but who wish to donate their ticket to a local youngster can now do so thanks to a new scheme...

The Ticket Office have responded quickly to several fans suggestions and the donation scheme has already proved popular.

All tickets that are purchased in this way will be donated to young people who take part in some of the worthwhile projects delivered by Saints in the Community and will be helping to provide vital revenue for the Club for the last home game of the season.

People wanting to donate their tickets can do so at the ticket office from 9am on Saturday morning.

Or, as an alternative, supporters can this evening (or at any time) by calling the booking line (0800 2800 050) and using the following special customer number: 1153540

The booking line is open until 7pm on Friday night as normal.

Nice one mate

Wasn't going to donate any money to the club, which i stated in another thread i could easily do. However this is a good cause and a chance to help kids who may not be able to afford tickets to see saints play. Just hope that they are distributed fairly.

I'd like to buy and donate a ticket, but the form on the OS says I need a customer number. I'm off for the weekend tomorrow early morning and don't know what I can do to help as I'll have no web connection.

Ring 02380 711912 and ask for Kelly Southwell from 9am (10 your time) tomorrow and Kelly will sort it out for you.

I have bought 5 adult/child pairs. Being a student, it has come out of a Student loan that i really don't need as i have enough money without it.

Superb effort mate.

Saints fans are born not manufactured. We do not choose we are chosen. Those that don't understand don't matter. Those who do need no explanation. We are the Saints!

What a brilliant idea. I have a Season Ticket but I've already bought a ticket for this game anyway, so may donate it tomorrow if I get to the stadium in time. If not at least the club still got an extra £24. Magnificent idea and well done to David Luker and his team for acting quickly and sorting this out.

Saints forever.

I donated 10 pairs on Radio Hampshire today that were given out. Stewart Dennis was reall helpful as I only phoned him at about 12 oclock and he got the ticket office ot call me so they could arrange payment, SD then gave them away to fans who couldnt afford to go.

If all else fails call radio hants and they were brilliant.

I donated 10 pairs on Radio Hampshire today that were given out. Stewart Dennis was reall helpful as I only phoned him at about 12 oclock and he got the ticket office ot call me so they could arrange payment, SD then gave them away to fans who couldnt afford to go.

You paid for 10 tickets to be bought and given away? Bloody hell, well done. Hope someone buys you a pint (of Saints ale) tomorrow. :)

What a nice thing to do, Nick. :)

You paid for 10 tickets to be bought and given away? Bloody hell, well done. Hope someone buys you a pint (of Saints ale) tomorrow. :)

it was adult and child pairs. I asked SD for anonimity but as everyone is showing the generosity of many on here I thought I'd own up. I said it was from the Saintsweb. I thought put a bit in the bcuket or get a double whammy in giving the money to the club and also at trhe same time get people to go who would not be able to afford it at present.They were gone very quickly, I know they were free but it shows there is plenty of interest even though we are doing badly

it was adult and child pairs. I asked SD for anonimity but as everyone is showing the generosity of many on here I thought I'd own up. I said it was from the Saintsweb. I thought put a bit in the bcuket or get a double whammy in giving the money to the club and also at trhe same time get people to go who would not be able to afford it at present.They were gone very quickly, I know they were free but it shows there is plenty of interest even though we are doing badly

Great gesture Nick.

Cheers

Great gesture Nick.

Cheers

its the same jesture as some others giving 1 ticket. After being depressed reading the thread attacking MW and some of the disgusting posts on that. To see the posts on here tonight shows this site has more good than bad.

Took me ages to do it online (due to pork pie fingers) but got there - another Adult and Child and money in the bin! Going to bed happy - now lets blow burnley away and stick the v to football league!

... some might think this club was dead.... but i think we managed to get a pulse going again today!!! Sleep well tonight everyone - and well done;)

Took me ages to do it online (due to pork pie fingers) but got there - another Adult and Child and money in the bin! Going to bed happy - now lets blow burnley away and stick the v to football league!

... some might think this club was dead.... but i think we managed to get a pulse going again today!!! Sleep well tonight everyone - and well done;)

struggling to do it online - please advise

Posted this on another thread. Anyone else up for sending in the nomination?

On a slightly different subject sort of

Didn't we used to have some sort of "uber-fan" of the year competition?

Has it been announced yet?

If not, then I honestly think that this year the award MUST go to the two fans who more than ANYONE else have reminded us what the true SPIRIT OF SOUTHAMPTON is

Ladies and Gentlemen - Saints Fans of the Year, Roswell Saint & Trousers

You gave us back our soul

Cor blimey Mr Phil. I didn't do much! Roswell came up with the idea and I just did a wee bit of cottage industry promotion. I'm sure there are more deserving fans out there than yours truely. Appreciate your sentiments though.

Good luck to saints tomorrow. Next season starts now!

Absolutely gobsmacked at how fantastic this thread is...bit of a lump in me throat actually. I don't know how I'm gonna make it through the game tomorrow without blubbing! (: As Phil says above - THIS is the TRUE SPIRIT OF SOUTHAMPTON. Fantastic....so happy...can't say too much... going to bed with a massive smile.