Hope its not a new record on Saturday

ladysaint

My guess is a gate of 16000.

Probably in the right zone, Watford have sold all their tickets (no idea how many they had though) and are saying that their fans can pay on the day now.

Away numbers are important, can lead to a variation of 2000 or so I suppose.

Our core support must be about 14000, if they bring 2K, 16 seems about right.

As I posted on the UI thread.

Even IF there are possible "tyre kickers" out there who may want to find a way to put a bid together, they will have eanred their money (or access to it) by being businessmen.

So low turnouts because

Fans won't watch the Youth team

Fans don't like the owners/Directors

Fans don't like seeing us play naive football

Just makes it so much more difficult for them to actually invest. All they see is a sinking ship.

Nothing to do with survival and avoiding administration. That concept is just plain not going to work because the club still currently has assets that could be sold before admin.

Even IF the club was given away for a pound, the investors would look at the numbers and see problems with needing to cover the bank overdraft and pay the running costs until we get rid of the high wage earners and pay the mortgage. Investors AREN'T the social services, they need to see how they can get their money BACK.

Oh and if the club borrows more against the assets or sells the best players in order to survive the season - it makes it even MORE difficult for an investor to buy the club so the stay aways actually make Rupert et al hang around for LONGER.

Bloody shame but everyone has their rights to their opinions and their own problems in life at this time of doom and gloom

Even IF there are possible "tyre kickers" out there who may want to find a way to put a bid together, they will have eanred their money (or access to it) by being businessmen.

So low turnouts because

Just makes it so much more difficult for them to actually invest. All they see is a sinking ship.

Nothing to do with survival and avoiding administration. That concept is just plain not going to work because the club still currently has assets that could be sold before admin.

Even IF the club was given away for a pound, the investors would look at the numbers and see problems with needing to cover the bank overdraft and pay the running costs until we get rid of the high wage earners and pay the mortgage. Investors AREN'T the social services, they need to see how they can get their money BACK.

Oh and if the club borrows more against the assets or sells the best players in order to survive the season - it makes it even MORE difficult for an investor to buy the club so the stay aways actually make Rupert et al hang around for LONGER.

Bloody shame but everyone has their rights to their opinions and their own problems in life at this time of doom and gloom

Had we beaten Coventry, we would be in or around the top 6. I bet our gate would be nearer the 20000 mark for the Watford game.

I still believe the reason our gates have fallen at such a high percentage compared to others is purely down to results on the pitch.

Had we beaten Coventry, we would be in or around the top 6. I bet our gate would be nearer the 20000 mark for the Watford game.

I still believe the reason our gates have fallen at such a high percentage compared to others is purely down to results on the pitch.

Ditto, fickle fans I call them.

So low turnouts because

i was skimming through the Trust site the other day.In an interview with

Chairman Nick, Luker seems to intimate that the break even crowd figure is

17K. So we're not all that far off and certainly nowhere near the 200K

a month loss on ticket sales alone which was quoted yesterday. I don't know if the contents of that interview have found their way onto this forum but

Policing Costs are much higher when the corners are open and when the gates are higher. I suppose it would be impossible to have the exact figure for policing costs for say 15K, 20K and 25K??. I know they take a big whack per copper but have no real idea on the exact amount.

a month loss on ticket sales alone which was quoted yesterday. I don't know if the contents of that interview have found their way onto this forum but

Policing Costs are much higher when the corners are open and when the gates are higher. I suppose it would be impossible to have the exact figure for policing costs for say 15K, 20K and 25K??. I know they take a big whack per copper but have no real idea on the exact amount.

Good if true, I thought it would be higher than that.

to rely on away fans to bolster the gate is no good. Although the money does go into our coffers.The whole club needs an injection of hope and enthusiasm to take us forward. A decent win will help but with a young team you always get stop start and so you never know which team is likely to turn up.

Watford are the type of team that we all worry that our young players might not cope with.I hope they can stand up and be counted and their undoubted team spirit will bring them through

In some respects I don't care I am just glad that I will be there, a year ago this Saturday I was in hospital with 6 inches of tracky stuck out of my throat after a life saving opp. I know we beat Cardiff on the 20th Oct last year as I listened to in on the radio and was told by a nurse to calm down.

Edited by Toomer

Correct on all accounts. The better the results the higher position the bigger gates.

Never mind Coventry, Blackpool is the result that shouldn't have happened, we should have won that.Winning at Coventry is a hypothesis, we could and should have won against Blackpool, Lallana needs to learn to shoot low and in the corner and bob's yer uncle, in play-off contention.

Last year we had 2 record lows near this time of just over 17000, we just have to face up to it. We just don't have great fans for what ever reason.

Nonsense.

I was up at Doncaster the other week and we took a shed load up. Even in our Premiership days we wouldn't have taken that many to ****ty northern outposts.

CCC gates are down 1%. SFC gates are down 26%.

Wilde knew full well that the vast majority of fans did not want Lowe. Wilde is now reaping what he's sown.

Nonsense.

I was up at Doncaster the other week and we took a shed load up. Even in our Premiership days we wouldn't have taken that many to ****ty northern outposts.

Wilde knew full well that the vast majority of fans did not want Lowe. Wilde is now reaping what he's sown.

Vast being an over exaggeration. Our gates are mainly down due to performances on the pitch, the 26% will not return if Lowe up sticks and left, only when performances improve and we move up the table considerably.

Vast being an over exaggeration. Our gates are mainly down due to performances on the pitch, the 26% will not return if Lowe up sticks and left, only when performances improve and we move up the table considerably.

The 26% won't just retrun, you are quite correct.

Football supporting is an habitual pastime. Because of Wildes actions many have broken the habit and just like when giving up cigarettes many never start up again.

Wilde and Lowe have a lot to answer for for destroying SFC.

The 26% won't just retrun, you are quite correct.

Football supporting is an habitual pastime. Because of Wildes actions many have broken the habit and just like when giving up cigarettes many never start up again.

Wilde and Lowe have a lot to answer for for destroying SFC.

I'm sure the fans will be back in the unlikely event that we should make it to the premiership again. As for destroying the club I'm sure their intentions were for the best and not intentional and are working out the best possible scenario to sort the mess out.

Disagree, the vast majority did not want Lowe back but that is not the reason the crowds are low.

That is down to sterile losing football. Crowds will return if we string together a few wins

Disagree' date=' [b']the vast majority did not want Lowe back[/b] but that is not the reason the crowds are low.

That is down to sterile losing football. Crowds will return if we string together a few wins

I don't know where you get this from, I think it's divided down the middle of wanting him back or not but you are correct that the crowds being down is due to the football on offer and not the Lowe effect.

I don't know where you get this from, I think it's divided down the middle of wanting him back or not but you are correct that the crowds being down is due to the football on offer and not the Lowe effect.

Only comparing him with Crouch, imo the vast majority want all PAST CHAIRMAN gone for good

Nonsense.

The main reason why we took a good crowd to Donny was that it was a new ground for most Saints supporters.

Do the majority of fans go or not go to football matches because of the Chairman or because of what is on display on the pitch - or other reasons?

Whilst we know that there are some here who will not go because of the chairman, most will not go because a number of other reasons -

Cost, not being in the Prem, finding other things to do, fed up with overpaid footballers, lots of live footy on the telly, no drinking and driving..I am sure there are a lot more reasons that people can find for not going.

I stopped going to live matches regularly years ago because a) I started playing footbal myself at weekends and b) the hooliganism.

Now I rarely go because I think that the prices ar crazy.

I used to be able to turn up on the day and get in with my pocket money. Now I have to plan well in advance, try and get a ticket, and pay about £100 for myself for a home match - £200 if I take my partner, for the day.

I am sorry. As much as I love SFC I cannot justify that kind of expenditure on a football match more than a couple of times a year.

Hi WC it was me who made that post yesterday I quote it below,ps we need 18,000 minimum to hold off Barclays:

Yesterdays post:

As of this week we are running at a loss of £200,000 plus a month, the idea was for the board to reduce this figure to a zero loss and then to start working on paying back the loans and overdrafts, this has not happened in the time span set by the banks.

The club have to make a decision, do they reduce the match day ticket price to entice the stayaways at the cost of p*ssing off the regular season ticket holders or do they wait for a turnaround on the pitch to get the stayaways back?

If we can get gates back to around 18,000 then the bank MAY just hold off, but at the current revenue we are doomed, its not if it’s when we announce to the stock exchange

That really brings home how desperate the situation is. Rather than reduce ticket prices across the board why dont they offer incentives for each match i.e. Coventry reduced price ticket say £15 for anyone over the age of 60, for Bristol City any female fan for £15, Wolves any male fan for £15 and Plymouth offer a family ticket i.e. 2 adults and 2 kids for say £40. Offer st holders a free ticket for the next home cup game whether it be the fa cup this year or any cup next season.

Hi WC it was me who made that post yesterday I quote it below,ps we need 18,000 minimum to hold off Barclays:

Yesterdays post:

As of this week we are running at a loss of £200,000 plus a month, the idea was for the board to reduce this figure to a zero loss and then to start working on paying back the loans and overdrafts, this has not happened in the time span set by the banks.

The club have to make a decision, do they reduce the match day ticket price to entice the stayaways at the cost of p*ssing off the regular season ticket holders or do they wait for a turnaround on the pitch to get the stayaways back?

If we can get gates back to around 18,000 then the bank MAY just hold off, but at the current revenue we are doomed, its not if it’s when we announce to the stock exchange

i agree rather then all those feeble excuses posted on the forum,its a shame really because the football not been bad.

i agree rather then all those feeble excuses posted on the forum,its a shame really because the football not been bad.

Have to agree really, we have played some good football which has been entertaining to watch, if only our finishing was a bit better then we would have a few more points on the board.

Have to agree really, we have played some good football which has been entertaining to watch, if only our finishing was a bit better then we would have a few more points on the board.

Agree, the football I have seen this season, whilst not the best, is better than most of that served up in the last couple of years by our ageing journeymen.

I would be there but for the fact (even living in Poole) that it costs me the better part of £50 to watch a match.

The purse strings (read wife) will loosen for every third or so match but I have spent my monthly 'sports entertainment' allowance on the American Football game at Wembley this year (and is that expensive or what??).

Shame really because I am looking forward to comparing Watford's youth policy against ours

Agree, the football I have seen this season, whilst not the best, is better than most of that served up in the last couple of years by our ageing journeymen.

Don't know about the last couple of years, as the season before last we were in the play offs.

That season was pretty good and I very much doubt we'll get 75 points or manage 21 wins this season!!!!!!

WHy do we need them inside the ground? or home supporters end anyway? how much trouble is in the ground? not a lot I guess - get them back out on the beat catching murderers and rapist than tossing it off on overtime at the footy making holiday videos with there cam corders!

I shall wish you with Saturday birthdays the usual good wishes. I am taking my 5yo son to his first ever game and hope we get you a birthday 3 points as well as a day for him to remember. I will probably only be able to make another one or two games because of cost. That aside I will as my name suggests be a supporter till I die, and beyond if possible. COYR

In some respects I don't care I am just glad that I will be there, a year ago this Saturday I was in hospital with 6 inches of tracky stuck out of my throat after a life saving opp. I now we beat Cardiff on the 20th Oct last year as I listened to in on the radio and was told by a nurse to calm down.
we can always relie on you me boy!:D