Genetic Sexual Attraction

SO16_Saint

I watched a programme on AnyTime last night about 'Shocking Family Secrets'.

It was basically about people (brother/sister, mother/son etc) who were separated at birth who later met and had a physical relationship with eachother.

It got me to thinking whether this was as bad as it first seems. It's still obviously against the law as it is technically incest.

However it is, in my mind, completely different to having the same relationship with a sibling you've grown up with day in day out.

In the great majority of cases, the people never knew they were related until much later in their relationship and were past the point of no return, as it were.

It's still a great taboo - but was wondering what other people's thoughts were on this? Is it JUST me who doesn't think it's THAT bad a crime, or am i wrong???

:rolleyes:

I think it's not so much the 'taboo' as the risk of genetic faults being multiplied if the blood relationship is very close.

there was a quote on the programme, something like:

"the chance of a healthy baby *normally* is 96%. In these relationships it's 90%"

I read in a newspaper or a lads mag once that some lad went to a family member's wedding and got chatting to a woman who was quite older than him, they got intimate and ended up having sex in the garage. It was only later someone told him that it was his Mum who he had never met. It's wrong, very very very wrong.

I read in a newspaper or a lads mag once that some lad went to a family member's wedding and got chatting to a woman who was quite older than him, they got intimate and ended up having sex in the garage. It was only later someone told him that it was his Mum who he had never met. It's wrong, very very very wrong.

I don't see that it's wrong if they didn't know at the time :confused:

It's still a great taboo - but was wondering what other people's thoughts were on this? Is it JUST me who doesn't think it's THAT bad a crime, or am i wrong???

:rolleyes:

I think that people will one day look back on the prejudice against brother/sister relationships with shame, like they today look on prejudice against gay and lesbians with shame.

Not for another 100 years, maybe. But they will. And I bet it happens a WHOLE lot more than people realise.

I think that people will one day look back on the prejudice against brother/sister relationships with shame, like they today look on prejudice against gay and lesbians with shame.

Not for another 100 years, maybe. But they will. And I bet it happens a WHOLE lot more than people realise.

Incest was quite normal for the Pharoahs in ancient Egypt so it wouldn`t be too progressive!

I watched the program on any time as well, was pretty interesting. It basically seemed to be that they felt the only way they could express the love they had missed by not knowing their relation for so many years was sexually. Impossible to imagine really but I did feel sorry for the people involved as it clearly wasn't premeditated.

It was not until I moved to this area that I found people who were anti cousins marrying. It's not illegal but I can sort of see why some might frown on it due to local parental conditioning.

And fwif, as a pubescent lad, I would have jumped on my cousin **** given half a chance as soon a slook at her (had she been 5 years younger)....unfortunately my big brother got in there before I even got a sniff.

FFS Ponty. This is why this place is going down the tubes. In a serious discussion, some mentally impaired wind-up merchant spouts some total ******** designed to either "provoke" or "be controversial" and its allowed; but when a Moderator simply points out that this poster has previous form for posting this type of bull**** the post gets deleted? **** me blind, so much for impartiality eh?

**** you and **** this ****ing place. ****s.

FFS Ponty. This is why this place is going down the tubes. In a serious discussion, some mentally impaired wind-up merchant spouts some total ******** designed to either "provoke" or "be controversial" and its allowed; but when a Moderator simply points out that this poster has previous form for posting this type of bull**** the post gets deleted? **** me blind, so much for impartiality eh?

:smt073

He didn't know that at the time, maybe she was a MILF. ( And remember, in some parts of the country that's only a 13 year age gap ).

Didn't Southampton come out "top" of the teenage/single mums league recently ? :(

As for the incest bit .... it's not as if he hasn't been up her fanny before (áfter all it's where he started life) or had a chomp on her boobage :smt106 ;) :lol:

Okay, which of these following rules did you break in your original, purile accusation, following by your childish temper-tantrum:-

DO respect other forum members' opinions, even if they differ from your own.

DO check that what you are writing is relevant to the forum you are on. Any post deemed unsuitable to the forum topic will be moved.

DO respect decisions taken by the Admin Team, even if you don't agree with them.

DO contact a member of the Admin Team if you have a problem.

DO NOT deliberately start arguments. This is known as "trolling". It is usually very easy to spot, and offending threads will be locked or deleted.

If a particular user appears to irritate you on a regular basis, use the "Ignore User" feature.

DO NOT make threats or implied threats towards other members, even if you are "joking". The written media does not portray "jokes" like that very well.

DO NOT post comments that are libellous or potentially libellous. Anything deemed to fall into this category will be deleted without warning. The Administrators of this forum could be prosecuted for libellous content posted by another forum member. It is our responsibility, as the Admin Team, to exert reasonable control over forum content to this end, which is of course publicly visible.

DO NOT post "Where's my post gone?" messages. If a message you posted was deleted, it will have been for a reason. Contact one of the Admin Team if this continues to bother you.

DO NOT involve a forum member's personal life in forum discussions unless the discussion directly involves that member and he/she is happy for it to be discussed. If you are in any doubt, don't post it.

Re-starting a theme of a locked topic - 2 point, expires after 6 months

Insulting or abusing another member - 2 points, expires after 6 months

Threatening behaviour towards another member - 5 points, expires after 6 months

Libel - 10 points, automatic 2-week ban

Got to be at least 19 points there. Not bad for a Moderator.

I don't believe the original post was a wind up, it was just speculation based on what we know about the historical British view on homosexuality. I also don't think it was right to speculate that the poster had ever made a case for paedophilia, no matter how you phrased it. I also think you need to relax a bit cos it's hardly the end of the world.

I don't believe the original post was a wind up, it was just speculation based on what we know about the historical British view on homosexuality. I also don't think it was right to speculate that the poster had ever made a case for paedophilia, no matter how you phrased it. I also think you need to relax a bit cos it's hardly the end of the world.

Even if he had, back on TSF?

Even if he had, back on TSF?

Where's the evidence of that though mate? He says he didn't and you even said you weren't sure. It could have been someone who's long since gone. It's just a nasty, nasty subject to pin someone with unless you're 100% certain. You know I wasn't being personal in removing your post. It was absolutely the right thing to do.

Only as nasty as advocating a sexual practice that is a) illegal b) immoral and ) abhorrent to most.

No one advocated it. At best it was unclear whether he was pro/anti incest because there are no clues. It just says that he thinks in 100 years it won't be frowned upon in the same way homosexuality became legitimised. It doesn't even make it clear whether he's pro/anti homosexuality.

It's also a bloody big leap from incest to paedophilia.

Edit; Sorry, Steve, wasn't trying to have the last word. I must've been typing that out when you were in the process of locking the thread.