HCDAJFU - The transfer deadline countdown

saint_stevo

How does everyone feel about this Jarvis to WHU situation? At an initial 7.5mill he isn't breaking their bank. Who would have been happy for SFC to take to him at this sort of money?

Never been too sure about him TBH. Always seemed a bit of a Damian Duff to me, one footed and over reliant on pace. Not a bad player but I think we could do with someone more technically gifted.

Never been too sure about him TBH. Always seemed a bit of a Damian Duff to me, one footed and over reliant on pace. Not a bad player but I think we could do with someone more technically gifted.

Agree with this largely, however I'm thinking he is a pretty 'safe' option, and I genuinely think he'd have improved our squad for the better. But I know where you're coming from, he's never going to move to a top 7 club and cement a place is he? I think we'll pull a winger out before close of window, I'm excited to see who it is.

if true, talk about knee-jerk! seemingly out to replace the whole defense after the weekend mauling. Didn't they just sign Rob Green?

I like this bit from today's Guardian Rumour Mill.

"Robert Green impressed Mark Hughes so much on his debut for Queens Park Rangers last weekend that the former up-and-coming manager has spent 15 hours every day since Saturday sacrificing trees to Zeus in a bid to gain favour with the child of Cronus and Rhea so he will provide Hughes with a keeper who does not chuck them in every week. So far the best Zeus has come up with is Internazionale's Júlio César who last made a decent save sometime around 2010 and thus should fit in with the club's strict policy of only buying players who are over 65 and who have been past their prime for at least 25 seasons."

That is an awful lot, and I'm glad we're not chasing him at this price.

BTW, seeing as you're one of those who have been criticising the club for their lack of interest in signing a CB, what's your opinion on the rumour from last night that we're one of two clubs who've had a bid accepted for Johnny Heitinger?

Heitenga would be interesting. Small but seems to do a good job most the time and has plenty of experience. Would be pleased.

Not sure I've seen enough of him. Think he went through a phase of making mistakes at some point and seem to remember him dropping a clanger last season while watching Everton, but that wouldn't be the most reliable judgement.

Felt bad for him. Lot of luck involved. If you get off to a bad start in your first game, it probably will make doubts creep in. So great that Kelvin did ok and Rickie has already scored to be honest.

I'm sorry but Kelvin looked a nervous wreck against City, which to be fair is pretty understandable. However to say he did okay is bizarre. He spilled every shot that came near him, didn't deal with crosses and should of done better for the first goal. Although Davis is still a great keeper in my opinion and I think we have to stick by him and let him settle down. I think the Kelvin we'll see on Saturday will be a completely different man.

BBC Solent Sport ‏@solentsport

No news or comment from Nigel Adkins on the progress of any transfer deals. "We're working hard behind the scenes" #saintsfc

LOL

what with it being GCSE results day think the feedback should be..."must try harder"

BTW, seeing as you're one of those who have been criticising the club for their lack of interest in signing a CB, what's your opinion on the rumour from last night that we're one of two clubs who've had a bid accepted for Johnny Heitinger?

Not too bad. He can be quite suspect occasionally, but at the same time so can all CB's. I would be happy with Heitinga coming in, and I think that money is about right.

Another day gone, another holding statement from the club, no signings.

Very worried. I'll live with relegation, but not with maagement culpability.

Is there a relegation scenario where you wouldn't cite management culpability?

Edit: That ain't a pop. I was trying to think of a relegation where the fans didn't blame the manager/board.

Edit: Oh I got one! The Sheffield Utd one where they blamed West Hams!

Edited by Bearsy