HCDAJFU - The transfer deadline countdown

saint_stevo

West Ham complete the signing of Wolverhampton Wanderers winger Matt Jarvis in a deal worth up to £10.75m.

Good player, but come on. Almost 11m?? Gaston will cost us tops £12m

Why did WHU not baulk at that??

Because BFS is a cretin and for some reason, despite nearly jumping off Tower Bridge when he found out the true state of West Ham's finances, Gold is repeating the mistakes of the previous administrations by bank rolling it!

The WH owner said their Carroll bid would have put them in financial trouble but they wanted to do it anyway. How is that allowed? If you have wealthy owners, fine, but building up debt you can't service?

Then again, using the PFC model why not just write it all off.

The key issue seems to be, if you're going to risk the club by signing one expensive player, is it not better to sign 5 or 6? The worst case scenario remains the same, yet your chances of success increase dramatically.

Their owners are morons. Everyone is tipping them to be fine, oh how I'd love to see them drop into the mire.

The WH owner said their Carroll bid would have put them in financial trouble but they wanted to do it anyway. How is that allowed? If you have wealthy owners, fine, but building up debt you can't service?

Then again, using the PFC model why not just write it all off.

The key issue seems to be, if you're going to risk the club by signing one expensive player, is it not better to sign 5 or 6? The worst case scenario remains the same, yet your chances of success increase dramatically.

Not sure how it would have put them in financial trouble anymore than the Jarvis bid. They would have only paid £2m for him for a year and then £17m if they stayed up. and his £80k a week wages. Yes it is a lot but having just paif £10 for Jarvis who is probably on £50/60k surely they're in as much mess as they would have been with Carroll. Also...are they signing Drenthe ?

Not sure how it would have put them in financial trouble anymore than the Jarvis bid. They would have only paid £2m for him for a year and then £17m if they stayed up. and his £80k a week wages. Yes it is a lot but having just paif £10 for Jarvis who is probably on £50/60k surely they're in as much mess as they would have been with Carroll. Also...are they signing Drenthe ?

they said themselves that if they signed carroll permanently, it would have eaten their finances severely for the entire time he would remain at the club....but they wanted to do it anyway

Why are people still clinging onto every word the mirror journalist writes?

I didn't think we were?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a transfer discussion thread. Therefore any rumours of players linked to us can get discussed on here.

Love the fact that WHU are 80/90m in debt but still happy spending money they dont have. Seems very blind. Really hope they go down again.

I was pondering on the same thing. They have been the most active in the market and are still going. Whereare they getting all the money from? Then at the end of the day they will play a game which will involve hoofing the ball up toa great lump at the front and hope that the majority go in!

I was pondering on the same thing. They have been the most active in the market and are still going. Whereare they getting all the money from? Then at the end of the day they will play a game which will involve hoofing the ball up toa great lump at the front and hope that the majority go in!

They are in severe financial do-do. I had a link to the West Ham site West Ham Til I Die which had an interview with David Sullivan which was published on their website around the turn of the year. It has since been pulled, largely I would bet because it painted West Ham in such a bad light...

Confirmed the debts at circa £90m

Confirmed this seasons season ticket money was spoken for in the same way as the Rangers/Ticketus fiasco.

Also stated that they still owed Sheff Utd up to £20m (as best I can recall) for the Tevez affair payable by 2013

Those are the bits that I can remember, there was bit more to it as well. The title, which I do have saved from messaging it to a mate was 'We Were the Most Insolvent Club in the Country'.

I'd take him! Very competant keeper. Solid, good shot stopper, great ability at crosses. Would be our 2nd choice for a year or so and then challenge with Gazza for no. 1 shirt.

If we bring another keeper in aside from Cropper who will be with the Dev squad then I think it should be someone capable of being no 1 now. Otherwise with Gazza we will just have the same situation we had with Bart - good keeper with potential but never gets any games and then loses confidence.

IMO they are looking at Gazza to take over the no 1 shirt next year.

With both Gaston Ramirez and Matt Phillips potential transfers dead, I think I'd would settle for just one decent centre back in now before the transfer window shuts.

Oh, who have they signed for then? I can't find this news anywhere.