Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Dani Osvaldo - A tortured soul trying to find his way... in Southampton

  1. #1

    Default Dani Osvaldo - A tortured soul trying to find his way... in Southampton


  2. Default

    Interesting read that.

    We must all give him a some love and attention and he might net 30 goals plus.

    Sounds a bit like Eric Cantona.......lets hope so eh

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    7,059

    Default

    make sure we send him a birthday card.
    no one did with delgado........

  4. #4

    Default

    He's got the first token of our love - the watch!

  5. #5

    Default

    As if a sports journalist can be that fit...

  6. Default

    There we go, let's make sure we get behind him. I'd rework the entirety of Dark Side of the Moon to fit his name if it meant he could score us 20 goals.

  7. Default

    Interesting read when so many said "why would he want to move to little Southampton when he has lived in Rome and Barcelona and have a chance to move to London".....

    A bit of calmness in life, feeling he is loved will go a long way with this lad!

  8. Default

    I would quite happily volunteer to give him a cuddle.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Posts
    2,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladysaint View Post
    I would quite happily volunteer to give him a cuddle.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Confoederatio Helvetica
    Posts
    16,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladysaint View Post
    I would quite happily volunteer to give him a cuddle.
    I'd fight you to be first in the queue!

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Posts
    2,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridge too far View Post
    I'd fight you to be first in the queue!

  12. #12

    Default

    Loving the link to the older article at the bottom - "..... three top targets snub the Saints" - 2 of whom have now signed!!

  13. #13

    Default

    Lets hope he finds a house in the New Forest rather than the city and show appreciation from the stands. Could lead to him feeling loved and being a top top player for us. I get the feeling he'll be a bit of a cult hero here.

  14. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Balls View Post
    Lets hope he finds a house in the New Forest rather than the city and show appreciation from the stands. Could lead to him feeling loved and being a top top player for us. I get the feeling he'll be a bit of a cult hero here.
    Not sure if East Boldre will be his bag.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ex-Dam, now Nairobi
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Jazzbo View Post
    Not sure if East Boldre will be his bag.
    How about Totton? Nice bunch of lads down the Keys...

  16. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amsterdam View Post
    How about Totton? Nice bunch of lads down the Keys...
    Yeah, although WADA might be on his case if they hear of him going down there.

    He could get to see the Cropdusters in Boldre though.

  17. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olallana View Post
    Interesting read when so many said "why would he want to move to little Southampton when he has lived in Rome and Barcelona and have a chance to move to London".....
    Because London's an overrated ****hole?

  18. #18

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Playing devils advocate since may 2014
    Posts
    24,415

    Default

    Let hope the high percentage of morons that attend SMS most weeks dont starting giving him grief if he isn't brilliant from the first second of his first game then.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Jeez over 3K posts, I should get a life!!
    Posts
    3,756

    Default

    Here we go: most apt where living anywhere else is concerned


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10tee6Eff34

  20. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Jazzbo View Post
    Not sure if East Boldre will be his bag.
    I found the bit about being taken to Juve to escape to a quieter life very interesting ("he was desperate to escape the temptations found in a big city and to just feel normal in a quieter location."). If that is the case, then Saints is well placed, especially with it's proximity to London should he wish to blow off some steam, as well as having MP here to give him that "love". Not all football players want to live in the bright lights, and who knows, maybe he just wants to be able to get a horse or a dog and go into the New Forest. Having moved up to live in London for the best part of 20 years, this part of the world has a certain appeal.

    Certainly if the fans aren't happy, we aren't going to behave quite like the (Roma) Ultras do. Not sure what the Espanyol supporters behave like when they get the hump, but the Italians are renowned for being aggressive towards players.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Portland, Oregon.
    Posts
    2,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pugwash View Post
    Because London's an overrated ****hole?
    Indeed.

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    I found the bit about being taken to Juve to escape to a quieter life very interesting ("he was desperate to escape the temptations found in a big city and to just feel normal in a quieter location."). If that is the case, then Saints is well placed, especially with it's proximity to London should he wish to blow off some steam, as well as having MP here to give him that "love". Not all football players want to live in the bright lights, and who knows, maybe he just wants to be able to get a horse or a dog and go into the New Forest. Having moved up to live in London for the best part of 20 years, this part of the world has a certain appeal.
    In his press conference he noted how he liked the amount of greenery in the areas around Southampton as well. Maybe this is the kind of club and area where he can settle and have some success!

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,695

    Default

    It's a wonder why he ever went back to Italy. Roma is quite a big draw though. Said it many times on here before though, that is one crazy footballing city, the intense scrutiny and pressure on the players is unlike most other cities in the world. You need to be an extremely strong character to succeed there, and thus it is no surprise that Roma have only won 3 league titles in over 86 years, for a club of that size it's mental.

    Rome is definitely not the place for somebody like Osvaldo. I genuinely believe that his move here will be the turning point for him from a personal side of things. It's well know that he likes the UK, and loves London. He seems settle with his current girlfriend. He won't have fans harassing him at restaurants, he'll be able to walk round town in peace (well, maybe not if people mistake him for Johnny Depp!) and he won't have fans standing outside his house abusing him. I'd imagine it'll probably be the most peaceful setting he has ever lived in before.

    He'll get our support, and unless he's Danny Fox bad then he isn't going to get much aggro. Which he won't be. Give him our full support and he'll give it back. As the Roman's would say, DAJE DANI!

  24. #24

    Default

    Wonder if dani will become the new Terry ( elvis ) Paine & take his guitar on the team coach

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pugwash View Post
    Because London's an overrated ****hole?
    It really isn't, as much as i love southampton because it's where i was born London has music, culture, food, nightlife, sports, parks and a hell of a lot more that very few places in the world can compete with.

    The problem is that if you don't live there you tend to end up in the west end which is about as exciting as west quay on friday night.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •