EVERTON MATCH questionnaire for Love Everton Forum

Love Everton Forum

Hello Saints fans and hope you all had a great Christmas.

I personally think it's refreshing to have another good side in the Premier League and have been impressed with your team this year.

However, it's time to take the gloves off and get mean with this weeks questions which we feel will have a definite effect on the outcome of the match, and with it ensure the points go to the good guys in blue. :D

If you would be so kind as to spare us a few minutes, I'll gladly add any answers to our match day thread.

We welcome all away fans to our forum, so feel free to pop in, and though we are new and small, we are gradually getting off the ground.

http://www.loveevertonforum.com

LE_zpsfebb7d62.jpg

1. How have you found the league so far now that we're approaching the half way mark?

2. Which position if any will you be wanting to strengthen in the next transfer window?

3. You must be delighted with the International recognition of some of your players. Are there any others that you feel are worthy of a call up?

4. What are your thoughts on Mauricio Pochettino and is he really that different to Nigel Adkins in terms of coaching?

5. What are you views of Everton as a club, our fans, and our style of football, and if you've been to Goodison before our stadium?

6. Can you name a best eleven plus a subs bench using players from both sides?

7. Where do you think both teams will finish in the table?

8. Any predictions for the game?

Thanks for taking the time to read, and let me take this opportunity to wish you well for 2014, and good luck for the season.

Love Everton Forum

1. been excellent. with a virtually fully fit squad, I would fancy our chances against anyone. Results back that up when we reached 3rd place. including beating Liverpool at theirs. Sadly, we dont have a strong squad due to being our 2nd season back in the top flight. and we have been hit hard with injuries. The home defeat to Spurs saw 4 of the regular back 5 out. which is insane. This is a very entertaining league this season. With some utterly appalling reffing thrown in.

2. Central Defender. We have 2 of quality. Fonte and the immense, Lovren. Sadly, they have not played together for a few games and their stand-ins are terrible on most occasions.

3. Luke Shaw and Nathanial Clyne. Simple as that. Clyne is miles better than Glenn Johnson. But Clyne does not play for a 'glory' club. But how smalling gets picjed at RB for England ahead of him is an utter joke. Shaw speaks for himself. NB. How schneiderlin has not been called up by france is insane

4. When he came in, thought WTF. I thought nigel had to be replaced if we wanted to stay up. But never heard of MP. Very quickly you could see he was cut above. Love the guy now. Quite funny hearing/reading pundits and experts back tracking on their thoughts on him

5. Never been to Goodison. But everton are a great club, good history and like us, not a 'glory' club. Although I was 4 at the time, the older fans still hate Everton fort he 1984 Cup semi final defeat. Many still feel that it was our cup to win that year

6. (if all fit)Boruc, Coleman, Lovren, Jagielka, Baines, Wanyama, schneiderlin, Lallana, Barkley, Rodriguez, Lukaku

Subs. Howard, Distin, Shaw, Mcarthy, Osvaldo, Miralles, Lambert

7. Saints 8th Everton 6th

8. 2-2

Edited by Batman

Nope, I just didn't think it was particularly relevant and might actually dissuade posters from daring to discuss our team and opponents on a football forum.

Feel free to start a thread in the lounge or TMS on the sort of folk who post on other teams forums.

:facepalm:

The abusive posts you deleted were less insulting.

Thanks to the others who made the effort.

1. How have you found the league so far now that we're approaching the half way mark?

It's been one of the best seasons I can remember, from a Saints perspective and more generally in terms of the competition. The top is wide open and the teams up there display all kinds of different qualities. I think the bottom half is poorer than it has been in previous years...but maybe I say that because Southampton aren't in it anymore!

2. Which position if any will you be wanting to strengthen in the next transfer window?

We need to strengthen our goalkeeping options. After that, I'd be happy to wait for the summer but wouldn't turn up my nose at a new centre half, left back or creative attacking midfielder.

3. You must be delighted with the International recognition of some of your players. Are there any others that you feel are worthy of a call up?

Morgan Schneiderlin has tough competition to get into the France team but I believe he's been more than worthy to get a place in the last few squads. If he is willing and able to play for England he should walk into the first XI. After that, it's a waiting game for Luke Shaw and Nathaniel Clyne who will probably be straight into the England squad after the World Cup. Lallana should go to Brazil but I'm not sure Rodriguez is one of our better options.

4. What are your thoughts on Mauricio Pochettino and is he really that different to Nigel Adkins in terms of coaching?

What he's brought is control. Under Adkins we had talented players who were allowed to express themselves, but we were naive to think we could take Premier League teams by the scruff of the neck like we could most of the Championship. Pochettino implemented a solid system of discipline and movement very quickly, without restricting our attacking instincts too much. The 'pressing game' is partly a media buzzword, since Adkins did it as well, but Pochettino has got it nailed down and effective in almost every game. He also seems to be a terrific man-manager, and his team selections/substitutions are almost always proved right.

5. What are you views of Everton as a club, our fans, and our style of football, and if you've been to Goodison before our stadium?

I have great respect for your history, your status in English football and the way your players feel about the club. It's always a good sign when players who go on to loads of clubs say none compare to Everton. I was really pleased to see Roberto Martinez take the helm as he's one of my favourite managers. He's proven not only his own coaching ability but the talents of your players, who have adapted to a totally different system and style of play very quickly. In Barkley, Lukaku and McCarthy you're even raising genuine star players, something you've lacked in recent years.

I went to Goodison last season and enjoyed it, though the atmosphere was quite subdued for a 3-1 win I thought. I always love visiting Liverpool, a proper football city.

Interesting question! Tough choices as well, let's see...

Boruc

Coleman Jagielka Lovren Baines

Wanyama Schneiderlin

Lallana Barkley Pienaar

Lukaku

Howard, Distin, Shaw, Barry, Mirallas, Deulofeu, Lambert

Gone for Wanyama/Schneiderlin on the strength of the partnership, but I think Barry's been just as good as either this season.

Everton 5th, Saints 7th

I think Martinez knows how to shut us down, but our game has evolved since we played Wigan last season. If we can be as clinical on the break as we were at Cardiff then we'll have a chance to get something but it won't be easy - your back line is far more disciplined than theirs, for a start. We're a match for any team this season, though. I'm wary of predicting a score because quite a lot depends on injuries.

Edited by DuncanRG

:facepalm:

The abusive posts you deleted were less insulting.

Thanks to the others who made the effort.

the cheek of it, coming onto our forum and facepalming a mod, Griffo was right. Plus I think the point of his questionnaire was that our people go onto their forum and post their replies to the questions and not just trot them out on this forum.

Very few games where we've played badly. Injuries havent helped and had we been more clinical in certain games we could easily be top 6 at the moment.

Would like to see a back up LB brought in, possibly on loan. Shaw is fantastic, but seems to miss the odd game through illness/injury and Fox isnt up to it.

Would take Lallana and Clyne to the World Cup. This season there have been better English strikers than Rodriguez and Lambert. Jay Rod more deserving than Lambo in the last couple of months though.

We played good football under Adkins, but Pochettino has tightened the defence and introduced high tempo pressing. Also, I'm not sure we would have persuaded any of last summers signings to come to Saints if Adkins was still in charge.

Enjoy watching Everton a lot and always liked them as a club. Will be interested to see how your squad develops next summer assuming Lukaku and Delufeou go back to their clubs and you receive large bids for Barkley and Baines. Get the impression that it will be important for Everton to finish 6th or 7th so that they can attract the required calibre of players so they can continue to push on next season.

Howard

Clyne Jagielka Lovren Baines

Wanyama Schneiderlin

Lallana Mirallas Barkley

Lukaku

Subs; Boruc, Shaw, Ramirez, Distin, Mccartthey, Osvaldo and Ward Prowse

Everton - 7th

Southampton 9th

Close game, 2-2.

the cheek of it, coming onto our forum and facepalming a mod, Griffo was right. Plus I think the point of his questionnaire was that our people go onto their forum and post their replies to the questions and not just trot them out on this forum.

Were you and the other idiot chosen to make Saints fans look thick or did you sneak between everybody's legs and run to the front? :rolleyes:

Were you and the other idiot chosen to make Saints fans look thick or did you sneak between everybody's legs and run to the front? :rolleyes:

Why don't you spend your day doing something better than arse licking people that don't even support your team on an internet forum then?

Well, so far I am loving how open the league is, the last few fixtures have seen us fall away but having so many teams fighting it out at the top is making for a wonderful spectacle. The Champions League places could literally belong to any of the top 8 and there looks to be a wonderful scrap for the title, so glad the closed shop of the top four is looking more open. It gives hope to clubs like us (and yourselves) after all!

We need more depth at the back. With Boruc out we look very shaky in goal, Gazzaniga simply is not premier league standard. If anything happened to Dejan Lovren or Luke Shaw I would also be extremely concerned. Danny Fox and Jos Hooiveld, like Gazzaniga are not good enough for where we are in the league currently.

Nathaniel Clyne should be in the reckoning, one of the best right backs i've ever seen play for us. James Ward-Prowse shouldn't be too far away, although the central midfield position for England is getting very competitive. (Ross Barkley for example! Either him or Ward-Prowse ahead of Cleverley all day long.) Also, the ongoing mystery of Morgan Schneiderlin being ignored by France is a complete farce.

Under Poch we are better organised and press higher, we do not score as freely generally but are less likely to conceed, the defence under Pochettino is the main reason for our immense improvement this year.

There is a little animosity from some sections of the fanbase after the Adrian Heath incident in a cup semi final in the 80's. Personally though that was before my time and I have no real problem with Everton. A well supported club which under the right manager can go far. Under Martinez this year you look very impressive and i'm not looking forward to seeing Lukaku line up against us again.

Applogies if it may seem a little Saints led or positions seem a little off, i'm just not that familiar with Everton......

GK: Howard

DR: Clyne

DL: Shaw

DC: Lovren

DC: Distin

DM: Wanyama

CM: Barkley

CM: Schneiderlin

RWF: Deluefeu

LWF: Lallana

FW: Lukaku

Subs: Boruc, Baines, Fonte, Mirallas, Ward-Prowse, Lambert, Osman

Everton: Top 6, I feel a champions league place will be a bit far beyond but a Europa League place should be a given.

Saints: 8th, We need better defensive depth to finish higher but it will signify massive progress as we look to push up further.

If Lovren and Shaw play: 1-1

Without those two: 2-0

Edited by Colinjb

About what I'd have expected personally. I'd have said between 6th and 9th was probably a fair position for Saints. Everton and Newcastle have surprised me being so high up, I think without the injuries we would be 4 or 5 points better off.

We could do with another 'keeper and a LB. Shaw is brilliant for his age but can't play every game. There are other areas but I would only expect maybe 1 or 2 signings in January.

Clyne is definitely good enough to play for England, I'd rate him easily as high as Johnson or Walker. Shaw will probably make his debut after the WC. JWP is good enough one day too but I think the 2 fullbacks are closer at the moment.

As much as we all liked Adkins, Poch is a definite step up. I've seen pundits on Soccer Saturday saying teams, "can't play the same high tempo pressing game as Bayern, Dortmund and Southampton." I think that says it all about MP's football philosophy. It's great to watch.

Never been to Goodison but it's definitely on my to do list. Can't make this weekend's game unfortunately. Not got a particular opinion of Everton fans as I don't really know any.

Howard

Clyne - Distin - Lovren - Baines (Only LB better than Shaw in the Prem IMO)

Schneiderin - Barry

Mirallas - Barkley - Lallana

Lukaku

Not sure on the bench.

Saints - 9th (we're already in a big space between 8th and 10th)

Everton - 7th Above Newcastle

We have a rotten record against Everton, so I will say another 3-1 defeat. Lukaku to score 2, Lambert from a set piece for Saints

Edited by Lighthouse

I've undeleted them, I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but I reckon they called it right first time. And we don't do face palms around here :mcinnes:

Sorry but if you are really a moderator your response shows why this forum is so spoiled by wums, trolls and plain idiots. Sorry but very disappointed with your response.

The tone of the response I took as accepting it is ok to insult other posters. Felt like you were even pandering to the afore mentioned " forum characters" If I have read your post incorrectly I apologise but if it was made unnacceptable to be insulting to other posters the forum would be a better place.

Let's all slap each other on the back and wish everyone well for the season, compliment each other and wish each other the best of luck. Yawn. If this nonce signs up to every forum of the teams they play and wishes them the best of luck then Everton aren't going to end up doing very well this season, are they..

Sorry but if you are really a moderator your response shows why this forum is so spoiled by wums, trolls and plain idiots. Sorry but very disappointed with your response.

Totally agree Croydonsaint. Very rarely do you get a thread here where you can have constructive dialogue. There are some very sad people on here - the lunatics have well and truly taken over this forum.

Let's all slap each other on the back and wish everyone well for the season, compliment each other and wish each other the best of luck. Yawn. If this nonce signs up to every forum of the teams they play and wishes them the best of luck then Everton aren't going to end up doing very well this season, are they..

Plus none of us ever have the delusion to think that anything posted on this forum (or any other for that matter) will ensure that our favourites will win any match. I'm sure half of the respondants didn't actually read the OP. I mean we didn't need to read the responses, most of us aren't interested in a combined Everton/Saints team, he should just have invited them onto his own forum to post whatever it was that they had to say. We have our own match threads.

It is not acceptable to insult other users, hence why I originally deleted the posts and explained my reasoning for doing so.

The OP, then claimed that the posts were less insulting that a suggestion to start a new thread elsewhere (bizarre) and proceeded to insult one of our posters.

Maybe my comment was flippant, generally we tolerate other teams posters as long as they are courteous and respect that it is a SAINTS forum and they are accordingly a guest on our patch. I didn't think that the OP demonstrated this in 2/3 of his posts.

I'm with Griffo! We only get these threads when a team's doing well and they want to get their bums licked. We didn't get LoveCardiff forum on here asking opinions bout their dumb club. It's fishing for compliments yo! LoveEverton is the bird at work trying to start conversation bout her dumb haircut, I'm like, "Listen c*nt! The only thing good bout ur haircut is the bit at the front that covers ur face, and in any case it all looks a bit ginger to me." I can't wait till everton have to send Lukaku back and sink back to mid-table obscurity. It's what LoveEverton deserves for being soft!

I have given Griffo, Windows + Chalet(!) reputations points. I have also rated this thread 5 stars cos it's lols.

Merry fucking christmas, c*nts!

If it is all so bloody tedious what the **** are you doing on the thread?

I've undeleted them, I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but I reckon they called it right first time. And we don't do face palms around here :mcinnes:

I hadn't seen Window Lickers 'nonce' post, so it looked like 'you' were the one having a pop, so for that my apologies, although the post above makes you look a bit silly to be fair. In either case, tact and diplomacy isn't your strong point, but I won't hold it against you. :shakey:

Plus none of us ever have the delusion to think that anything posted on this forum (or any other for that matter) will ensure that our favourites will win any match. I'm sure half of the respondants didn't actually read the OP. I mean we didn't need to read the responses, most of us aren't interested in a combined Everton/Saints team, he should just have invited them onto his own forum to post whatever it was that they had to say. We have our own match threads.

Have you talked to anybody regarding your literal thinking? I appreciate you're probably not the sharpest tool in the Southampton toolbox, although you may be the biggest, but sometimes it's important to realize when somebody is joking and not taking themselves too seriously. Of course my post ensured we won the match. Did you really think it was because we outplayed you? :shakey:

I'm with Griffo! We only get these threads when a team's doing well and they want to get their bums licked. We didn't get LoveCardiff forum on here asking opinions bout their dumb club. It's fishing for compliments yo! LoveEverton is the bird at work trying to start conversation bout her dumb haircut, I'm like, "Listen c*nt! The only thing good bout ur haircut is the bit at the front that covers ur face, and in any case it all looks a bit ginger to me." I can't wait till everton have to send Lukaku back and sink back to mid-table obscurity. It's what LoveEverton deserves for being soft!

I have given Griffo, Windows + Chalet(!) reputations points. I have also rated this thread 5 stars cos it's lols.

Merry fucking christmas, c*nts!

The bird at work who cashes your Giro for you?

The questionnaire is something we do every week in order to keep in touch with other forums, and to be fair, only the Saints forum has disappointed, or rather 3 or 4 thicko's letting their forum down and embarrassing the good lads who gave it a go (thanks to them). We all love a bit of banter, but banter is generally fun, whilst being a jerk like your 2 lickle fwends will always be just that.

To the decent posters on here, I thought it was a cracking game of football, and you have some great players who with a bit more experience at this level could go on to great things. I wish you well for the season, and indeed for the New Year, and thanks very much for being sports.

All the best.

To the decent posters on here, I thought it was a cracking game of football, and you have some great players who with a bit more experience at this level could go on to great things. I wish you well for the season, and indeed for the New Year, and thanks very much for being sports.

All the best.

All the best for Everton... play much better football under Martinez IMO... and you had more potency in the final third, otherwise felt the game was fairly even.

I hadn't seen Window Lickers 'nonce' post, so it looked like 'you' were the one having a pop, so for that my apologies, although the post above makes you look a bit silly to be fair. In either case, tact and diplomacy isn't your strong point, but I won't hold it against you. :shakey:

Have you talked to anybody regarding your literal thinking? I appreciate you're probably not the sharpest tool in the Southampton toolbox, although you may be the biggest, but sometimes it's important to realize when somebody is joking and not taking themselves too seriously. Of course my post ensured we won the match. Did you really think it was because we outplayed you? :shakey:

The bird at work who cashes your Giro for you?

The questionnaire is something we do every week in order to keep in touch with other forums, and to be fair, only the Saints forum has disappointed, or rather 3 or 4 thicko's letting their forum down and embarrassing the good lads who gave it a go (thanks to them). We all love a bit of banter, but banter is generally fun, whilst being a jerk like your 2 lickle fwends will always be just that.

All the best.

Anyone that says 'banter' is a definite c*nt as well. Go away and brown nose the next team you're playing.

Yes, yes it is you pompous arse.

I knew there was a reason I hate scouse, everything that comes from it and everything within about a 50 mile radius of it, just remembered what it is. :uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

I mean look at Liverpool's anthem, everybody thinks it comes from there, that Gerry and the Pacemakers created it, it doesn't, it comes from a 1945 Rogers and Hammerstein comedy musical. (Carousel for those who doubt me)

Be interesting to see how he gets on on the Stoke forum, doubt that there's much love lost there, them being fairly adjacent (as Richie Benaud would say).

Edited by Window Cleaner

Well, they have a NEW forum. If it is not flushed down the toilet soon after it's first appearance in Liverpool such as (insert anything you like here. I don't want the ban) then it will soon be as full of idiots and trolls just like this one. We have more than our fair share of trolls and idiots on this forum. Probably more than most.......But at least they are not passive aggressive morons. OUR morons stand up to be counted! 1,2,3,K,6,haddock,7,9 :)

Edited by Ohio Saint

Very generous of you. Now **** off back to your forum.