Short vs bald

pap

I've discussed this recently in the real world.

The general plusses for being short are :-

1) It doesn't creep up on you.

2) Air travel / any sort of restricted space

3) Greater range of clothing ( Adams is viable! )

However, the negatives are:-

1) Limited range of women (very sad)

2) Tall people at concerts

3) Anything on a top shelf

The thing is with "bald" is that it happens suddenly and unexpectedly, and can render a previously proud man as a hair-obsessed thatch-hunter.

Does the lifelong misery of being short trump the traumatic experience of losing all your hair?

Would you rather wear Cuban heels or a wig?

* Turks: sorry, this question is not for you. Try and get through it.

Neither.

Mate of mine wore Cuban heels; only thing anyone ever talked about when he was out of the office.

Wigs are ridiculous for male pattern baldness.

donald-trump-wig.jpg

Honestly think I'd rather be short than bald. Being tall ent all it's cracked up to be.

I'm hideously clumsy, have the turning circle of a double decker bus, I'm forever hitting my head on things, I get people start on me for no reason (other than my height), people at gigs hate me, I'm usually the one that takes the majority of **** cups at festivals/gigs, people always want piggy backs, I always have a bad back, travel (car/train/bus/coach/place) is a nightmare.

Honestly think I'd rather be short than bald. Being tall ent all it's cracked up to be.

I'm hideously clumsy, have the turning circle of a double decker bus, I'm forever hitting my head on things, I get people start on me for no reason (other than my height), people at gigs hate me, I'm usually the one that takes the majority of **** cups at festivals/gigs, people always want piggy backs, I always have a bad back, travel (car/train/bus/coach/place) is a nightmare.

A tall mate of mine reckons the world is designed for short people. He cites stairs, seating as examples.

I'm 5'9", so not very tall, but luckily I never find tall women attractive, could be connected though. Baldness? Well at about 23 I was convinced my hair was starting to thin out and a friend and I both became resigned to the fact that we'd lose our hair early. He was a slaphead within two years and I've still got a full head of hair 20 years later. It'll come one day though, so might as well accept it.

I'd go for bald over very short though, definitely. If you're going bald you just cut what you're left with down to a couple of millimetres and you look okay, I've known quite a few baldies who have no trouble getting women. Growing the little you have left long will make you look a **** though.

Being short is being short and you will rightfully be judged for it by your peers.

A tall mate of mine reckons the world is designed for short people. He cites stairs, seating as examples.

Yeah, these things too.

Also theatres. I know a lot of the ones round me in London are old, but seriously. I'm only 6"3/6"4 (yes that's clearly tall - but I'm not exactly a proper giant) and I just cannot fathom who these seats were designed for. Were all people in the 1800's (or whenever these things were built) pint sized? Eeesh.

Well originally my thinning mane came as a surprise and was met with a good few months of worry and vanity fuelled anger. Thankfully I then just decided to take a pair of hair clippers to the lot before it got too bad.

This happened to be a good choice, and Ive soon found out I have a good shaped head for a baldy, backed up with a bit of a beard now.

So Id of said its better to be a baldy then a short arse TBH

A lot of Turkish obsession on this thread I see :lol:

my early/mid 90s CP seems a lifetime ago. I went down through the grades until I got to a 0.5. Doesnt bother me in the slightest. But then I am a damn fine looking chap with a muscular physique, charismatic personality, class and style so having a slap head is all part of the package.

Edited by Turkish

A lot of Turkish obsession on this thread I see :lol:

my early/mid 90s CP seems a lifetime ago. I went down through the grades until I got to a 0.5. Doesnt sent bother me in the slightest. But then I am a damn fine looking chap with a muscular physique, charismatic personality, class and style so having a slap head is all part of the package.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Party-WIG-New-red-and-white-big-discounts-on-large-quantity-purchases-/171417673684?pt=UK_Clothing_Masks_JD&var=470455798404&hash=item27e94a1fd4

Know who this guy is?

tim_dunigan_faceman.jpg

Of course you don't. It's Tim Dunigan, the original Faceman from the A-Team pilot.

Fired for being too tall, specifically making B.A. Baracus look weedier than the show-makers wanted! (rest of A-Team were midgets, yo!)

Happy ending for Tim Dunigan though. He never went bald.

Tim_Dunigan.png

Whereas Mr T was both short and (mostly) bald. We all know what an angry bastard he is.

I'm tall and bald. Started losing my hair around February, turns out I have Alopecia.

It works for me though, because I always resented having to pay for haircuts and I get to shower less frequently than before :toppa:

PS: That is not me in my avatar, before anyone quips.

Baldness is no excuse for poor hygiene you dirty f*ck.

Let's look at this objectively, baldness is a result of high levels of testosterone, testosterone is the Male Hormone, therefore by logic, anybody with a full head of hair is basically a woman. Now that's sorted I am off to polish my bonce.

Spot on.

Let's look at this objectively, baldness is a result of high levels of testosterone, testosterone is the Male Hormone, therefore by logic, anybody with a full head of hair is basically a woman. Now that's sorted I am off to polish my bonce.

Technically it its is a genetic sensitivity to testosterone, it is not proportional to testosterone levels. Otherwise all those steroidal bodybuilding women would be bald.

And yet, according to the "is your ring finger bigger than your index finger" test, I am Testosteronous Rex, or at the very least, a Testopiraptor.*

* insert testicle related joke for guaranteed hilarity.

What's short and what's tall, pap?

I'm a wig wearer and proud of it. I'd be pretty much bald on top without it.

It wasn't vanity that made me wear it, it was the thought of losing all the Carson from Downtown(sic) Abbey lookalike work that I get.

Without it I look like the person that Turkish wants to come across as on here:

6'1" (nearer 6'2" with some of my wigs), 15 stone, 46" chest, 36" waist and with sort of good looks that makes every male that meets me jealous*

I watch with amusement as the people I meet for the first time struggle to reconcile the erudite and mellifluous words and tones that leave my mouth, with the appearance of an extra from Green Street**

It's the sort of visual and aural contradiction that would see Turkish making a post on here that reads:

Very well m'Lady. Shall I bring the car round for the Earl of Grantham?

So, don't **** with me. M'Lords.

*Statistics (and facts) subject to change

** If that extra wore M&S jeans, a clean and nicely pressed shirt and a tweed jacket