Explanation on the future of the 'news' section + Sheffield United preview now live!

Saint-Armstrong

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/content.php?525-PREVIEW-Sheffield-United-vs-SAINTS-Capital-One-Cup-Quarter-Final

So... we're looking at getting back into regularly updating the 'news' side of the site, and that's something I've agreed to do (or try, at least!) from now on, moving forward. It's clearly in need of updating and from now on I'll look to do match previews, post-match summaries, the latest rumour round-ups and look to amalgamate Saints coverage into one section of the website (you might have seen me doing such amalgamation on my Twitter feed!)

Just to raise awareness this time, I thought I'd post this one up like this - but in future, it'll just go straight into the pre-match thread.

I've got a previous formula that I like to think works, so I've gone with that for now - I intend to bring back the extensive looks at pre-season opponents that I carried out the other summer also, if they're popular.

Anyway, let us know what you think and how best we can 'fine-tune' that section of the SaintsWeb website.

Many thanks!

Saint-Armstrong

Edited by Saint-Armstrong

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/content.php?525-PREVIEW-Sheffield-United-vs-SAINTS-Capital-One-Cup-Quarter-Final

So... we're looking at getting back into regularly updating the 'news' side of the site, and that's something I've agreed to do (or try, at least!) from now on, moving forward. It's clearly in need of updating and from now on I'll look to do match previews, post-match summaries, the latest rumour round-ups and look to amalgamate Saints coverage into one section of the website (you might have seen me doing such amalgamation on my Twitter feed!)

Just to raise awareness this time, I thought I'd post this one up like this - but in future, it'll just go straight into the pre-match thread.

I've got a previous formula that I like to think works, so I've gone with that for now - I intend to bring back the extensive looks at pre-season opponents that I carried out the other summer also, if they're popular.

Anyway, let us know what you think and how best we can 'fine-tune' that section of the SaintsWeb website.

Many thanks!

Saint-Armstrong

Well if your English above is anything to go by, I'm sure it'll be an extremely erudite read.

Excellent news. I might actually pay £5 now. I know a lot of people have been really pee'd off having spent their money only to have little or no service other than what you'd expect from a free website. I'll give you a few goes at writing something interesting and if all goes well then i shall stump up my fiver and congratulate Steve on breathing new life into the site..........but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Look forward to reading your stuff, St Armstrong.

It's about time. Quite a few of us just come on here for news and don't want to read through pages and pages of crap. Hopefully this will also encourage a few of the good posters who don't bother any more and you can see why to return. Just on a note Armstrong, when you find out a bit of info or have some breaking news can you credit your source rather than pass it off as your own like you do every time on twitter. Thanks.

It's about time. Quite a few of us just come on here for news and don't want to read through pages and pages of crap. Hopefully this will also encourage a few of the good posters who don't bother any more and you can see why to return. Just on a note Armstrong, when you find out a bit of info or have some breaking news can you credit your source rather than pass it off as your own like you do every time on twitter. Thanks.

:lol:

It's about time you replied. Quite a few of us come on here to read and don't want to read through pages and pages of your 25,000 + posts of crap. Hopefully this won't discourage a few of the good posters who don't bother any more and you can see why from returning. Just on a note Turkish, when I find out a bit of info or have some breaking news, I tend to credit my source or provide a link, rather than pass it off as my own on Twitter. Thanks, and feel free to continue trying to be the forum comedian with naff jokes and pot shots and digs at others from behind your anonymity.

Have a good day. :)

Yeah, this. And stop posting my images as if they are your own.

That goes for Steve Grant too, and although I have to admit a certain satisfaction in the pair of you bathing in my reflected glory, I'm tired of explaining that I'm the originator of the image when someone re-posts it for my delight.

Match reports are fine, yet in an age when most people can watch every game themselves online they become superfluous unless written in an interesting and stylish way.

I'd much rather read reports from people who have been at the game rather than those battered out on a laptop from their bedroom before Mum calls them down for dinner. I always take more interest in the "back from the game" threads rather then the post-match keyboard warrior discussions which normally feature the most ludicrous posts on the forum because I like to know what went on at the game rather than read about what I have probably just seen on a screen anyway.

Still, good luck with it.

Match reports are fine, yet in an age when most people can watch every game themselves online they become superfluous unless written in an interesting and stylish way.

I'd much rather read reports from people who have been at the game rather than those battered out on a laptop from their bedroom before Mum calls them down for dinner. I always take more interest in the "back from the game" threads rather then the post-match keyboard warrior discussions which normally feature the most ludicrous posts on the forum because I like to know what went on at the game rather than read about what I have probably just seen on a screen anyway.

That's the aim...

Anyway, it'll all become clearer in the coming weeks.

How come you stopped Colin? Yours were always interesting reads.

Time was the main thing. Increased work responsibility and an impending house move ensured something had to give. Shame as I enjoyed doing them but if I couldn't give it full effort then better to not do it at all.

Glad you found them interesting, nice to know.

Edited by Colinjb

I'd much rather read match reports from people who aren't up themselves twerps, but hey ho.

Bloody hell, I was about to volunteer as well. :(

hah!

I do actually like/appreciate your analysis of footballers and matches, you're one of the more erudite posters who know what you're talking about. (god, I sound like a creep, but you know what I mean?) I like Chez's posts on matches as well, but he doesn't post enough.

For the effort required its just not really worth it as so few people will read it.

Most probably link to the Forum directly and never read the main pages and now there are probably a hundred Saints articles online in various places anyway.