Bought my first house - Need a few bits!

thesaint sfc

I bought my first house last week and I am absolutely skint. (feels like I will be for the rest of my life too!:()

Does anyone have a decent table and 4/6 chairs they would like to get rid of?

Also looking for a gas/electic cooker & hob.

Also after a washing machine.

Thought it might be worth asking. I had all sorts of things in my attic which I didn't want from my last place which I gave away and have gone to happy homes.

I'm happy to collect - I live in Brighton but I'll be in Southampton this Friday.

Thanks guys.

:D

Been living along since November in my first place, never thought i would cope after about a month or so..........

But i am still alive, Freecycle is a god send until you can afford to get some decent clobber, put in an advert for a fridge freezer and had a bout 4 offered to me, all in working order apparently.

give it a whirl

In my experience, Freecycle just bombards your inbox with hundreds of offers of crap, most of which is already gone by the time you contact the vendor.

Anyway, I didn't think they gave mortgages to 15-year-olds.

In my experience, Freecycle just bombards your inbox with hundreds of offers of crap, most of which is already gone by the time you contact the vendor.

you can change the settings so you dont receive any emails

I am an avid freecycler but be warned - I got a freezer which after a week caught fire and I had to call a bloody fire engine out!!

I was 15 just over 6 years ago, so maybe you're getting confused with that? You oldies do tend to suffer memory loss ;)

Been living along since November in my first place, never thought i would cope after about a month or so..........

But i am still alive, Freecycle is a god send until you can afford to get some decent clobber, put in an advert for a fridge freezer and had a bout 4 offered to me, all in working order apparently.

give it a whirl

Thanks for your wise words of wisdom as ever Stevo

Bought a year old cream corner sofa last night from someone on gumtree for £120. Bought an ikea table with 6 chairs for £50 off someone on ebay and £150 on a brand new free standing electric cooker with hob also from ebay. Thanks guys. If anyone else has anything they would like to give me - please let me know :D

Bought a year old cream corner sofa last night from someone on gumtree for £120. Bought an ikea table with 6 chairs for £50 off someone on ebay and £150 on a brand new free standing electric cooker with hob also from ebay. Thanks guys. If anyone else has anything they would like to give me - please let me know :D

Got some lovely gravel if you want it

That's not skint! :-p

That's not skint! :-p

True that. :lol:

I'm actually minted and just trying to get free stuff.

No really, they were amazingly good deals. The cooker was £389 on argos. The sofa cost £699 from DFS a couple of years back - still in good nick. I've done well! All thanks to this thread too. Sort of.

bought a year old cream corner sofa last night from someone on gumtree for £120. Bought an ikea table with 6 chairs for £50 off someone on ebay and £150 on a brand new free standing electric cooker with hob also from ebay. Thanks guys. If anyone else has anything they would like to give me - please let me know :D

aids ?

I bought my first house last week and I am absolutely skint. (feels like I will be for the rest of my life too!:()

I'm happy to collect - I live in Brighton but I'll be in Southampton this Friday.

Thanks guys.

:D

Well no wonder you're skint if you bought a house in Brighton. We moved out of Brighton and back to Southampton because we just couldn't afford to buy there (well, that was the official reason I gave to the Mrs, unnoficially it meant more Saints games!)

When I moved in with my missus, I offered to pay all the rent if she did everything else. I now have one bill to pay, she pays for: furniture, council tax, utilities, shopping (excluding alcohol but including my stuff like razor blades and shampoo) renting the garage out the back, lovefilm, mobile broadband and I make her pay for petrol if she wants to go anywhere. I think I may have got the good end of the deal there.

Furniture-wise, we bought a fair amount of stuff from Ikea but we did sponge a lot of the rest of the stuff from our parents.

Incidentally, am I the first to destroy a brand new bookcase because I suck at flat pack?

When I moved in with my missus, I offered to pay all the rent if she did everything else. I now have one bill to pay, she pays for: furniture, council tax, utilities, shopping (excluding alcohol but including my stuff like razor blades and shampoo) renting the garage out the back, lovefilm, mobile broadband and I make her pay for petrol if she wants to go anywhere. I think I may have got the good end of the deal there.

Furniture-wise, we bought a fair amount of stuff from Ikea but we did sponge a lot of the rest of the stuff from our parents.

Incidentally, am I the first to destroy a brand new bookcase because I suck at flat pack?

bookcase perhaps, but i got nails hanging outa most of my ikea furniture. Malm, btw