Help on the Job front ?

Red&White

Any help or recommends to any decent Job sites appreciated.

Have been trying for a while, bloody hard going !

The problem is the amount of people applying for each position and the pages and pages of forms/applications you have to fill out ( even for the most menial jobs, not that there is anything wrong with menial jobs but you know what I mean :rolleyes: ).

I'm looking for a full time job at the moment. It's difficult and it seems there is nothing on the internet so I just plan to get my CV out there.

Don't forget to lie. And use my favourite bull**** line somewhere "I enjoy working as a team, but am equally motivated working on my own".

Don't forget to lie. And use my favourite bull**** line somewhere "I enjoy working as a team, but am equally motivated working on my own".

I used to work in recruitment, it was hilarious some of the s*** on peoples CV's One guy listed his attributes under his name and address one of theses was "steely blue eyes"

another classic i have seen elsewhere was "a self taught, quite fast typist"

I used to work in recruitment, it was hilarious some of the s*** on peoples CV's One guy listed his attributes under his name and address one of theses was "steely blue eyes"

You must have a few good tips to put down as leisure activities you enjoy. I can't remember what I put down as "enjoying" now. When you do **** all apart from eating and drinking you've got to be a bit creative.

You must have a few good tips to put down as leisure activities you enjoy. I can't remember what I put down as "enjoying" now. When you do **** all apart from eating and drinking you've got to be a bit creative.

describe yourself as a Bon viveur, no one will have a f*cking clue what you are talking about, you'll make yourself not only look really intellegent and cultured, but cover over being a lazy, greedy c*nt with a bit of flash spin.

Fool the search engines that the corporates and agencies use.

Find out the two or three core skills of the job, write these at the bottom of the CV multiple times and then change the font to white.

It doesn't appear to the naked eye, but you come out top of every search they run for those jobs and top of the job you have just applied for.

Thank me later.... good luck

Find out the two or three core skills of the job, write these at the bottom of the CV multiple times and then change the font to white.

It doesn't appear to the naked eye, but you come out top of every search they run for those jobs and top of the job you have just applied for.

This is fantastic. Good luck!

And I suppose even if they spot it it'll show intiative. Brilliant.

Any help or recommends to any decent Job sites appreciated.

Have been trying for a while, bloody hard going !

The problem is the amount of people applying for each position and the pages and pages of forms/applications you have to fill out ( even for the most menial jobs, not that there is anything wrong with menial jobs but you know what I mean :rolleyes: ).

What sort of job are you seriously looking for, and what sort of qualifications do you have and age may play an important factor

Personally I would get yourself on www.linkedin.com and connect to as many people as you can
Yes... Linkedin... I am skint, I know some business men and I can get a loan to buy PFC. Lol

No seriously your cv should read with statements and examples/evidence.

IE: I am a good team organiser and last year I lead this team in this task with this result.

worst, seo advice, ever

Gemmel, old news I am afraid. For instance our newer search technologies haved moved on a generation looking at logical grouping as opposed to just the hits on white lettering 'skills'.

Also we use other weightings in the algorythms to rank applicants.

To the OP, what is your profession?

Gemmel, old news I am afraid. For instance our newer search technologies haved moved on a generation looking at logical grouping as opposed to just the hits on white lettering 'skills'.

Also we use other weightings in the algorythms to rank applicants.

To the OP, what is your profession?

Most of the corporates still use boolean logic search engines in their ATS apllications, which delivers a scored response based on key words and the agencies certainly do.

Your right that technology has moved on and there are "conceptual search engines" that link words to other words and factor in the word grouping etc, but dont get to carried away with the algorithm weightings.... Which work well with pre screening questions and branching questions, but are still hit and miss with CV Searching, plus the fact that the main provider was aquired by a competitor, who promtly dropped the "Conceptual and algorhymic search" engine as no one could explain exactly how it worked. and none the less there are ways around them all.....find the job on the corporate site, right click mouse "view source" and scroll down, you can still see the weighting on most of them and act accordingly ;)

Ive flipped through a few peoples cv's while at work, and some of them are unintentionally hilarious, theres a few favourites, the first one being the person who didnt put their name anywhere on their CV!

People who put photos of themselves, are always good for a laugh, or the best of the lot, written in the "previous employment" section was "Unemployed April 2003 - August 2009"!

he didnt get hired in the end

what is it you do?

I am a qualified Toolmaker by trade bit of a hard time in Engineering at the mo, my age doesn`t help (52).

Pretty handy at most things, fitting kitchens/bathrooms etc

Will have a go at most things not proud just want to work !.

What looks more promising is part time work, maybe get 2 or 3 fingers crossed eh ?.

Thanks all of you for your comments/ response

COYR

I am a qualified Toolmaker by trade bit of a hard time in Engineering at the mo, my age doesn`t help (52).

Pretty handy at most things, fitting kitchens/bathrooms etc

Will have a go at most things not proud just want to work !.

What looks more promising is part time work, maybe get 2 or 3 fingers crossed eh ?.

Thanks all of you for your comments/ response

COYR

Go and work for Uncle Leon.

http://www.lymingtonprecision.co.uk/vacancies/toolmaker