The Brits

Hatch

Glad I'm not the only one. What a pile of drivel (is that even possible? :?). That was probably the most boring Brits I've sat through, James Corden was (predictably) bland, unfunny & totally scripted, although, having said that he seems to have got away with calling Simon Cowell a bastard before the watershed.

No onto 1-Dimension, they have ruined two fabulous songs from my formative years, mashing up Teenage Kicks & One way or Another, & making a really weak version sung with no passion or desire. It's unforgivable. Whilst on the subject of No-Direction, what the hell is Harry What's-his-name doing dumping Taylor Swift, she's gorgeous. That too is unforgivable.

I don't know why anybody even pays the slightest bit of attention to The Brits anyway. It's just an excuse for a load of commercial music industry execs and pop bands to get together and blow sunshine up each others' ar$es while glugging free champagne.

It's not like the awards themselves hold any credibility... A few years back they gave a lifetime achievement award t the Spice Girls and in the same year awarded best dance act to the f***ing Sugababes! :facepalm:

I don't know why anybody even pays the slightest bit of attention to The Brits anyway. It's just an excuse for a load of commercial music industry execs and pop bands to get together and blow sunshine up each others' ar$es while glugging free champagne. It's not like the awards themselves hold any credibility... A few years back they gave a lifetime achievement award t the Spice Girls and in the same year awarded best dance act to the f***ing Sugababes! :facepalm:
the whole thing got a right bashing on the radio earlier...someone compared yesterday to 1996..when oasis, blur, radiohead, verve etc werer what it was all about and were world class bands....and yesterday it was about 1 Direction and james cordons scripted unfunny jokes.....

One Direction are truly fkn awful. The cover versions are travesties. The youngest put their version of "One Way or Another" on during the school run on Monday.

For something so relentlessly cheery, it had me full of rage within 30 seconds.

One Direction are truly fkn awful. The cover versions are travesties. The youngest put their version of "One Way or Another" on during the school run on Monday.

What really hacks me off is that they are not only butchering one great song, but two.

I hate them so, so, so much.

Stop being such a misery, let your kids live while they're young.

Stop being such a misery, let your kids live while they're young.

She put that one on too.

She's a stubborn little bollix. She likes to vex me with "all One Direction" playlists.

Dads: never EVER feel guilty about playing your own music in the car. Democracy sounds like a good idea, until you actually hear it.

I was subjected to having to listen to One Direction in someone's car once. I think their talent is summed up perfectly in these lyrics, taken from one of their songs "over again"

"Now she’s feeling so low since she went solo

Hole in the middle of my heart like a polo"

I really do despair for the future of the human race when this crap is not only liked by youngsters, but it wins Brit awards as well.

People like Cowell may have spotted a gap in the market but they've totally destroyed the music industry.

I remember as a teenager watching Take that do a Beatles medley at the Brits, i thought i was quite good and my dad though it was terrible. I sid it was because he was old and didn't get it, now i empathise with him, a lot of modern music is utter sh*te.

I am loving those reunion shows, all started by steps reunited. I heard that 5 are looking for a 5th member since Jay quit, would this be something you would consider? I think you would make a great Jay.

The best reunion programme of them all is 'there are no innocent bystanders' though, this was very interesting.

I am loving those reunion shows, all started by steps reunited. I heard that 5 are looking for a 5th member since Jay quit, would this be something you would consider? I think you would make a great Jay.

The best reunion programme of them all is 'there are no innocent bystanders' though, this was very interesting.

I think i could definitely do a better attempt at vocals than Jay did on Keep on Movin' plus i have the rugged, bad boy looks and image to rebel against modern commerically manfuctured music. We could reinvent 5 at a kind of boy band Sex Pistols. I can see me wailing out Jays part in this wearing a Stone Island jacket and addias gazelles.

[video=youtube;FbWJVult-9M]

That's exactly what I thought Turks! We could make millions. We would have to be very careful not to come over all 'right said Fred' ish though. That would always be the danger.

I wont wear a tight fishnet vest under my jacket, that should help.

She put that one on too.

She's a stubborn little bollix. She likes to vex me with "all One Direction" playlists.

Dads: never EVER feel guilty about playing your own music in the car. Democracy sounds like a good idea, until you actually hear it.

The Ipod/phone plug in our car is controlled by me with a Satlinist zeal - My rational being its the last bastion of loud music as Mrs F's c 'restricts' 'noise' in the house. dads of the Worls should unite and bring about a change in legislation that teeny pop is simply not allowed within any vehicle.

The only real issue here is that so many people like crap music.

It is a shame, but it doesn't mean there isn't good music out there. I haven't bothered with the charts for yonks. If I want to broaden my horizons, I go to Metacritic, sort by highest to lowest album score and have a listen of the top new albums.

I've discovered loads of great bands through that site.

Music isn't crap if you like it....

Yeah, the missus says stuff like this too.

Here's pap's musical credibility challenge.

How many of the bands that you listened to as a teenager can you still stomach today?

See, the missus listened to a load of old ****e like New Kids on the Block. I was into Guns 'N Roses, Rage Against The Machine and Nirvana.

I still have those albums on all the time. She cringes whenever Hanging Tough is played on some dodgy music channel. Sure, music is a matter of taste, but as her behaviour in later life proved, she had no taste then, and little now (imo, ofc).

I doubt she'll be listening to anything she listens to now in 2023.

Yeah, the missus says stuff like this too.

Here's pap's musical credibility challenge.

How many of the bands that you listened to as a teenager can you still stomach today?

Frankie Goes To Hollywood

Chris de Burgh

Level 42

Huey Lewis and the News

Nik Kershaw

Cutting Crew

Darts

Showaddywaddy

Baltimora

Matthew Wilder

Dexys Midnight Runners

The Police

Howard Jones

ABC

Abba

Adam and the Ants

Big Country

Blondie

Dire Straits

Duran Duran

Madness

Electric Light Orhestra

Eurythmics

Foreigner

Peter Gabriel

Phil Collins

Genesis

Bruce Springsteen

Don Henley

Bruce Hornsby & the Range

Howard Jones

Mental as Anything

Men Without Hats

Mr Mister

OMD

Pet Shop Boys

Alan parsons Project

Queen

Simple Minds

T'Pau

Travis

Kim Wilde

Heaven 17

Meatloaf

Jon and Vangelis

B A Robertson

Rainbow

Squeeze

Kate Bush

Roxy Music

Martha and the Mufffins

Spandau Ballet

Ultravox

Goombay Dance Band

Tears for Fears

Blancmange

Men at Work

Thompson Twins

Fiction Factory

Paul Young

KC and the Sunshine Band

Culture Club

Alphaville

Communards

King

Fine Young Cannibals

A-ha

Feargal Sharkey

Owen Paul

Housemartins

It Bites

Erasure

Nick Berry

Swing Out Sister

Living in a Box

Labi Siffre

John Farnham

Rick Astley

Frankie Goes To Hollywood

Chris de Burgh

Level 42

Huey Lewis and the News

Nik Kershaw

Cutting Crew

Darts

Showaddywaddy

Baltimora

Matthew Wilder

Dexys Midnight Runners

The Police

Howard Jones

ABC

Abba

Adam and the Ants

Big Country

Blondie

Dire Straits

Duran Duran

Madness

Electric Light Orhestra

Eurythmics

Foreigner

Peter Gabriel

Phil Collins

Genesis

Bruce Springsteen

Don Henley

Bruce Hornsby & the Range

Howard Jones

Mental as Anything

Men Without Hats

Mr Mister

OMD

Pet Shop Boys

Alan parsons Project

Queen

Simple Minds

T'Pau

Travis

Kim Wilde

Heaven 17

Meatloaf

Jon and Vangelis

B A Robertson

Rainbow

Squeeze

Kate Bush

Roxy Music

Martha and the Mufffins

Spandau Ballet

Ultravox

Goombay Dance Band

Tears for Fears

Blancmange

Men at Work

Thompson Twins

Fiction Factory

Paul Young

KC and the Sunshine Band

Culture Club

Alphaville

Communards

King

Fine Young Cannibals

A-ha

Feargal Sharkey

Owen Paul

Housemartins

It Bites

Erasure

Nick Berry

Swing Out Sister

Living in a Box

Labi Siffre

John Farnham

Rick Astley

Would you go as far as to say now posting on this forum is your favourite waste of time?