Jump to content

Stripey McStripe Shirt

Subscribed Users
  • Posts

    1562
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stripey McStripe Shirt

  1. Viva la Frenchies.
  2. And I still see that tackle by Spence, and when Konsa scored, Toney belting the ball...
  3. Careful what you wish for...
  4. There's something about the fans at this world cup which has never felt right. I know it's in America, and they obviously don't really understand sport, but I would assume there's a good chunk of natives from various teams watching. But whenever the camera pans to England fans they just seem to sterile. Not quite AI generated, but almost moulded in the way and average person (thick American) would stereotype someone from each nation. For example the English fans dressed as Lions and as St George, none of who look like they've ever watched football or celebrated a goal before. Same for the french fans holding baguettes and wearing berets. The other day I though the same about Spanish fans dressed as matadors, and same for various other teams throughout the tournament. None of it seems quite real. Obviously I don't expect it from a 3rd place play off, but I don't recall seeing any real passion from fans of any team.
  5. In happier news the Argies are absolutely furious at the end of the rugby. Hoping the England players unfurl a Falklands banner in a minute.
  6. What's he done? Hopefully not disastrous...
  7. Nah. What about the play off semi final?
  8. It's been said. In fact, I've probably said it. On balance, we were probably favourites and probably should have beat them on the night if we hadn't shat the bed in the last 20 minutes. However, to say Argentina are bang average is nonsense. They're the current world cup holders and Copa America holders, now in a second successive world cup final, with some world class players, including the greatest player of all time (albeit in twilight years of his career). Looking back, England clearly underestimated them, which was their biggest mistake. Even at half time the England assistant coach was talking about expecting England's Premier League fitness/power to shine through. It's clearly bollocks. There's no shame in losing to Argentina. But there is major shame in the manner in which it happened.
  9. Despite the horrific memories of the season, I always quite liked this one
  10. Tat for the winners. Bet the England players are devastated, but at least they're also on sale if you're a weirdo with lots of money. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cgmk7mnnyjeo
  11. So, even if we lose to France we've had a better tournament than them, as they've finished worse than expected. Haha, suck on that frenchies.
  12. Wishing Queen Camilla a very happy 79th birthday. Long may she reign over us. Lovely new photo of her released today to mark the occasion. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cgk47yjv4pmo
  13. Think they'll make a good effort at being the first ever host nation not to qualify for a major tournament at Euro 28...
  14. Cold be a typo when they say walk the dog?
  15. Excellent. I'm feeling better already.
  16. The best form of defence is a good offence.The England squad's strength is quite clearly their attackers, rather than defenders. Sitting back and making negative changes was never going to be enough against Argentina. Everyone could see it. Except Tuchel. Sack him. I'm still more pissed off than I've been about football for a long, long time. And I'm a Saints fan, I'm always pissed off about football.
  17. Seems odd that Tuchel seemingly wasn't on the pitch at all after full time. Southgate would have been there with arms around the players etc. but as far as I could tell he was nowhere to be seen.
  18. Have we sacked Tuchel yet?
  19. They really are fucking weird up there. That's a journalist. An actual journalist, presumably with qualifications, who's written that. I actually feel sorry for them.
  20. Who remembers when Sam Smith made a video of himself crying right at the start of the pandemic. I still think about that quite often.
  21. Fear not. We've got Ivan Toney for the pens.
  22. This is the most I've ever believed we will reach the final of a major tournament since the 79th minute of the FA Cup semi final. Feeling a bit giddy.
  23. Lovely to see the art of finding kids in the crowd crying about losing isn't dead.
×
×
  • Create New...