Those bloody horns

How does it give it atmosphere?

It means no singing, no crowd noise, no reaction to incidents or goals, no injury time crowd tension, nothing, just that inane buzzing. It's completely ruined the world cup atmosphere IMO.

Last night there was a fair amount of singing from the Brazil fans in the first 10 minutes or so, but eventually they gave up and mostly seemed to just sit and watch as if it were on TV.

How does it give it atmosphere?

It means no singing, no crowd noise, no reaction to incidents or goals, no injury time crowd tension, nothing, just that inane buzzing. It's completely ruined the world cup atmosphere IMO.

It fills out the stadium with noise, quite often with international matches that i've seen there is no singing or cheering etc. People just sit there and watch. The vuvuzelas create a bit of noise in the stadium and liven things up a bit imo, and it would be unfair to ban them because they're forecasted to bring in £2m to the South African economy through sales.

I heard on the radio that Sainsbury's had been making mega-bucks from selling huge amounts of them over here.

I do hope that football clubs in the UK ban them from entering grounds. If anybody blows one anywhere grabbing distance of me during a Saints match, Southampton General will have to perform surgery to have it removed from their arse.

I heard on the radio that Sainsbury's had been making mega-bucks from selling huge amounts of them over here.

I do hope that football clubs in the UK ban them from entering grounds. If anybody blows one anywhere grabbing distance of me during a Saints match, Southampton General will have to perform surgery to have it removed from their arse.

My sentiments exactly. No matter what colour they were to start with, they will all end up brown.

On second thoughts, there's no chance of them in the UK. 'Elf and safety' will see to that, unless the club issues us all with earplugs, of course.

Last night there was a fair amount of singing from the Brazil fans in the first 10 minutes or so, but eventually they gave up and mostly seemed to just sit and watch as if it were on TV.

I thought it was much quieter last night on TV here in Austria, and wondered if the OB or the local national broadcasters have already introduced noise cancellation.

Problem with that is, if the Vuvuzelas are still killing singing in the stands, all we will hear on TV is silence...

Appreciate people's backs being gotten up but persoanally I like the noise. I hope that should we get the 2018 WC no matches are planned for Scottishland as we will have to suffer the bagpipes which I do not enjoy, apart from the ones on 'Mull of Kintyre' of course. For those who are not familiar with Scottishl;and jeography The Mull of Kintyre is the bit on the left that looks like a flaccid penis and is also one of Paul Macca's best works post Beatles.

In Newbury at the weekend we lay on the grass listening to a lovely (****e actually, but who am I to criticise) brass band. Lo and behold, along came a small group of 'lads' one carrying vulvazayla. Naturally he had to join in and I do not know which was more amusing; the vulvazayla or the tutting from the OAP's? Cheerd me up anyway.

I really don't get the big deal.

fair enough they might be annoying if you were there in person...but it really makes very very little difference on the tele. They are part of the football culture in that part of the World, imagine if we win the World Cup 2018 bid - and then the World complained about us lot all getting ****ed up, singing, chanting, being knobheads, banging drums/stands, brass bands.

Man up World.

My sentiments exactly. No matter what colour they were to start with, they will all end up brown.

On second thoughts, there's no chance of them in the UK. 'Elf and safety' will see to that, unless the club issues us all with earplugs, of course.

Finally, something useful for them to do

These things are selling like hot cakes over here and come the new season there should be plenty of them in our grounds. What I would like to know is that if they were forcibly removed from their owners and inserted into their back passages.... would they still make the same noise ?

These things are selling like hot cakes over here and come the new season there should be plenty of them in our grounds. What I would like to know is that if they were forcibly removed from their owners and inserted into their back passages.... would they still make the same noise ?

It depends which way you insert them, and of course, whether you suck or blow. All vuvuzelas end up brown no matter what colour they started.

Just think , if we all turn the sound down to eliminate that incessant noise the tV companies could ship their commentating morons back home, early.

I dont need a commentator beside me at SMS so WTF should I be subjected to one on TV, my eyes are working perfectly well and I dont need extracts from the Football Year-books.

Sometime ago the 'Beeb' use to broadcast, via the red button, with the option of turning the commentary off while retaining the crowd noises. Alas, no more.

They still do this my friend. Used it today to avoid whoever was the annoying TV commentator, listened to 5Live commentary instead, which made "those bloody horns" *much* quieter. And they still do the "Crowd noise only" option. Mind you, it's less necessary now that John Motson has hung up his mike - the most annoying commentator apart from Clive Tyldesley. Unfortunately ITV haven't used their red button for anything useful like muting Clive Tyldesley or Peter Drury, instead you can get Coronation Street news - FFS.

- what a genius website, I shall be annoying several people with that tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...