The sick weirdos are really taking over

Saint in Paradise

Midwives in USA Can’t Say ‘Pregnant Women’, Must Say ‘Birthing Individuals’ To Avoid Offend Breastfeeding Trans Dad.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/09/29/transphobic-midwives-must-say-birthing-individuals-not-offend-breastfeeding-transgender-dad/

I didn't post this in the whats wrong with the USA thread as it's not about guns - to me it's far worse as unlike USA guns,

which stay in the USA this could very well quickly spread to the rest of the Western world.

You are idiots who believe every stupid sensationalism thrown at you. This has nothing to do with "offending transgender people".

****ing morons.

A document was altered to include everyone, which is fair enough. Nobody was told they couldn't say pregnant woman or that they have to say birthing individual and it wasn't instigated by transgender people. That's just the language they used in the book because it's easier to say a phrase that includes anyone, rather than write "women and those few people who don't fit into that group". If they are dealing with a pregnant woman, they say pregnant woman. Why are idiots so desperate to be outraged? This is how stupid facebook shares begin.

You are idiots who believe every stupid sensationalism thrown at you. This has nothing to do with "offending transgender people".

****ing morons.

A document was altered to include everyone, which is fair enough. Nobody was told they couldn't say pregnant woman or that they have to say birthing individual and it wasn't instigated by transgender people. That's just the language they used in the book because it's easier to say a phrase that includes anyone, rather than write "women and those few people who don't fit into that group". If they are dealing with a pregnant woman, they say pregnant woman. Why are idiots so desperate to be outraged? This is how stupid facebook shares begin.

Just say women.

We are in the realm of the kneejerk.

I know, but still. You can excuse or at least understand peoples fears when they arise from some complex legislation or social issue they dont understand - but to lap up some blog post as fact without bothering to simply google the organisation accused?? We havent moved that far on from lynching people because someone said they ate beef.

http://mana.org/about-midwives/childbirth-choices

****ing morons.

Great post.

Midwives in USA Can’t Say ‘Pregnant Women’, Must Say ‘Birthing Individuals’ To Avoid Offend Breastfeeding Trans Dad.

I didn't post this in the whats wrong with the USA thread as it's not about guns -.

Why didn't you post it on the "What's wrong with America" thread? I didn't see anything in that thread title that precluded discussing anything other than guns as viable subjects.

You know, I looked at this thread thinking that the OP meant that sick weirdos were taking over SWF.

Seems that I was right. All of you who fall for this nonsense and believe everything you read on Facebook, just wanting to be outraged... yes, you're all reactionary, sick weirdos.

You know, I looked at this thread thinking that the OP meant that sick weirdos were taking over SWF.

Seems that I was right. All of you who fall for this nonsense and believe everything you read on Facebook, just wanting to be outraged... yes, you're all reactionary, sick weirdos.

I always adopt that approach. I find it the safest.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/09/29/transphobic-midwives-must-say-birthing-individuals-not-offend-breastfeeding-transgender-dad/

I didn't post this in the whats wrong with the USA thread as it's not about guns - to me it's far worse as unlike USA guns,

which stay in the USA this could very well quickly spread to the rest of the Western world.

I'd much rather be offended by words than a handgun.

It was two people.

Despite the various issues that divide America (from the rest of humanity)..... I just recall that the Pilgrim Fathers set sail from Southampton almost 400 years ago, taking with them some seed corn, a few belongings .....and the English language.

In the intervening centuries, we have tried to teach successive generations of Americans... correct English usage - and failed miserably.