Can we finish higher than eighth in the 2017-18 season?

SaintJackoInHurworth

I think we should only sign good players. If we sign bad players its a waste. This is my plan for a strong club. [emoji767] Heisenberg

Cracked it. Some would still moan that they weren't the goodest

I think we should only sign good players. If we sign bad players its a waste. This is my plan for a strong club. [emoji767] Heisenberg

Cracked it. Some would still moan that they weren't the goodest

You can imagine Heisenberg as a young kid: "Are we there yet?" every 5 minutes.

You can imagine Heisenberg in the old people's care home. "Can I go home?", every five minutes.

In the meantime us lot here suffer. Does he work, as he posts an inordinate number on here.

Mind you, you could say that about Trousers and I believe he works, in London. Perhaps there are reasons for the UK's low productivity..!

You can imagine Heisenberg as a young kid: "Are we there yet?" every 5 minutes.

You can imagine Heisenberg in the old people's care home. "Can I go home?", every five minutes.

In the meantime us lot here suffer. Does he work, as he posts an inordinate number on here.

Mind you, you could say that about Trousers and I believe he works, in London. Perhaps there are reasons for the UK's low productivity..!

We can finish 8th. But we will most probably wont. Will the forwards we have score enough goals, on paper yes but am not sure.

Will the defence be solid enough, maybe if VVD stays , but that's not certain. Will midfield be solid defensively and contribute to the goal tally ? I would say most definitely NOT.

Mid table is a realistic finish.

We can finish 8th. But we will most probably wont. Will the forwards we have score enough goals, on paper yes but am not sure.

Will the defence be solid enough, maybe if VVD stays , but that's not certain. Will midfield be solid defensively and contribute to the goal tally ? I would say most definitely NOT.

I agree we can finish 8th or higher but I doubt that we will

8th or 9th is where I expect us to be with the current squad.

Stephens and Yoshida are not good enough to be regulars in a side that finishes 8th going forward, purley because you will need to break the 50 point barrier again this season to achieve top 8.

But a cup QF or SF and 8th would be a nice season as long as we hit 50 plus points and play some good football, then build on it and try to finish above Everton once they lose Lukaku and be ready to pounce on any of the top 6 should they have a bad season again.

But a cup QF or SF and 8th would be a nice season as long as we hit 50 plus points and play some good football.

It makes me laugh the lengths people are going to so that they don't have to admit that 8th & a cup final will be a good season. I've never seen anybody caveat their views of what constitutes a good season before. I'm previous years it's always been a league position, & a cup run. Never "provided we get x amount of points", or " provided we play the West Ham , sorry, Southampton way.

If you don't mind I'll stick to the old fashioned way. Top 10 & a cup final will be a bloody good season, hopefully with better football than we were served up last season. However, I'd take that,playing shiete, than a QF & a world record points total for an 9th placed finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

You know what, football is a game. Whilst it takes skill and investment, a lot of it boils down to luck and hope. I do not actually care where we finish in reality, I hope for a good season every single year, even if we get relegated, I will still follow this club, no matter what as for some silly reason, it means a lot to me. I think we have a number of players that are now settled after their first season (Pierre-E-H for example) and players on the verge of a stand-out season (Clasie). With characters in the squad (Austin) and experience (Davis) I think we have a balance of youth and intelligence that is going to push us on. I cannot get to a match realistically until 2018, but I'm going to enjoy every moment when I can. Sorry for being positive about the club, I cannot help it as I'm a card carrying happy-clapper and always will be. ;-)

8th or 9th is where I expect us to be with the current squad.

Stephens and Yoshida are not good enough to be regulars in a side that finishes 8th going forward, purley because you will need to break the 50 point barrier again this season to achieve top 8.

But a cup QF or SF and 8th would be a nice season as long as we hit 50 plus points and play some good football, then build on it and try to finish above Everton once they lose Lukaku and be ready to pounce on any of the top 6 should they have a bad season again.

They are the least of our problems player wise and did a decent job last season. Our goalkeeper, mis-firing forwards and average central midfield players are all more of an issue than playing Yoshida and Stephens at the back.

They are the least of our problems player wise and did a decent job last season. Our goalkeeper, mis-firing forwards and average central midfield players are all more of an issue than playing Yoshida and Stephens at the back.

You can tell how average our "best midfield options in the league" are, because none of them are coveted by another team. None.

The whole bunch are decidedly average at best, all very similar (slow and (except Hoj) short), and none of them can shoot. Winning combination of skills that! If the club or more importantly the new manager, don't think we need reinforcements in midfield, then we will have another season of limited goals.

Even the golden boy homegrown one of own etc JWP can't thread a killer pass in open play. For the U21's he looks good. In the pl he doesn't. Why? Time. Pl is played at a fast pace that doesn't give him the time he needs on the ball, and he is a luxury on the pitch most of the time, and he's probably our best one!

• 5 months later...