Thread: Musk not guilty

Default Musk not guilty

Amazing that decision in the US courts. Personally I will refrain from buying a Tesla in future. It wont make a jot of difference to him but every little helps.

Money talks.

Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    Amazing that decision in the US courts. Personally I will refrain from buying a Tesla in future. It wont make a jot of difference to him but every little helps.
    I'm sure there are plenty of complete helmets in the boardrooms of most major car companies, they just aren't a high profile as Musk. Not that I'm defending Musk here but $190m?! Have a day off. Perhaps if they'd demanded something less utterly insane, Musk and his lawyers may have just settled out of court.

If anyone wants to call me a nonce, the starting price is £100. I can PM you my paypal account.

At least the damage has been done to some extent as exposed his self-righteous tokenism and how he is not a nice person.

Did fantasist Jeff ever get his Tesla?

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    I'm sure there are plenty of complete helmets in the boardrooms of most major car companies, they just aren't a high profile as Musk. Not that I'm defending Musk here but $190m?! Have a day off. Perhaps if they'd demanded something less utterly insane, Musk and his lawyers may have just settled out of court.

If anyone wants to call me a nonce, the starting price is £100. I can PM you my paypal account.
    The total of claim was not a concern to me. They expect to start high and finish a lot lower of course. That said and done was a pretty bad remark by someone with influence and it was IMO totally out of order.

If you made the same slur to Musk and it was so public I expect he would put the full force of his power up against you.
    Anyway my opinion is different to yours

Pretty incredible (unanimous) decision. Highly influential individuals can now post anything they like about anybody, as long as they say it was a joke.

Blog Entries

Edit

Perhaps if the claimant hadn't been so greedy they might have settled out of court. Perhaps £10m would have made it go away?

I'm sure the principle's the driving issue, but £10m is £10m!

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    Perhaps if the claimant hadn't been so greedy they might have settled out of court. Perhaps £10m would have made it go away?

I'm sure the principle's the driving issue, but £10m is £10m!
    Indeed.

I think it is defamatory to call someone a "pedo", and simply saying "I didn't really mean it" or "we all call each other pedos where I'm from", is clearly not a defence, particularly for someone high profile and with reach, who should know better. On that basis, it seems an odd verdict.

Where "pedo guy" seems to have had trouble is in convincing the jury that he actually suffered as a result because it seems that, in fact, he tried to capitalise on the infamy/fame at the time and the size of his claim now is clearly mental and greedy.

I would have thought that guilty but with fairly modest damages would have been a better outcome. And the bloke has ****ed up by not getting a decent agent at the time to spin some more cash out of it
    Last edited by benjii; 07-12-2019 at 05:52 PM.

If he had claimed £500,000 he could have lived a very good retirement in Thailand and it would likely never have got to court

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

On what planet is it not a personal slur to call someone who rescued a bunch of children a “pedo guy?” I can only imagine that the members of the jury will be driving around in shiny new Tesla’s sometime soon.

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    On what planet is it not a personal slur to call someone who rescued a bunch of children a “pedo guy?” I can only imagine that the members of the jury will be driving around in shiny new Tesla’s sometime soon.
    Not like you to question the verdict of a jury without knowing all the details of the case.