Musk not guilty

OldNick

Amazing that decision in the US courts. Personally I will refrain from buying a Tesla in future. It wont make a jot of difference to him but every little helps.

I'm sure there are plenty of complete helmets in the boardrooms of most major car companies, they just aren't a high profile as Musk. Not that I'm defending Musk here but $190m?! Have a day off. Perhaps if they'd demanded something less utterly insane, Musk and his lawyers may have just settled out of court.

If anyone wants to call me a nonce, the starting price is £100. I can PM you my paypal account.

I'm sure there are plenty of complete helmets in the boardrooms of most major car companies, they just aren't a high profile as Musk. Not that I'm defending Musk here but $190m?! Have a day off. Perhaps if they'd demanded something less utterly insane, Musk and his lawyers may have just settled out of court.

If anyone wants to call me a nonce, the starting price is £100. I can PM you my paypal account.

The total of claim was not a concern to me. They expect to start high and finish a lot lower of course. That said and done was a pretty bad remark by someone with influence and it was IMO totally out of order.

If you made the same slur to Musk and it was so public I expect he would put the full force of his power up against you.

Anyway my opinion is different to yours

Perhaps if the claimant hadn't been so greedy they might have settled out of court. Perhaps £10m would have made it go away?

I'm sure the principle's the driving issue, but £10m is £10m!

Indeed.

I think it is defamatory to call someone a "pedo", and simply saying "I didn't really mean it" or "we all call each other pedos where I'm from", is clearly not a defence, particularly for someone high profile and with reach, who should know better. On that basis, it seems an odd verdict.

Where "pedo guy" seems to have had trouble is in convincing the jury that he actually suffered as a result because it seems that, in fact, he tried to capitalise on the infamy/fame at the time and the size of his claim now is clearly mental and greedy.

I would have thought that guilty but with fairly modest damages would have been a better outcome. And the bloke has ****ed up by not getting a decent agent at the time to spin some more cash out of it

Edited by benjii

On what planet is it not a personal slur to call someone who rescued a bunch of children a “pedo guy?” I can only imagine that the members of the jury will be driving around in shiny new Tesla’s sometime soon.
Not like you to question the verdict of a jury without knowing all the details of the case.