Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: The "you just knew" brigade.

  1. Default The "you just knew" brigade.

    All those posters who "just knew" that once Wolves got their first yesterday they would go on and win......do you suppose they remember that they "just knew" we wouldn't hold on to a single goal lead late on against Watford and Norwich; that once Grealish got one back we would collapse against Villa; that that skate Mason Mount was going to score at Stamford Bridge; that Harry Kane would get his obligatory goal or that Vardy or Maddison (probably both) would deny us late on at Leicester. Or do you think that maybe they are completely lacking in any self-awareness? Asking for a friend....

  2. Default

    I just knew you would post that.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tisspahars View Post
    All those posters who "just knew" that once Wolves got their first yesterday they would go on and win......do you suppose they remember that they "just knew" we wouldn't hold on to a single goal lead late on against Watford and Norwich; that once Grealish got one back we would collapse against Villa; that that skate Mason Mount was going to score at Stamford Bridge; that Harry Kane would get his obligatory goal or that Vardy or Maddison (probably both) would deny us late on at Leicester. Or do you think that maybe they are completely lacking in any self-awareness? Asking for a friend....
    TBH mate its what they want to happen, sadly

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    22,737

    Default

    Typical *insert any club name* to blow a 2 goal lead though.

  5. #5

    Default

    You’re only highlighting situations from this season. In fact, you’re only using examples from the last couple of months.

    Why omit the amount of leads we’ve blown over the past few seasons? They’ve happened more often than not.

    In fact, surely most fans over a certain age are used to us blowing leads? We’re Saints.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie May View Post
    You’re only highlighting situations from this season. In fact, you’re only using examples from the last couple of months.

    Why omit the amount of leads we’ve blown over the past few seasons? They’ve happened more often than not.

    In fact, surely most fans over a certain age are used to us blowing leads? We’re Saints.
    Some infamous collapses:

    Chelsea at home 2-0 to 3-2 (2018 )
    Leeds at home 3-0 to 3-4 (Championship)
    Villa at home 2-0 to 3-2 (the relegation year 2005)
    M'boro 2-0 to 2-2 (after the 89th minute - 2004)
    Spurs at The Dell 2-0 , to 2-5or 6 (FA Cup replay 1994 from recollection)
    Spurs at The Dell 3-0 at HT to 3-3 (and Spurs hitting the post in injury time) 1979
    Bolton 3-0 to 3-3 FA Cup 1974

    Lets not mention Tranmere.

    I suspect many Saints fans are still traumatised by some of the above fixtures.

    Of course there have been some good recoveries also, 3-3 v Liverpool at The Dell, and 3-2 v them at St Mary's, 3-2 v MK Dons, and didn't we draw v Forest (after being three down)in our Cup run of 1961 before thrashing them at White Hart Lane in a replay ? (Not old enough to remember it though).

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newton Abbot
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Some infamous collapses:

    Chelsea at home 2-0 to 3-2 (2018 )
    Leeds at home 3-0 to 3-4 (Championship)
    Villa at home 2-0 to 3-2 (the relegation year 2005)
    M'boro 2-0 to 2-2 (after the 89th minute - 2004)
    Spurs at The Dell 2-0 , to 2-5or 6 (FA Cup replay 1994 from recollection)
    Spurs at The Dell 3-0 at HT to 3-3 (and Spurs hitting the post in injury time) 1979
    Bolton 3-0 to 3-3 FA Cup 1974

    Lets not mention Tranmere.

    I suspect many Saints fans are still traumatised by some of the above fixtures.

    Of course there have been some good recoveries also, 3-3 v Liverpool at The Dell, and 3-2 v them at St Mary's, 3-2 v MK Dons, and didn't we draw v Forest (after being three down)in our Cup run of 1961 before thrashing them at White Hart Lane in a replay ? (Not old enough to remember it though).
    You missed Watford, League Cup. Won 4-0 at home, lost 7-1 in the second leg. We celebrated at 5-1 when the whistle went at 90 mins, then realised that away goals didn't count and we conceded 2 more in ET.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  8. #8

    Default

    Last 4 seasons we are the premier league Kings at dropping points from winning positions

    if you guys are stupid enough to watch it and cry about it over and over and still do nothing to benefit than your quite frankly idiots

    ive made thousands betting against us this last 3-4 seasons. We have won just 25% of our games since Koeman left. Time for a few to wake up.

    Insurance bets are the absolute nuts

  9. #9

    Default

    Glasgow own goal incoming...

  10. Default

    Textbook

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    8,475

    Default

    The 'just knew' parade were correct though, right?

    Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Some are so full of bull and lies, don't fall for the fools crap

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tisspahars View Post
    All those posters who "just knew" that once Wolves got their first yesterday they would go on and win......do you suppose they remember that they "just knew" we wouldn't hold on to a single goal lead late on against Watford and Norwich; that once Grealish got one back we would collapse against Villa; that that skate Mason Mount was going to score at Stamford Bridge; that Harry Kane would get his obligatory goal or that Vardy or Maddison (probably both) would deny us late on at Leicester. Or do you think that maybe they are completely lacking in any self-awareness? Asking for a friend....
    Yeah the "just knew" brigade. Infuriating.

  14. Default

    Although I didn't realise it at the time I must have subconsciously thought they'd turn it around at half time as I checked out their odds to win the game. Kicking myself for not putting anything on now.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  15. Default

    "Just know" we'll regret not putting it to bed in the 1st half was very popular last night....

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    8,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tisspahars View Post
    "Just know" we'll regret not putting it to bed in the 1st half was very popular last night....
    But we did put it to bed shortly after half time - the second goal was always going to be crucial. After that, it was never in doubt.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Wiltshire
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    But we did put it to bed shortly after half time - the second goal was always going to be crucial. After that, it was never in doubt.
    "Never in doubt"? A two goal lead is never never in doubt (excellent double negative there!)

    No need to cite Saints as the only example. What happened to Everton last night?

    Being 2 up at 90+4 mins, a win would surely be "not in doubt"...? Nope!!

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Leslie Tiller was f**king murdered!
    Posts
    11,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony F View Post
    "Never in doubt"? A two goal lead is never never in doubt (excellent double negative there!)

    No need to cite Saints as the only example. What happened to Everton last night?

    Being 2 up at 90+4 mins, a win would surely be "not in doubt"...? Nope!!
    Reading through their forum, some chap called Scousenberg put £50 on a draw at 90+3 mins.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    8,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony F View Post
    "Never in doubt"? A two goal lead is never never in doubt (excellent double negative there!)

    No need to cite Saints as the only example. What happened to Everton last night?

    Being 2 up at 90+4 mins, a win would surely be "not in doubt"...? Nope!!
    Yep, I know, what I meant was, as I was watching I was confident that we would win the game (and comfortably). Whereas in the Wolves game, as soon as they scored, I feared the worse - and the worse happened.

    It's all about 'how' we are playing I guess, can't explain it, but there you go, never expected us to lose last night after the second went in.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •