Someone tell me...

Legod Second Coming

What the FECK is a PLAN B??

Seriously.

Is it a diet or something??

Or is it making substiutions and changing the shape of the team??

And if it's the latter, isn't that called 'football management'??

My view??

Some media tart started talking about Sven not having a 'Plan B' next thing you know it's a football convention. Like losing in a cup is good because you can concentrate on the league...

Surely if a manager has 14 players he can use, and at least 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-3-3 then there's no such thing as a Plan B, simply a change of tactics to match the circumstances, or a change of personnel?? And didn't our manager make three changes of personnel today? Thus demonstrating that he could see things were not working and tried to change them.

Or are we saying that our approach is PLAN A and that we need an alternative to 'total football'? Because isn't that a contradiction in terms since total footbal means exactly that.

I would tend to agree with that - we dont need a plan B. We need a plan B, D, E, F, G etc. We have to be able to change and adapt to lots of things that happen in games. Therefore I agree it's more a case of being able to change the tactics - not just switching from one system of play to another.

I would tend to agree with that - we dont need a plan B. We need a plan B, D, E, F, G etc. We have to be able to change and adapt to lots of things that happen in games. Therefore I agree it's more a case of being able to change the tactics - not just switching from one system of play to another.

Which is the total football ethos our manager is attempting to teach, right? Or did I wake up and find Burley in charge again... ;)

Certain posters on this forum were starting threads titled "what's our plan B" after(and correct me if I'm wrong, Alpine) two games.

But don't you just think if we had activated a plan "B" after two games, can you imagine the reaction of our favourite forum contributer?

Would it be trebles all round, and well done chaps for being so decisive?

Or, would it be "what are these idiots doing, it's a disgrace, they are spineless, clueless etc etc etc rant rant rant rant rant rant rant".

No prizes for that one.

We got spanked today, although we were okay in the first half.

In contrast, having been at Derby last week, we weren't actually that good in the first half but we really turned it on in the second.

The challenge really is conviction. I've seen three games this season, two live (Brum defeat) and one on the telly, and it is conviction we've lacked when we've struggled.

Conviction to take chances, conviction to fashion real threatening chances.

The problem this season is that clubs at our level can cope (or quickly learn to cope) with tip tappy pretty football. The opposition is going to think: You want to pass it about between the two penalty boxes? Fill your boots, chaps.

We need that harder edge to convert possession into goals and wins.

Funnily enough it looks like JP has seen this and lets hope he addresses it.

LGSC - your observation on the match thread about this is the first game the team were expecting to win I thought was bang on. Suddenly the challenge of "come on, lets prove them all wrong" that has driven them through their first few games has turned into "they think we're going to win this".

When you discover you can do something really well, remembering how you did it and doing it again is just as much of a challenge.

Over these first six games, we have made a brilliant start. Brilliant. And I say that as someone that spat blood on the day JP was appointed.

Let's see where this adventure is going to take us next, and cut the whining....

I hope CB you are right and that perhaps (although I did not partake and was a bit surprised/chessed off) the booing at the end of the game might help.

It will perhaps remind our players that if they want smoke blown up their arse, they have to remember that the good football still needs hard work as well.

I was pleased to see some rash challenges today and I think, when you say 'brilliant', for me this is a major plus on this team versus last season's. Although we do try to play good, quick feet, football, we also (until much of today) were good at harrying, pressurising and working the midfield.

I think we could all see he players' own frustrations today that for some reason it just wasn't coming off. Almost like they were thinking 'hang on, we're supposed to be better than you at this?'

Blackpool didn't remote bully us, they simply played the better football - albeit with some woeful passing early on. At one point I thought they'd mistaken the stewards for their wingers...

Going back to under-dogs and being under-estimated is what we need. Right now, we don't have the mentality to go into every game as favourites. That comes with time and lessons like today!

Blackpool didn't remote bully us, they simply played the better football -

Sorry, sir, can't agree - I think there was a fair bit of physicality out there that the ref just didn't - or wouldn't - pick up on. Including the shove on McG.

And what was the gentlemen's disagreement between the two Blackpool players near the beginning? Was that just a ploy?

Certain posters on this forum were starting threads titled "what's our plan B" after(and correct me if I'm wrong, Alpine) two games.

But don't you just think if we had activated a plan "B" after two games, can you imagine the reaction of our favourite forum contributer?

Or, would it be "what are these idiots doing, it's a disgrace, they are spineless, clueless etc etc etc rant rant rant rant rant rant rant".

No prizes for that one.

In contrast, having been at Derby last week, we weren't actually that good in the first half but we really turned it on in the second.

The challenge really is conviction. I've seen three games this season, two live (Brum defeat) and one on the telly, and it is conviction we've lacked when we've struggled.

The problem this season is that clubs at our level can cope (or quickly learn to cope) with tip tappy pretty football. The opposition is going to think: You want to pass it about between the two penalty boxes? Fill your boots, chaps.

LGSC - your observation on the match thread about this is the first game the team were expecting to win I thought was bang on. Suddenly the challenge of "come on, lets prove them all wrong" that has driven them through their first few games has turned into "they think we're going to win this".

When you discover you can do something really well, remembering how you did it and doing it again is just as much of a challenge.

Over these first six games, we have made a brilliant start. Brilliant. And I say that as someone that spat blood on the day JP was appointed.

Let's see where this adventure is going to take us next, and cut the whining....

There is a difference in Plan B for a match against a certain, and Plan B for the club if Lowe's latest turn of the dice fails.

Sorry, sir, can't agree - I think there was a fair bit of physicality out there that the ref just didn't - or wouldn't - pick up on. Including the shove on McG.

And what was the gentlemen's disagreement between the two Blackpool players near the beginning? Was that just a ploy?

Check the yellow card stats - we dished out plenty. And rightly so... ;)

Check the yellow card stats - we dished out plenty. And rightly so... ;)

Well, yes, but they don't tell the whole story, do they?:rolleyes:

Whereas I have no doubt that the replays show our players were rightly booked, there was something of a double standard operating.

All that being said, I'm proud (and glad) that our boys didn't resort to the Italia Conti method of winning free kicks.

Well, yes, but they don't tell the whole story, do they?:rolleyes:

Whereas I have no doubt that the replays show our players were rightly booked, there was something of a double standard operating.

All that being said, I'm proud (and glad) that our boys didn't resort to the Italia Conti method of winning free kicks.

Ahh, you didn't catch Surman in front of the Kingsland then... Tom Daley eat your heart out!!! lol ;) Although on the whole I agree, some of their antics were shocking - or they simply had to work so hard to beat us they wore out!!

No prizes for that one.

Realistic summing up.

Plan B is a meaningless buzzword.

Usually i'd agree with and to some extent that is true but for Saints i think that it genuinely IS the problem.

I'm very very sceptical at the moment of the 4-3-3 system. Not only does our centre-forward become very isolated all too often but we struggle to keep our shape, especially when time is running out and we need a goal. We need to become adept at playing 4-4-2 as well as the main 4-3-3.

The 4-3-3 relies on players bombing forward from midfield in support of an attack and a strong target man who has enough presence and can handle himself all alone up front - Chelsea are a good example of this. Drogba as the front man with players like Lampard, Essien and Deco in the midfield.

Today we really had neither and that caused problems. Players didn't know what their jobs were and what they were supposed to be doing. The defensive midfielders gave us very little in support of the attackers or in protection of the back 4 and we ended up with nothing up front because of the lack of off the ball movement from the wingers and McGoldrick having to drop back to get the ball - leaving us with a 4-6-0 mishmash as opposed to a 4-2-1-2-1 like its supposed to be. The same thing happened in the Brum game in the 2nd half - we're struggling with this formation at times.

Usually i'd agree with and to some extent that is true but for Saints i think that it genuinely IS the problem.

I'm very very sceptical at the moment of the 4-3-3 system. Not only does our centre-forward become very isolated all too often but we struggle to keep our shape, especially when time is running out and we need a goal. We need to become adept at playing 4-4-2 as well as the main 4-3-3.

The 4-3-3 relies on players bombing forward from midfield in support of an attack and a strong target man who has enough presence and can handle himself all alone up front - Chelsea are a good example of this. Drogba as the front man with players like Lampard, Essien and Deco in the midfield.

Today we really had neither and that caused problems. Players didn't know what their jobs were and what they were supposed to be doing. The defensive midfielders gave us very little in support of the attackers or in protection of the back 4 and we ended up with nothing up front because of the lack of off the ball movement from the wingers and McGoldrick having to drop back to get the ball - leaving us with a 4-6-0 mishmash as opposed to a 4-2-1-2-1 like its supposed to be. The same thing happened in the Brum game in the 2nd half - we're struggling with this formation at times.

I don't disagree. But I think the idea is that the players have played it six times and it's worked three times. If you panned that out across the season, it would do for me!

The difference between us executing it and Chelsea is £400million.

We just need, in my view, to be patient while the lads learn the system inside out.

We were badly let down today by the 1 in the middle not being on his game - but he's had some fantastic games so he's entitled to the odd shocker.

I would give it a good couple of months before a rethink - although I'm sure our season will be over by then so at least the pressure will be off... ;)

I think the alleged formation is a myth, it is more important for the team to maintain shape and contact, defend in depth, and attack using the width. When the ball is lost quickly get back and pressure the ball.

Today in the first half Jamie White gave us no width, coming inside all the time, giving no outlet for the midfield. At one stage when there was a Holmes cross which beat everybody he was on the near post with McGoldrick and Lallana instead of at the back corner of the box. I thought before half time that they had to take him off.

I think the alleged formation is a myth, it is more important for the team to maintain shape and contact, defend in depth, and attack using the width. When the ball is lost quickly get back and pressure the ball.

Today in the first half Jamie White gave us no width, coming inside all the time, giving no outlet for the midfield. At one stage when there was a Holmes cross which beat everybody he was on the near post with McGoldrick and Lallana instead of at the back corner of the box. I thought before half time that they had to take him off.

Would have been a bloody tap in too!! Best cross of the game. That Holmes has good a good left foot I reckon.

Agree we should leave Plan C well alone, it's ****.

Surely this is just semantics. Yes, Plan B probaly is a buzz word but it doesn`t alter the fact that if the passing game (Total Football?) that we have played successfully in both pre-season and in league games doesn`t come off, as it didn`t today, there does not appear to be an effective alternative other than the long ball that we reverted to out of desperation at times today.

I just didn't think the players performed to the plan today. There was some of the passing game, but there was also a lot of long ball at times, and a lot of running with the ball, which at times JP seemed to get frustrated about. Whether it was the system, I don't know, but most attempts on goal seemed to be through a crowded goal mouth, so when we were attacking it must have been in a way that allowed Blackpool time to get everyone back. I have no idea how you solve that, but JP and Woote will knoiw what needs to be done, the question is, can they get the players to do it, or are some of them (White) not quite ready yet?

It was interesting that the substitutions were all about taking off young players and bringing on age (Wotton / John) or experience (Dyer). Though still young, Dyer is certainly experienced, and he did try to make a difference.

Surely this is just semantics. Yes, Plan B probaly is a buzz word but it doesn`t alter the fact that if the passing game (Total Football?) that we have played successfully in both pre-season and in league games doesn`t come off, as it didn`t today, there does not appear to be an effective alternative other than the long ball that we reverted to out of desperation at times today.

Then MoG. Tell me. What IS the alternative to a passing game??

I am genuinely struggling with this.

If a player in any system looks up and passes to an opponent, what is the new plan??

Take him off, I guess.

So what if eight are doing it??

Seriously?

Let's not over-complicate football. It is such a simple game.

Why do you think our passing game did not come off? Because Blackpool 'worked it out' - they sat in the dressing room and studied our approach which is to pass in a bloke wearing the same shirt??

So, they thought. Aha. Let's press and harry, put them under pressure and then instead of passing they will give the ball to us.

Which we did. So what should we do?

Then MoG. Tell me. What IS the alternative to a passing game??

I am genuinely struggling with this.

If a player in any system looks up and passes to an opponent, what is the new plan??

Take him off, I guess.

So what if eight are doing it??

Seriously?

Let's not over-complicate football. It is such a simple game.

Why do you think our passing game did not come off? Because Blackpool 'worked it out' - they sat in the dressing room and studied our approach which is to pass in a bloke wearing the same shirt??

So, they thought. Aha. Let's press and harry, put them under pressure and then instead of passing they will give the ball to us.

Which we did. So what should we do?

I am not a Football manager. I am a manager in another industry. If I plan to do something and it doesn`t work then I have to find an alternative way to achieve success. All I am saying is that our game plan is to out pass our opponents. If this doesn`t work then there has to be a different effective approach. ATM if the passing game is ineffective for whatever reason (Kids too tired, Blackpool brilliant -I don`t know) then there has to be an ability to change the style and emphesis. What that change of style is is down to JP not me. I`m not sure why this is difficult to understand.

I am not a Football manager. I am a manager in another industry. If I plan to do something and it doesn`t work then I have to find an alternative way to achieve success. All I am saying is that our game plan is to out pass our opponents. If this doesn`t work then there has to be a different effective approach. ATM if the passing game is ineffective for whatever reason (Kids too tired, Blackpool brilliant -I don`t know) then there has to be an ability to change the style and emphesis. What that change of style is is down to JP not me. I`m not sure why this is difficult to understand.

LOL, what a kop out.

In your 'industry' do you not train people how to do something? And then monitor their performance and tell them where and how to improve??

Or do you send the secretary off to make a cup of tea and when she comes back with it too weak, send her back to make it with a broom, two paper clips and a manilla folder...

Two choices my friend:

1. You show her how to make it and keep going until she does a good job.

2. Fire her and get someone in who can make it, ideally with bigger knockers.

Does no-one in your office ever feck-up - ever? Cos that's what I would call today 'a bad day at the office'. But then, I'm positive about the new set-up because today was the first time I've seen it not work, so maybe my cup of tea is still half full ;)

I agree. I think that even if we taught the kids to play so-called total football so that it was second nature, rival managers would figure out a spoiling strategy to defeat it. In the same way, there are teams we play who have a particular style of play and strategy that we need to address and it is not necessarily the case that we will always prevail against those teams by playing "total" football. I will be very interested to see whether Jan figures out a strategy to beat the teams like Blackpool when we next encounter them and on that will depend where we finish up this season.

Absolutely agree LeGod. Alternative to a passing game? There is none.

You simply have to do it well enough . . . and today, all round the pitch, we didn't !

But with a team this young/inexperienced, it's simply going to happen every so often.

So there is no game whereby the ball is hoofed up from the back, over the midfield for fast strikers to run on to? Sorry, I must have dreamt seeing that type of play used effectively by some teams who it suited.

I agree. I think that even if we taught the kids to play so-called total football so that it was second nature, rival managers would figure out a spoiling strategy to defeat it. In the same way, there are teams we play who have a particular style of play and strategy that we need to address and it is not necessarily the case that we will always prevail against those teams by playing "total" football. I will be very interested to see whether Jan figures out a strategy to beat the teams like Blackpool when we next encounter them and on that will depend where we finish up this season.

If we could have the same relative success as Arsenal who must be the closest comparison in style I would settle for that.

They lose at Bolton three years in four. Who gives a sh!t??

There are more teams in this league playing football than not. And, again, I think it shows a slight lack of respect for Blackpool to suggest they came and put ten men behind the ball or somehow muscled us out.

Their first-half football was pacey, counter-attacking stuff and if Hammil could stand up and the black fella could finish a ham sandwich they could have been 4-0 up at one point!!

Either I am watching different football matches to some people or we were just very poor at our game today. Just like Arsenal were last week. It didn't stop them burying Newcastle tonight and I'm having a sly tenner on us bouncing back at Loftus Road in a similar vein...

So there is no game whereby the ball is hoofed up from the back, over the midfield for fast strikers to run on to? Sorry, I must have dreamt seeing that type of play used effectively by some teams who it suited.

Not what I meant. Whether you go short or long, you have to be able to pass the ball - and today, after half time, we did not (total football ethos or otherwise).

For what it's worth, I suspect we agree on long ball football - it has its place for some teams now and again?

If we could have the same relative success as Arsenal who must be the closest comparison in style I would settle for that.

They lose at Bolton three years in four. Who gives a sh!t??

There are more teams in this league playing football than not. And, again, I think it shows a slight lack of respect for Blackpool to suggest they came and put ten men behind the ball or somehow muscled us out.

Their first-half football was pacey, counter-attacking stuff and if Hammil could stand up and the black fella could finish a ham sandwich they could have been 4-0 up at one point!!

Either I am watching different football matches to some people or we were just very poor at our game today. Just like Arsenal were last week. It didn't stop them burying Newcastle tonight and I'm having a sly tenner on us bouncing back at Loftus Road in a similar vein...

Still pretty much with you on this one, although I honestly Blackpool were very ordinary in many respects. We were just poor all across the team today.

As to QPR? . . . . . who knows? Suspect they'll give us more room to play?

Not what I meant. Whether you go short or long, you have to be able to pass the ball - and today, after half time, we did not (total football ethos or otherwise).

For what it's worth, I suspect we agree on long ball football - it has its place for some teams now and again?

I suspected that what you inferred was that a passing game was the only real style of football that we ought to be playing and I agree with that. I also agree that there are some teams who can also play a long ball game sometimes because either it suits their players strengths, but also that it overcomes the rivals midfield, which otherwise might have more strength and possession if allowed to function. I admire the managers who have the tactical ability to have studied their rivals pre-match and assess how to outmanouevre them.

As far as our game against Blackpool went, it was either a case of us being tired, or them out thinking us because of a game plan devised by their manager which they implimented successfully. As I say, depending on how we are able to cope with the many similar teams in this division will determine JPs credentials. He will not have been used to it before he came here, so let's see if he can adjust to it. If he cannot, then others will suss us out by taking the examples of how we were defeated and the season will not be a good one. If JP can figure out different strategies for different situations, then we could do quite well.

I suspected that what you inferred was that a passing game was the only real style of football that we ought to be playing and I agree with that. I also agree that there are some teams who can also play a long ball game sometimes because either it suits their players strengths, but also that it overcomes the rivals midfield, which otherwise might have more strength and possession if allowed to function. I admire the managers who have the tactical ability to have studied their rivals pre-match and assess how to outmanouevre them.

As far as our game against Blackpool went, it was either a case of us being tired, or them out thinking us because of a game plan devised by their manager which they implimented successfully. As I say, depending on how we are able to cope with the many similar teams in this division will determine JPs credentials. He will not have been used to it before he came here, so let's see if he can adjust to it. If he cannot, then others will suss us out by taking the examples of how we were defeated and the season will not be a good one. If JP can figure out different strategies for different situations, then we could do quite well.

I think you give them too much credit. If I'm wearing a red and white shirt but pass the ball to you wearing an orange one, is that your game plan??

If players/the team fail in what they are doing in a game that,s ok by me. What is annoying is when they fail time and time again trying the same thing ie what is the point in playing the pretty,passing game if most of those passes are sideways or backwards ? The reult is the opposition has time to get everyone back in defence which results in no end product.

If players/the team fail in what they are doing in a game that,s ok by me. What is annoying is when they fail time and time again trying the same thing ie what is the point in playing the pretty,passing game if most of those passes are sideways or backwards ? The reult is the opposition has time to get everyone back in defence which results in no end product.

No running from midfield or the backs was there yesterday?? That's what looked so ugly. If the ball had been passed into space in front of the players more we could have injected the pace that was so badly needed. Too many times players looked up, and hit an easy ball but BEHIND the player. Slowed us down to walking pace and for a horrible moment reminded me of how we played under GB... sent shivers down me spine it did.

i think the formation was bad yesterday and it didnn't seem as if it was a 4-3-3 and mcgoldrick struggled to link up with anyone up front , also i thought gillett was poor yet again! also bwp deserves a chance ffs he has been forgotten , white is just not ready! same for lloyd james i think , poortvliet has gone youth crazy and people like wotton should be starting . you need more experience in this division , get surman in midfield otherwise his talent is wasted , maybe put gillett at left back, where he orginally played in the youth! we need more stability at the back so changes need to be made and the midfield needs to push forward more

I dont know about Jan's plan B, but I do know that every Manager in the league will look at Blackpool's performance, whether through their scouting network or watching the DVD and take things from it. Unless we start to defend long balls better, I've never seen a forward line win so many high balls as yesterday, we're going to get punished week in week out.

I just hope we're not "throwing the baby out with the bathwater" regarding this youth policy, because if there's older players at the Club Monday, they need to be considered. You can not tell me Euall would have given the ball away as much as Gillet..

Kelvin did it in the last 20 mins, bombing balls into a penalty area occupied by close on 21 player and every time it gave the ball to Blackpool.

We were beaten by a penalty, so BPL caused us problems, so what, close calls at times, but disallowed goals for fouling the goalkeper and offside don't count. Davis made some saves, that's what he is there for.

One of the things JP said, was, we didn't pressurise the ball like we did in the other games, he put that down to tiredness.

White yesterday was totally ineffective and by coming inside all the time stopped us from passing wide right. The surprise for me was he wasn't taken off sooner.

I think they expected to win yesterday, that caused them to take their foot off the pedal. A lesson hopefully learnt. I bet they wil be giving it a go again v QPR.

I expect Pekart to give them an alternative with McGoldrick behind and Lallana wide right. IMO he will find a place for Cork in midfield or fullback.

I dont know about Jan's plan B, but I do know that every Manager in the league will look at Blackpool's performance, whether through their scouting network or watching the DVD and take things from it. Unless we start to defend long balls better, I've never seen a forward line win so many high balls as yesterday, we're going to get punished week in week out.

I just hope we're not "throwing the baby out with the bathwater" regarding this youth policy, because if there's older players at the Club Monday, they need to be considered. You can not tell me Euall would have given the ball away as much as Gillet..

Don't talk about Euell passing the ball, all last season he was just about the worst passer, apart from Viafara.

Kelvin did it in the last 20 mins, bombing balls into a penalty area occupied by close on 21 player and every time it gave the ball to Blackpool.

We were beaten by a penalty, so BPL caused us problems, so what, close calls at times, but disallowed goals for fouling the goalkeper and offside don't count. Davis made some saves, that's what he is there for.

One of the things JP said, was, we didn't pressurise the ball like we did in the other games, he put that down to tiredness.

White yesterday was totally ineffective and by coming inside all the time stopped us from passing wide right. The surprise for me was he wasn't taken off sooner.

I think they expected to win yesterday, that caused them to take their foot off the pedal. A lesson hopefully learnt. I bet they wil be giving it a go again v QPR.

I expect Pekart to give them an alternative with McGoldrick behind and Lallana wide right. IMO he will find a place for Cork in midfield or fullback.

the very fact there was three of these, each being a very close call and they also hit the post does reflect how bad we were at the back and deserved the defeat IMO

Aye DD, I agree. While it was close it could have been 1-4, 2-3, 1-5... we were poor at the back.

poor...alarmingly pathetic...it was all last ditch, EVERYTHING....apart from perry, the whole back four were shocking...

saying that, the centre midfielders in front of the back for were non existant, which is a major part of the defence too...

the lack of pace at the back was very alarming....I have no idea if cork has any pace, but if he does, he has to play

poor...alarmingly pathetic...it was all last ditch, EVERYTHING....apart from perry, the whole back four were shocking...

saying that, the centre midfielders in front of the back for were non existant, which is a major part of the defence too...

the lack of pace at the back was very alarming....I have no idea if cork has any pace, but if he does, he has to play

I don't disagree, but this was not the same team who played the previous three games. Against Birmingham (twice) there was real, proper link-up play between the back and midfield - that was gone yesterday.

I don't disagree, but this was not the same team who played the previous three games. Against Birmingham (twice) there was real, proper link-up play between the back and midfield - that was gone yesterday.

of course, this will happen..and im sure it will happen again..im also sure we will hammer a team or two at SMS....like i have always said...a top 10 finish would be a good season but anything from 15th up wards is realistic..

I thought James did pretty well as did Perry. Svensson was shocking!

James got no support from White in the first half and the general play just wasn't there.

It will be interesting to see hwo the team react to this.........it's the first real setback since pre-season and hopefully JP and co will elarn and we'll come back stronger.

In the same way we weren't world beaters after beating Derby we're not rubbish after losing to Blackpool. I think too many people are doing Blackpool a disservice...........they played well and, certainly in the 2nd half, outplayed us with sharp, passing incisive football. In short, what we did to Derby last week.

Perfect common sense, to most of us.

of course, this will happen..and im sure it will happen again..im also sure we will hammer a team or two at SMS....like i have always said...a top 10 finish would be a good season but anything from 15th up wards is realistic..

I think they'll be better than that. They'll learn a lot from yesterday about mental approach and the manager has that air of calm authority about him. Spot on with his analysis yesterday and no doubt working on it this morning. And this from a bloke who was insensed when we sacked NP!!!

LOL, what a kop out.

In your 'industry' do you not train people how to do something? And then monitor their performance and tell them where and how to improve??

Or do you send the secretary off to make a cup of tea and when she comes back with it too weak, send her back to make it with a broom, two paper clips and a manilla folder...

Two choices my friend:

1. You show her how to make it and keep going until she does a good job.

2. Fire her and get someone in who can make it, ideally with bigger knockers.

Does no-one in your office ever feck-up - ever? Cos that's what I would call today 'a bad day at the office'. But then, I'm positive about the new set-up because today was the first time I've seen it not work, so maybe my cup of tea is still half full ;)

Unfortunately I work in an industry were I have no direct employees under me- all sub-contract. I manage multi-million pound contracts with a work-force that is only interested in themselves, but it`s that gets the credit/takes the blame at the end. I have to make sure that the job is a success by any means available. If it does not work one way I have to find a viable way of doing it (Plan B). JP has to do the same. If the passing game does not work then has to change things during games to get 3 points. ATM I don` think that he can.

I'm not a big fan of our 'system' becaise it lonly allows for one striker, you definitely need 2. Even 3-5-2 would be better than one striker, leaves the lone striker isolated. Stern is a great hold up player and would be more effective with a striker playong off him, even if it is McGoldrick....

Unbelievable the air of negativity. What is there to reflect on? A team who played some great football for 44mins and the against the run of play gave away a penalty at the worse possible time. They then came out and in my view tried too hard to make amends and started to get a bit to fancy especially McGoldrick and failed to use Holmes enough. JP made one error with bringing on Dyer when we should have brought on Cork for Gillet and moved Surman into midfield, still Burley never got a sub right despite his 16 years of success? Their inexperience beat them yesterday not their potential and the only thing this team needs is actually time to gel and how often have we heard that term applied to a team of experienced individuals?

If you want to point a finger then Gillet had a poor game and showed signs of over-confidence but hardly surprising given the time he has waited for his opportunity and how well he has played so far this season. A quiet word from his manager will suffice unlike boos from the crowd and manic arm waving and screaming at incomplete passes etc, from our so called supporters.

Wilde was stupid to suggest in yesterday's programme that our target should be the playoffs. IMO our target was never more than to keep the bailiffs from the door and improve on our finishing position last year. To be fair to Wilde in his next sentence he said we should keep our feet planted firmly on the floor and not get carried away with unrealistic expectations which of course he is correct so how he feels that correlates with an unrealistic target of a play-off place I'm not sure but it was bordering on the level of ****e Crouch was spinning last season.

I have seen enough to suggest that this team can consolidate it's position in the CCC which given where we were 5 months ago would be a god send.

In terms of contributions from Skacel and Euell then the best they could do would ask the club to release them from their contracts so we could make good use of the 30k a week this would give us. Its in part thanks to players of their ilk we got into this mess in the first place yet we happy to give them time to gel although not players more skillful and with a 100% more hunger and just less experience with.

It appears a lot of our fans need to use the international break to reassess their own mind-numbing contribution to the cause not anyone working at the club. Where were the missing 15,000 yesterday from the Sheff Utd game. Only happy to come along when there is an opportunity to witness the club's complete demise and really give you something to moan about I presume. I hope it doesn't come to it but it says a lot for our community when the fans only come out when its nearly too late or otherwise hide away and spout their negative bile towards a bunch of talented youngsters trying to build a future for this club and for you as fans.