Diarrasouba Viera

CabbageFace

How many loanees can we have & have we got?

Loans from other countries (Ie, Europe) do not count as loans.

City benefit from Lup-oli hole

DAVID CUFFLEY, EVENING NEWS SPORT

03 September 2008 09:47

The Canaries can include up to seven of their current loan players in their squad of 16 for Championship matches - because two of them are not technically loan signings.

Monday's pre-deadline capture of Antoine Sibierski, from Wigan, and Jonathan Grounds, from Middlesbrough, took manager Glenn Roeder's temporary signings up to eight this season.

Under Football League rules, a club can name only five loan players in the 16 on the teamsheet, but that does not mean three of City's borrowed brigade are obliged to sit kicking their heels on the sidelines at each game.

That's because striker Arturo Lupoli and defender John Kennedy, who came from clubs in Italy and Scotland, respectively, could not be signed on conventional loan deals.

Players recruited from overseas, or from clubs in Scotland and Northern Ireland - as well as Welsh clubs not in the Football League - are regarded as cross-border signings.

“The Football League does not recognise cross-border loans,” explained City secretary Kevan Platt. “The player has to sign a professional contract with the club as opposed to a loan deal. Technically they are not in the loan quota.”

Under that arrangement, a player has to cancel his registration with his own club and sign a contract with the new club. A clause is included in the contract stating he will return to his original club at the end of the “loan” period.

It means that for the rest of the season, Lupoli, signed from Fiorentina, is technically a Norwich player - as is Kennedy, from Celtic, until January 1.

The regulations work in Norwich's favour as Roeder can include these two, plus five of his six orthodox loan signings, in his 16 for matches.

City's loan list is completed by Ryan Bertrand, Elliot Omozusi, Omar Koroma and Troy Archibald-Henville.

From Norwich Paper, so i guess would be the same for us?

I hate to say this, but trying to pronounce his first name and having just seen the Lowe Vindalood thread would this not have been a more appropriate morning after ending to that.

Of course, this story may not be full of ***t but it seems a bit sort short on substance - kind of a bit runny to me

I hate to say this, but trying to pronounce his first name and having just seen the Lowe Vindalood thread would this not have been a more appropriate morning after ending to that.

Of course, this story may not be full of ***t but it seems a bit sort short on substance - kind of a bit runny to me

He's EX-LAXio too but started his career at Runnymede.

OK reading that article it looks like a foreign loan is treated the same as a transfer. If thats the case how does that fit in with the transfer window.

That is how I would read that rule, but I'm only guessing.

Maybe this is why we had to sign Gasmi when we did, instead of waiting for his foot to heal first? :smt102

Currently playing for a team in the Champions League. I suspect not, somehow.

And Vieira (as in Patrick, formerly of Arsenal) is spelt differently :p

Currently listed as being in the reserves of a team playing in the Champion's League so maybe not that outlandish a suggestion.

http://www.cfrcluj.net/reserve_squad.htm

However, the way I read it, it does look like overseas loans would have to be completed in the window so maybe not.

OK reading that article it looks like a foreign loan is treated the same as a transfer. If thats the case how does that fit in with the transfer window.

Also, whats the fastest animal and the largest land based mammal?

No answers just lots of questions.

It is technically a loan, but because it is not domestic it does not apply to FA rulings.

Cheetah and Elephant.