The new Saints Web/Forum.

saint lard

This forum is probably the laughing stock of the internet. Charge users? I do not know of any other forum that charges unless you register to sell items (http://www.passionford.com) to name one.

Personally I use other clubs forums and post as often as I like FOR FREE.

arsenal-land.co.uk great forum.

Yeah, completely advert free.... oh....

This forum is probably the laughing stock of the internet. Charge users? I do not know of any other forum that charges unless you register to sell items (www.passionford.com) to name one.

Personally I use other clubs forums and post as often as I like FOR FREE.

arsenal-land.co.uk great forum.

no good if your a saints fan then is it :confused:

if you dont like it, door and dont let it hit you spring to mind

Indeed thats how affiliates work, and a typical response rate is about 0.01% so only about 1 in every 10,000 people who see an ad, click through and then you can only expect around 1 in ten to make a booking, so that makes a booking for every 100,000 views, with an average booking fee of £100, so that makes every 100,000 views paying £10!

Not always the most efficient way of making money!

*All these figures are for a national hotel chain.

That, is complete ********.

Them figures would be true if you were advertising a Hog Roast on a Jew Site, but not for targeted marketing.

For example, the majority of visitors to Saintsweb will book a hotel for an away football match at least once a year, by encouraging people to book through them, instead of donating, I would say that the conversion would be much higher then 0.01% , wouldn't you?

Also, there are other affiliate banners they could use, for example, Brown Bag Clothing, football fashion being a massive part of football culture, there will already be a large amount of people who use that site already, all people have to do is go through Saintsweb and Saintsweb pick up 10% of any sale.

I bought a jumper on there a couple of weeks ago, £140 - if Saintsweb had an affiliate account, then they could have had £14 of my money without having the cheek to try and charge me £5 to post on the forum.

Whilst I have been getting data for my own sites, I have registered or viewed just about every forum on the internet related to English football, I have only come across one other with a charge like this.

* All these figures are based on the experience I have in online marketing and advertising, which ironicly, is my job.

( so to answer Steves question on the other thread, I am fully aware of DPA online, which is why my email to users of loyalsaints was a 'request for help' as opposed to direct marketing, and as I own both, there is no breach of DPA with regards to the details, as they have not been passed to any third party, and lastly, awaysupporters is directly related to loyalsaints and of interest - Sorry to **** on your bonfire Stevo, you can't know everything eh? )

Well its a matter of principle for me .....I got banned outright from Kieths forum for nothing more than disagreeing with him about Lowe and then had a mod from here (Exit2) trying to silence me with infractions for asking awkward questions about the 'Saints Trust'.....So there aint a hope in hell in me ever paying a fiver or even a 'dime', for the privilege of 'partial free speech'

Another "i was given infractions for asking awkward questions". No, you were given infractions because you broke the forum rules. If we didnt want you here we would have banned you don't you think? I note you don't have any infractions on Saintsweb so it can't have been recent.

It really beggars belief that people still think we have an "agenda"

Them figures would be true if you were advertising a Hog Roast on a Jew Site, but not for targeted marketing.

For example, the majority of visitors to Saintsweb will book a hotel for an away football match at least once a year, by encouraging people to book through them, instead of donating, I would say that the conversion would be much higher then 0.01% , wouldn't you?

Also, there are other affiliate banners they could use, for example, Brown Bag Clothing, football fashion being a massive part of football culture, there will already be a large amount of people who use that site already, all people have to do is go through Saintsweb and Saintsweb pick up 10% of any sale.

I bought a jumper on there a couple of weeks ago, £140 - if Saintsweb had an affiliate account, then they could have had £14 of my money without having the cheek to try and charge me £5 to post on the forum.

Whilst I have been getting data for my own sites, I have registered or viewed just about every forum on the internet related to English football, I have only come across one other with a charge like this.

* All these figures are based on the experience I have in online marketing and advertising, which ironicly, is my job.

( so to answer Steves question on the other thread, I am fully aware of DPA online, which is why my email to users of loyalsaints was a 'request for help' as opposed to direct marketing, and as I own both, there is no breach of DPA with regards to the details, as they have not been passed to any third party, and lastly, awaysupporters is directly related to loyalsaints and of interest - Sorry to **** on your bonfire Stevo, you can't know everything eh? )

And stu, for someone that's so into online marketing, can you explain why spamming an old email list is a good thing? Lets not forget, it was after a long conversation with me on the phone I explained how you could turn your basic idea into a money making website and what angle to take, I seem to also remember that your domain name was my idea as well... but don't thank me, you need all the help you can get.

I'd suggest you check it again then.

I'm pretty sure that, when I signed up for the loyalsaints forum god knows how many years ago, it didn't mention anything about being sent e-mails "asking for help" (let's face it, you and I both know it's advertising, albeit subtly worded) to further a commercial venture that wasn't even close to being in your thoughts when you launched that site/forum.

As an example, it's like Rupert Murdoch using all of his contact details from Sky Digital customers to advertise The Times and then turning around and saying "well they're linked because they're part of the same group of companies". News International simply wouldn't get away with it, simply because BSkyB and whatever limited company The Times officially comes under (Times Publishing or something like that, I think), are different entities. Whether there's a link in ownership is irrelevant. Customers aren't necessarily aware of that link (and almost certainly don't care), and I'm sure they'd get pretty ****ed off if they got e-mails from Sky advertising a completely different product.

Guest Hacienda
Well its a matter of principle for me .....I got banned outright from Kieths forum for nothing more than disagreeing with him about Lowe and then had a mod from here (Exit2) trying to silence me with infractions for asking awkward questions about the 'Saints Trust'.....So there aint a hope in hell in me ever paying a fiver or even a 'dime', for the privilege of 'partial free speech'

I'm sure we are all gutted by that.

Guest Hacienda

For the record, only a total mug pays the prices on Brown Bag.

Way, way cheaper to be found online by savvy "Casual" shoppers.

http://www.thecasualsdirectory.com/

Of course, really savvy folk go to Italy to get it. :cool:

And stu, for someone that's so into online marketing, can you explain why spamming an old email list is a good thing? Lets not forget, it was after a long conversation with me on the phone I explained how you could turn your basic idea into a money making website and what angle to take, I seem to also remember that your domain name was my idea as well... but don't thank me, you need all the help you can get.

lol, actually the only piece of advice you gave me that I took into account was to starting on a football related site first rather that the full sporting site, I used that advice due to time contraints. The world does not revolve around you Boj, and you do not know everything and cannot try and claim credit for everything!

And for Steve, like it or not, it is not 'spam' , dress it up any way you like. In the eyes of the law, it is not 'spam' , it is not direct marketing, and information has not been given to any third party.

What is spam is your friends at the Saints Trust sending me emails when I have never supplied them to their site, how did they get them Stevo? They didn't even bother to put them into the BCC folder, instead sent them in CC so everyones email was there for everyone to see! Even semi-famous peoples email addresses, I am sure they would not have appreciated that.

Now the question is, where did Saints Trust get my email address from? The only Saints related site that has that email address is this site, or it's previous aliases as I have long since stopped using it.

And on the subject of DPA, have you checked that you could transfer the data of an old forum, run by different people ( although including yourself ) to a new forum, with a new domain name, that is now a registered business?

Where is my 'soft opt-out' ?

Did you email me asking my permission for my personal information to be transferred onto a new forum owned by a profit-making business? It could be said that by using the people on the old database, you are fixing figures to show an unrealistic figure of users to aid sales ( where have we seen that before Stevo? )

I am sure you realise that my information is now in the hands of a 3rd party, in the eyes of the law.

Maybe you should practice what you preach Stevo and Boj?

Ok stu, obviously what our conversation actually was, and what you are willing to admit in the face of everyone on this forum are too completely seperate things. Perhaps if you had continued with my advice you wouldn't be begging for users on this forum.

And in relation to the move to the new domain, the old website held a full explanation of what happened during the switch over along with a guide for everyone to read the new terms and conditions of the site. The users who carried on with the forum accepted the new terms, those that don't accept dont use the account. Since we haven't spammed the user database, and since we publish no personal details on our website of our users, other than what they themselves have already put into the public domain, we are perfectly in the right and in the clear in what we did... but you continue to think otherwise stu... it makes us smile.

Ok stu, obviously what our conversation actually was, and what you are willing to admit in the face of everyone on this forum are too completely seperate things. Perhaps if you had continued with my advice you wouldn't be begging for users on this forum.

And in relation to the move to the new domain, the old website held a full explanation of what happened during the switch over along with a guide for everyone to read the new terms and conditions of the site. The users who carried on with the forum accepted the new terms, those that don't accept dont use the account. Since we haven't spammed the user database, and since we publish no personal details on our website of our users, other than what they themselves have already put into the public domain, we are perfectly in the right and in the clear in what we did... but you continue to think otherwise stu... it makes us smile.

See the thing is Boj.

1) You contradict yourself, firstly you are saying that I did follow your advice and it was all your idea, then almost in the same breath you are saying that I should have followed your advice I wouldn't need to email people. Which one is it Boj?

Sending out requests to people to get involved in a fans site is hardly begging is it? Mind you, I know SaintsWeb wouldn't do such a thing would they?.... http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2451&highlight=articles .... oh.

2) You have passed my details on to a 3rd party ( ie: from TSF to SaintsWeb ) , show me where on the TSF T's and C's that I and others agreed to that. Now obviously I shan't be making a complaint to the DPO, as I use the services, but it's food for thought eh?

3) You show how unprofessional you are,the fact you are bringing up private discussions at business level ( they were at business level seeing payment was discussed ) , not to mention twisting them, I personally wouldn't do business with someone who discusses their business dealings on an internet forum, I am sure many others would agree.

See the thing is Boj.

1) You contradict yourself, firstly you are saying that I did follow your advice and it was all your idea, then almost in the same breath you are saying that I should have followed your advice I wouldn't need to email people. Which one is it Boj?

Sending out requests to people to get involved in a fans site is hardly begging is it? Mind you, I know SaintsWeb wouldn't do such a thing would they?.... http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2451&highlight=articles .... oh.

2) You have passed my details on to a 3rd party ( ie: from TSF to SaintsWeb ) , show me where on the TSF T's and C's that I and others agreed to that. Now obviously I shan't be making a complaint to the DPO, as I use the services, but it's food for thought eh?

3) You show how unprofessional you are,the fact you are bringing up private discussions at business level ( they were at business level seeing payment was discussed ) , not to mention twisting them, I personally wouldn't do business with someone who discusses their business dealings on an internet forum, I am sure many others would agree.

1) I didnt say it was all my idea. I said I told you how to turn it into a money spinner, advice you didnt follow. Oh, and I hardly think promoting our own website ON our own website is hardly comparable to spamming 3rd party websites now, is it?

2) Not really. Since the details are held privatley and not used, only the accounts accepting the new terms and conditions are in use on this website. Dress it up anyway you want, no laws have been broken.

3) Actually we didnt discuss money at all. Money was only discussed when you asked about hosting much MUCH later. As for discussing business on here, meh. It's hardly discussing business when it was entirely apparent that all you wanted was a professionals advice and you had no intention of actually using me. My 4 regular clients from this forum don't complain, that's because they get a thoroughly professional service from me.

Another "i was given infractions for asking awkward questions". No, you were given infractions because you broke the forum rules. If we didnt want you here we would have banned you don't you think? I note you don't have any infractions on Saintsweb so it can't have been recent.

It really beggars belief that people still think we have an "agenda"

So Baj you deny telling me in an email after I was banned from TSf that you owned the forum and you could chose who could post on your site? Paraphrasing (as I did not keep the original mail, pity as I would love to post it on here) that I was deluded to think the forum was a democracy and that bottom line you owned the forum and you had the final say who posted on it and who didn't.

It appears I was not alone. Personally, I wouldn't trust you with the contents of my dustbin so unlikely to trust you with my financial details. Baj you are more deluded than the stay aways who appear to be some of your best customers. Good luck.

See the thing is Boj.

Most definitely. Baj you are in danger of coming across as somewhat smug and big headed but it appears the danger has passed and it simply has been confirmed. You alledgedly appear to twist the facts to suit yourself so you are clearly deluded and IMO not to be trusted. Your desperate attempts to defend yourself against Stu suggests he hit more than a sensitive nerve.

So Baj you deny telling me in an email after I was banned from TSf that you owned the forum and you could chose who could post on your site? Paraphrasing (as I did not keep the original mail, pity as I would love to post it on here) that I was deluded to think the forum was a democracy and that bottom line you owned the forum and you had the final say who posted on it and who didn't.

Er, since when has the forum ever been a "democracy"? Have you (or anyone else) ever been asked to vote on who runs the forum or how it's run?

A handful of us run the forum, and we do so as we see fit. That has never changed, even back in the old Saints Forever days. If we decide we don't want somebody posting on the forum, that's our prerogative. As it is, we try to be as fair and even-handed as possible, but, quite simply, you are very very wrong if you have got it into your head that this forum is a democracy.

Put it another way, I wouldn't expect to have a say in how you ran your own website, so why should you expect to have a say in how we run ours?

Er, since when has the forum ever been a "democracy"? Have you (or anyone else) ever been asked to vote on who runs the forum or how it's run?

A handful of us run the forum, and we do so as we see fit. That has never changed, even back in the old Saints Forever days. If we decide we don't want somebody posting on the forum, that's our prerogative. As it is, we try to be as fair and even-handed as possible, but, quite simply, you are very very wrong if you have got it into your head that this forum is a democracy.

Put it another way, I wouldn't expect to have a say in how you ran your own website, so why should you expect to have a say in how we run ours?[/QUOTE]

It appears I am very wrong but at the same time very right not to contribute my £5 to an entity that can withdraw the service I have paid for simply because they don't particularly like my views. Seems you are running a bit of a closed shop by not opening the forum to all. Hardly entrepreneurial and unlikely to have advertisers knocking clamouring at your doors to get in on the action.

Truble is SG if I ran a website operating as a customer service or shop or some other organisation that provides a customer service then I would welcome all my customer views. When I complained about the level of service I received in a Hilton Hotel recently they didn't respond with its our business and we do as we see fit to maximise our time/revenue ratio. They wrote and thanked me for my comments and advised they would look into the issues raised in the hope they could welcome me again at one of their hotels. Thereby, I feel satisfied that at least they acknowledged the complaint and that it may be worthwhile me using them again as it was a small but annoying issue in an otherwise very pleasant stay.

Unfortunately, your stance is actually killing off the effectiveness and entertainment value of this forum and only cloned citizens need apply. Fit in or ship out so perhaps you don't have any experience in the service sector?

A democracy is in my book about tolerating minority views clearly we are in the realms of the Third Reich with regards to your little niche on the web. Quite how you get to write a piece in the programme I have no idea and IMO one decision the club has got seriously wrong as any article benefits from some balance. StuRS should clearly be given the role as he seems a bit more open to debate and critiscism than yourself.

Guest Hacienda

It appears I am very wrong but at the same time very right not to contribute my £5 to an entity that can withdraw the service I have paid for simply because they don't particularly like my views. Seems you are running a bit of a closed shop by not opening the forum to all. Hardly entrepreneurial and unlikely to have advertisers knocking clamouring at your doors to get in on the action.

Truble is SG if I ran a website operating as a customer service or shop or some other organisation that provides a customer service then I would welcome all my customer views. When I complained about the level of service I received in a Hilton Hotel recently they didn't respond with its our business and we do as we see fit to maximise our time/revenue ratio. They wrote and thanked me for my comments and advised they would look into the issues raised in the hope they could welcome me again at one of their hotels. Thereby, I feel satisfied that at least they acknowledged the complaint and that it may be worthwhile me using them again as it was a small but annoying issue in an otherwise very pleasant stay.

Unfortunately, your stance is actually killing off the effectiveness and entertainment value of this forum and only cloned citizens need apply. Fit in or ship out so perhaps you don't have any experience in the service sector?

A democracy is in my book about tolerating minority views clearly we are in the realms of the Third Reich with regards to your little niche on the web. Quite how you get to write a piece in the programme I have no idea and IMO one decision the club has got seriously wrong as any article benefits from some balance. StuRS should clearly be given the role as he seems a bit more open to debate and critiscism than yourself.

I'm sure that, again, we are gutted that you can only post 3 lots of utter ******s per day.

It appears I was not alone. Personally, I wouldn't trust you with the contents of my dustbin so unlikely to trust you with my financial details. Baj you are more deluded than the stay aways who appear to be some of your best customers. Good luck.

Lol this is priceless. Not only is that a complete fabrication (handy that you've lost the email huh, how many people "lose emails" these days?) Im fairly certain I've never even emailed you.

When people suggest something about me that's a matter of interpretation, then perhaps I get a little wound up, when people make up complete ********, i just laugh.. good one SB

It appears I am very wrong but at the same time very right not to contribute my £5 to an entity that can withdraw the service I have paid for simply because they don't particularly like my views.

How many times do you need it banging into your skull that, for as long as I have been an admin on here, not a single person has ever been banned because of their views. Rules have been put in place in an attempt to keep discussion civil. We don't expect everyone to agree on every issue that's discussed, that would be boring and would defy the point of a forum like this, but we do expect people to at least show a modicum of respect for other posters, regardless of whether you agree with them or not. That is why you were banned under one of your previous guises on the old forum, because you were abusive and rude towards anyone who disagreed with your point of view.

I don't remember ever saying that I won't listen to peoples' views. I'm always willing to listen to opinions about the forum and how it's run, but it's entirely up to me whether I then act on them.

Do you honestly think Hilton Hotels, an international corporation, are going to change their policy off the back of your single complaint? You know as well as I do (or at least you should do) that they've probably got a set of pre-defined "thank you for your comments" letters which they drop the customer name and hotel name into a space and hope that settles the matter. If it was a really bad ****-up, someone might get a bollocking and they might include a voucher as well for goodwill, because it doesn't cost them anything.

Unfortunately, your stance is actually killing off the effectiveness and entertainment value of this forum and only cloned citizens need apply.

Do you seriously believe that?? The diversity of opinions on the main board is still as wide as ever. The overall number of posters is down since we moved to the paid subscriptions, but in my opinion, the actual quality of posts has risen significantly. People are much more careful when there's money at stake (even if it is only a fiver), which I believe has led to many more "considered" replies than before when people would bash the keyboard in response to someone's comments and then all hell would break loose.

A democracy is in my book about tolerating minority views

As I've said before, this forum is NOT a democracy. How we run the forum is entirely up to us. We're happy to listen to peoples' opinions, but it's still entirely up to us whether we alter the way we run things. There are plenty of "minority" views available to view on the forum, they don't tend to hide, and like every other view, they are tolerated by pretty much everyone on the forum.

Tell you what Sundance, if you want to see democracy in action, how about we run vote on whether we should ban you or not?

I'd vote No, fwiw. For the most part, Sundance causes the kind of 'truble' [sic] that can easily be ignored. (Or not: the poor chap is so unrelentingly humourless during his often incoherent rants that he's just too tempting a target.)

Seems to me that this is latest little missive is what passes for an attempt to manipulate the way the forum is run - but it's a spectacular misfire, with all it's vague accusations and odd perorations about the wonders of Hilton (had to be a big-myself-up, posh hotel chain, didn't it!).

I get the impression he desperately wants to be Alastair Campbell - but instead he comes off as a poor man's Victor Meldrew.

His post is a sort of masterclass for the terminally cantankerous.

Very funny. More please.

I'd vote No, fwiw. For the most part, Sundance causes the kind of 'truble' [sic] that can easily be ignored. (Or not: the poor chap is so unrelentingly humourless during his often incoherent rants that he's just too tempting a target.)

Seems to me that this is latest little missive is what passes for an attempt to manipulate the way the forum is run - but it's a spectacular misfire, with all it's vague accusations and odd perorations about the wonders of Hilton (had to be a big-myself-up, posh hotel chain, didn't it!).

I get the impression he desperately wants to be Alastair Campbell - but instead he comes off as a poor man's Victor Meldrew.

His post is a sort of masterclass for the terminally cantankerous.

Very funny. More please.

I would vote 'no' also.

I think it's far more amusing having Sumdunce Breast as a 'registered user' with only 3 posts a day.

I have visions of him shouting abuse at his computer once he's finished his third post of the day, having just read an opinion he doesn't agree with, and can't respond with his usual 'someone's wrong on the innernetz' stance :rolleyes:

I would vote 'no' also.

I think it's far more amusing having Sumdunce Breast as a 'registered user' with only 3 posts a day.

I have visions of him shouting abuse at his computer once he's finished his third post of the day, having just read an opinion he doesn't agree with, and can't respond with his usual 'someone's wrong on the innernetz' stance :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I was in a public place when I read: 'It appears I am very right but at the same time very wrong...' (Giggling to oneself tends to cause worried stares.) But that really must qualify for an award of some kind.

If he can't agree even with himself, what hope has the poor thing got?

But just to prove how detached he is from any kind of understanding of the norms of debate, we get the Nazi comparison. And he's being serious!

I'm sorry, Sundance, but you should take a good look at yourself, because that's not only tasteless; it's by definition very, very ignorant. You really think whatever the Mods are doing that so clearly offends you is on a par with the gassing six million Jews?!

And by the way, I know you can't (!) pay your £5 for whatever reason and so can't send PMs, so why not try emails to wage this private war - or do you not have an email account either?

you will not get enough click throughs on your ads. how many people do you need to sign up and then click these ads to break even? Its not just the clicking of the ad, these people actually have to sign up / buy whatever the ad is advertising dont they?

you will not get enough click throughs on your ads. how many people do you need to sign up and then click these ads to break even? Its not just the clicking of the ad, these people actually have to sign up / buy whatever the ad is advertising dont they?

Yes they do, like I said before though, it depends what you are advertising, people will come on AwaySupporters looking for information on a football ground, to plan their trip, a large number of people will need hotels, which they can book on the site, a large number of people will be interested in designer clothing, which they can find links on the site, most football fans like a punt, there are some decent bookie incentives.

There is marketing, and then there is targeted marketing, the site is not even close to be finished, and the traffic is coming through, for you info, I have already covered the MASSIVE expense of £17 from last month in commision.... from one booking. contrary to what people tell you, it really is not that expensive to host a website... even when at it's peak, it will not even be close to the cost they are trying to say here.

SEO-wise, piece of ****, I am a complete novice, the site is only patched together at the moment, with only the Arsenal page close to being complete. Most of the relevent keywords on Google already are putting it near the top.

Best of luck Stu, you're right, SEO is dead easy, piece of **** as you say, running a server costs virtually nothing, even under heavy server load and massive bandwidth, and with your vast experience in affiliate marketing I'm sure you'll be a millionaire by xmas.

Go get em tiger!

Guest Hacienda
Baj, you'll be laughing on the other side of your face when Stew-pot sells Stubook to Murdoch for a gazillion cans of stella and a pair of Adidas Gazelles.

What colour Gazelles?

Yes they do, like I said before though, it depends what you are advertising, people will come on AwaySupporters looking for information on a football ground, to plan their trip, a large number of people will need hotels, which they can book on the site, a large number of people will be interested in designer clothing, which they can find links on the site, most football fans like a punt, there are some decent bookie incentives.

There is marketing, and then there is targeted marketing, the site is not even close to be finished, and the traffic is coming through, for you info, I have already covered the MASSIVE expense of £17 from last month in commision.... from one booking. contrary to what people tell you, it really is not that expensive to host a website... even when at it's peak, it will not even be close to the cost they are trying to say here.

SEO-wise, piece of ****, I am a complete novice, the site is only patched together at the moment, with only the Arsenal page close to being complete. Most of the relevent keywords on Google already are putting it near the top.

im a web designer and know a thing or two about hosting, seo etc too. I really do wish you luck in your venture.

On a side note, id still rather pay £5 for this per year than have adverts all over it. Personal preference.

Best of luck Stu, you're right, SEO is dead easy, piece of **** as you say, running a server costs virtually nothing, even under heavy server load and massive bandwidth, and with your vast experience in affiliate marketing I'm sure you'll be a millionaire by xmas.

Go get em tiger!

And you Baj, are just about the most arrogant tosser that I have ever had the fortune not to meet.

When I use my arrogance on here, much of it is tongue in cheek, however with you, I get the impression that you really do think the sun shines out of your arse and that nobody knows as much as you.

Let's not forget the fact that you, as the director of your company, discuss your private business conversations on an internet messageboard.

Don't give it the **** that no payment was discussed, it was in the first instance, either by way of payment or commision on earnings.

Let's also not forget that I actually had an agreement from you about 2 months ago, once again in a professional capacity with payment, for you to host a website, for which I heard no more. The fact I am more than confident that I can get every page in the top 3, I am glad I went at it alone.

I think you should get your own ship in order before commenting on others, if your customer service skills remain like you show on this forum and with business enquiries, then you won't be able to get out of rented accommodation anytime soon. :lol:

im a web designer and know a thing or two about hosting, seo etc too. I really do wish you luck in your venture.

On a side note, id still rather pay £5 for this per year than have adverts all over it. Personal preference.

Thanks. It's only a mess about thing really, if it works then cool, if it doesn't then I will pay a web designer to sort it out properly.

Luckily I am not relying on His Bojesty for any advice or help. One perk of my 9-5 being that I work in the same room as people responsible for development/seo of a site with over 120 million page impressions every month.

But as I said, just a bit of a ' let's see what happens ' jobby really.