'Official' Pompey V Boro post match thread

PES

Another great win for the boys in Blue! If you caught the highlights or were one of the 'Lucky' ones who got to go, post your thoughts and reactions here.

Can I just say I'm p*ssed off with you guys, I'm in Canada this week and I come on here to get the Pompey match reaction, aaaaaaaand......Nothing. Despite being thousands of miles away, it still falls on me to raise the 'important' issues. Come on peeps, this apathy is simply not good enough, anyone would think you lot didn't give a sh*t. :mad::mad::mad:

I have some observations.

1) Premier League and you still have over 1000 seats left empty. And yes, they were Pompeys, Boro had a smaller allocation, but filled it.

2) You still have more than 5,000 almost half price tickets left for your first ever European game in history.

3) Your next 3 home games are all on general sale now.

P*mpey = Wigan of the South

1) Premier League and you still have over 1000 seats left empty. And yes, they were Pompeys, Boro had a smaller allocation, but filled it.

2) You still have more than 5,000 almost half price tickets left for your first ever European game in history.

Nice one Stu.

I cant get my mind around the fact that Pompey are the best they have been for decades and the feel good factor and they still dont sell out.

PES I do hope you are having a great time

Nice one Stu.

I cant get my mind around the fact that Pompey are the best they have been for decades and the feel good factor and they still dont sell out.

You are right Nickh yesterdays game was a joy to watch with a lot of skill,

And if the price was the same as SMS at the moment there would not be an empty seat in the house,....But its not! so there is, It dos not matter how you and stuey try to dress it up the simple fact is We love it but allot cannot afford it.:(

It dos not matter how you and stuey try to dress it up the simple fact is We love it but allot cannot afford it.:(

That must be true given the fact that I was in Portsmouth yesterday near Gunwarf and Southsea and was surprised at all the Pompey Cup Final Winners 2008 T shirts I saw when the game was actually on......bandwagon jumpers surely not!

Hi Stu, Thanks for using one of your three posts to raise some valid Pompey points. It's only right I take the time to answer.

1) I am in Vancouver, it's a lovely city however since ive been here I've seen at least 100 people in Pompey tops, Pompey are massive out here, I'm guessing like me many of the missing 1000 are on holiday.

2) I did my bit, I excitedly bought tickets for me and my wife only to remember I was on holiday still. I'm sure my wifes Mum will enjoy the game. I reckon there will be 17,500 for this game, which if your fair Stu for a club of Pompey's size is not a bad turn out to a 6pm kick off that is being shown live on sky.

3) Yes the tickets are on general sale so you wont have a problem buying one, if you need help getting a ticket for one of the more attractive matches, send me a PM mate, as a season ticket holder i'll see what I can do for you. I can't promise anything mind.

Please don't say Pompey = Wigan of the South TM NickH, it gets him all excited when his fellow Saints pick up on it. :)

Nice one Stu.

Thanks Nick, I'm driving my elderly father around so it's not 'All excitement' however it is nice to spend some time with him, he cant walk very far and when he does it's at a snails pace, but he's really enjoying it. Later were driving off to Whistler and then onto the Rockies, I got a free upgrade to a luxury Volvo, leather seats the works, fantastic, what cruel twist of fate destined me to drive a Renault Clio back home, lifes so unfair....... ;):D

Thanks Nick, I'm driving my elderly father around so it's not 'All excitement' however it is nice to spend some time with him, he cant walk very far and when he does it's at a snails pace, but he's really enjoying it. Later were driving off to Whistler and then onto the Rockies, I got a free upgrade to a luxury Volvo, leather seats the works, fantastic, what cruel twist of fate destined me to drive a Renault Clio back home, lifes so unfair....... ;):D
Luxury Volvo, back here we use those to cart manure....funny that I just see the trick of fate with that one.

As for a Renault Clio... yuo are on the internet you dont have to tell the truth you could drive an Aston Martin....but I realise that a Renault Clio to you lot is what a Aston Martin to us.

Have a great time, and have you had the mounties yet

Hi Stu, Thanks for using one of your three posts to raise some valid Pompey points. It's only right I take the time to answer.

1) I am in Vancouver, it's a lovely city however since ive been here I've seen at least 100 people in Pompey tops, Pompey are massive out here, I'm guessing like me many of the missing 1000 are on holiday.

2) I did my bit, I excitedly bought tickets for me and my wife only to remember I was on holiday still. I'm sure my wifes Mum will enjoy the game. I reckon there will be 17,500 for this game, which if your fair Stu for a club of Pompey's size is not a bad turn out to a 6pm kick off that is being shown live on sky.

3) Yes the tickets are on general sale so you wont have a problem buying one, if you need help getting a ticket for one of the more attractive matches, send me a PM mate, as a season ticket holder i'll see what I can do for you. I can't promise anything mind.

Please don't say Pompey = Wigan of the South TM NickH, it gets him all excited when his fellow Saints pick up on it. :)

So, to recap....

You're on holiday in Vancouver, and yet you feel the need to post on a Saints website about Portsmouth....

You must be a real bundle of fun on a night out :shock:

Stuey, people told me you were in hiding after your rash claim that saints would easily get bigger crowds than Pompey this season, but here you are.

Portsmouth average 19,925 96.6% full

Southampton average 17,277 52.8% full

So who has got the most fans Stuey?

Guest Hacienda
Stuey, people told me you were in hiding after your rash claim that saints would easily get bigger crowds than Pompey this season, but here you are.

This site was so much better when you fooked off so please do so again you tedious gimp.

At least the other skates have a sense of humour where as you appear to be the worlds most boring pr1ck.

Sorry but I don't believe that. I went to Vancouver a few weeks ago and didnt see a football top let alone a pompey one!

You sure pompey fans managed to get that far abroad? I thought their holidays were over with the announcement of XL going bust?!

Either that or a lot are stuck due to Zoom going bust as well. I just feel sorry for the Canadians. :wink:

So, to recap....

You're on holiday in Vancouver, and yet you feel the need to post on a Saints website about Portsmouth....

You must be a real bundle of fun on a night out :shock:

LOL, Yep I'm a miserable bastard in the flesh Weston, you'd hate me. :)

Sorry but I don't believe that. I went to Vancouver a few weeks ago and didnt see a football top let alone a pompey one!

You've got me Johnny, there;s no fooling you, t'was a lie., I didn't really see over 100 Pompey fans in Vancouver. :)

your figure does include full allocation of man u fans and the plastics who go to watch them of course.

If we look on a comparable level...

Southamptons last game in Europe, full price tickets = 32,000 sell out.

Pompeys first ever game in Europe = About 15-16,000

Yes, we have more than double your fans.

Southamptons average attendances in the Premiership = Over 30,000

Portsmouth average = Approx 19,000

( You can look at averages over 2 games, I think you know as well as us that our averages for the season will be about the 20k mark. )

( You can look at averages over 2 games, I think you know as well as us that our averages for the season will be about the 20k mark. )

You reckon you'll average 20K crowds this season? PMSL.

Lose against Ipswicha nd I reckon you'll be getting 14-15,000 on Saturday and if you keep getting results like you've got so far this season the crowds will keep dropping. Do you seriously expect to see 20,000 turn up each week when you're constantly getting beaten? LOL

You reckon you'll average 20K crowds this season? PMSL.

Lose against Ipswicha nd I reckon you'll be getting 14-15,000 on Saturday and if you keep getting results like you've got so far this season the crowds will keep dropping. Do you seriously expect to see 20,000 turn up each week when you're constantly getting beaten? LOL

I don't expect to see 20k turn up every week, but some weeks there will be alot more, for games like Reading, for example.

I don't think there will be an attendance anywhere near as low as Blackpool which had numerous reasons for it such as...

a) Lunch kick-off

b) On Sky

c) The most 'unattractive' fixture of the season.

d) Summer holidays, when attendances are down all over the country.

Make sure your last post is a good one C*rpy. xxx

I don't expect to see 20k turn up every week, but some weeks there will be alot more, for games like Reading, for example.

I don't think there will be an attendance anywhere near as low as Blackpool which had numerous reasons for it such as...

a) Lunch kick-off

b) On Sky

c) The most 'unattractive' fixture of the season.

d) Summer holidays, when attendances are down all over the country.

Make sure your last post is a good one C*rpy. xxx

LOL. What big games like Birmingham at home. First home game of the season against the promotion favourites. You got less than 19,000. And that was when optimism was running high. Unlike now when people are already calling for your managers head. What other games apart from Reading will get you big crowds? Doncaster? Swansea? Preston?

Face it my little soldier of fortune, as the season wears on and your paper thin squad gets weaker by the game your results will continue to be poor and your fans will get more and more disillusioned meaning more and more will stay away. Does anyone else on here believe that you'll average gates of 20,000 this season - just out of interest.

Also, I notice that mummy's gung ho litlle soldier hasn't commented on the fact that Pompey look likely to be bought by mega wealthy backers soon. Maybe something to do with the fact that he confidently told me that no-one else would buy the club from Gaydamak to plough millions more into it. Nothing to say Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeey?

Lastly, regarding Nick Nack and his threat to hang himself. Don't do it Nick Nack. That tree's been there for years and you could damage it. I would tell him to cut his wrists in the bath but as I'm told that like a lot of old duffers he smells heavily of wee I suspect he doesn't bathe that often.

Lastly, regarding Nick Nack and his threat to hang himself. Don't do it Nick Nack. That tree's been there for years and you could damage it. I would tell him to cut his wrists in the bath but as I'm told that like a lot of old duffers he smells heavily of wee I suspect he doesn't bathe that often.

You are the bravest of the brave behind the keyboard. You cant afford a fiver to pay to be a full member so go and play somewhere else.

Funny how you disappeared when things were not looking great at FP you only slink back when you think you can crow.It says a lot about what a complete tool you are.

Yellowstreak.

LOL. What big games like Birmingham at home. First home game of the season against the promotion favourites. You got less than 19,000. And that was when optimism was running high. Unlike now when people are already calling for your managers head. What other games apart from Reading will get you big crowds? Doncaster? Swansea? Preston?

Face it my little soldier of fortune, as the season wears on and your paper thin squad gets weaker by the game your results will continue to be poor and your fans will get more and more disillusioned meaning more and more will stay away. Does anyone else on here believe that you'll average gates of 20,000 this season - just out of interest.

Also, I notice that mummy's gung ho litlle soldier hasn't commented on the fact that Pompey look likely to be bought by mega wealthy backers soon. Maybe something to do with the fact that he confidently told me that no-one else would buy the club from Gaydamak to plough millions more into it. Nothing to say Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeey?

Allow me to use my last post on you C*rpy.

You are right, I have nothing to say about a rumour in The People, if you believe it then it shows what a mug you are. I also have nothing to say about you making up stories, if they ever show any substance then I might comment on them.

Let's face it, even your owners have been saying you are getting a new stadium for the last 10 years and nothing has happened, so I am hardly going to listen to a little factory worker like you am I?

Do you want to comment on your failure to sell out on Saturday?

Do you want to comment on your failure to sell out the first European game in your little clubs history?

Do you want to comment on tickets still readily available on general sale for all of your next 3 games?

20,000 is a realistic estimate of what our average will be. The core average will be about 17-18k, but the larger crowds will push the average up. Why don't we wait till the end of the season eh C*rpy?

If I was you, I would toddle off back to your own board and discuss amoungst yourself why you can't sell out a 20k capacity stadium for your first European game in the clubs history, even when ticket prices are almost halved.

Now THAT is embarrasing C*rp, don't you think?

For the record, Saints last European game was a complete sell-out, at full ticket price, and it was about our 8th or 9th season in the clubs history that we had been involved in European competition, not our FIRST.

Allow me to use my last post on you C*rpy.

You are right, I have nothing to say about a rumour in The People, if you believe it then it shows what a mug you are. I also have nothing to say about you making up stories, if they ever show any substance then I might comment on them.

Let's face it, even your owners have been saying you are getting a new stadium for the last 10 years and nothing has happened, so I am hardly going to listen to a little factory worker like you am I?

Do you want to comment on your failure to sell out the first European game in your little clubs history?

Do you want to comment on tickets still readily available on general sale for all of your next 3 games?

20,000 is a realistic estimate of what our average will be. The core average will be about 17-18k, but the larger crowds will push the average up. Why don't we wait till the end of the season eh C*rpy?

If I was you, I would toddle off back to your own board and discuss amoungst yourself why you can't sell out a 20k capacity stadium for your first European game in the clubs history, even when ticket prices are almost halved.

For the record, Saints last European game was a complete sell-out, at full ticket price, and it was about our 8th or 9th season in the clubs history that we had been involved in European competition, not our FIRST.

Even 20,000 a game for the rest of the season won't save you Stuey, if our average gate remains the same you need an average of 20,178 for the rest of the season to overhaul us. Of course less than that at your next home game and the figure goes up again. Thank goodness nobody took you up on the bet, if they had you might as well have paid out now.

Even 20,000 a game for the rest of the season won't save you Stuey, if our average gate remains the same you need an average of 20,178 for the rest of the season to overhaul us. Of course less than that at your next home game and the figure goes up again. Thank goodness nobody took you up on the bet, if they had you might as well have paid out now.
Are Pompey going to keep getting crowds of 19k or 20+ if so the average will surely come down. Stu has the trump card last day of the season in the relelgation dog fight he will have a 32k gate to lift his averages

To be fair kick off is at 6 pm and live on channel 5,i know a few skates can't get to the game because of the time it is being played..thanks to channel 5.

this however should not be used as an excuse.

You are the bravest of the brave behind the keyboard. You cant afford a fiver to pay to be a full member so go and play somewhere else.

Funny how you disappeared when things were not looking great at FP you only slink back when you think you can crow.It says a lot about what a complete tool you are.

Yellowstreak.

Blimey Nick Nack, I know you're Stuey's ***** but are you asking me to say it to your face? LOL

By the way, yellowstreak? Was I right about that smell of wee coming from your trousers?

Like, duh, Stuey. Read the post I made in the thread about Pompey being linked with a takeover. I wasn't talking about the link to the arabs in the People on Sunday. See the post about Pompey being linked with a takeover. You chump.

Glad to see that despite your protestations otherwise you're still so obsessed with Pompey and our fans that you know how many tickets we've sold for Thursday's game (which is virtually sold out now anyway, at least in the home sections). As for not selling out on Saturday, I see in your previous posts it's OK for you to mention that less attractive teams for you can result in smaller attendances but when the same applies to us (Boro) it doesn't.

I also notice that no other Saints fans seem to think you'll average 20,000 this season. Asking why I don't wait until the end of the season is also a bit stupid when we're talking about predicting average gates too don't you think?

Fraid it's gone up again Stuey with only 14,916 turning up for the Ipswich game you now need an average of 20,441 from your remaining games to overhaul us. looks like you're running out of games.

Guest Hacienda
Fraid it's gone up again Stuey with only 14,916 turning up for the Ipswich game you now need an average of 20,441 from your remaining games to overhaul us. looks like you're running out of games.

You ******* tedious gimp.

When was the last time you had 20 thousand in your shed then? You can only dream. Wigan of the south.

where do you get your figures from, are you suggesting you are going to get over 20k every game?

where do you get your figures from, are you suggesting you are going to get over 20k every game?

Well Nick Nack, last season we averaged 19700 across the season so I guess he's basing his figures on something similar.

Great crowd for you last night - especially considering around 1200 of them were Ipswich.

By the way, could someone PM Baj and Granty for me and ask them when my full membership is going to be activated. The fiver went in the post on Monday.

Well Nick Nack, last season we averaged 19700 across the season so I guess he's basing his figures on something similar.

Great crowd for you last night - especially considering around 1200 of them were Ipswich.

By the way, could someone PM Baj and Granty for me and ask them when my full membership is going to be activated. The fiver went in the post on Monday.

News from Baj & Granty says that the £5 was a fake.