Aaron Ramsay

niceandfriendly

Very similar. Shawcross who was sent off was in tears afterwards.

It was an unfortunate challenge. I don't think he meant it at all.

Was never a sending off just watched about 5 times. As the commentators said I think the ref was influenced by the injury. Fair play to Stokes number 6 (?) he was the first to go to his side and comfort him. Not nice to see an injury like that

Was never a sending off just watched about 5 times. As the commentators said I think the ref was influenced by the injury. Fair play to Stokes number 6 (?) he was the first to go to his side and comfort him. Not nice to see an injury like that

Agree with this 100% - the ref was certainly influenced by the injury as it was never a red card challenge normally. Saying that though, could the ref have afforded to have kept Shawcross on the pitch...?

Agree with this 100% - the ref was certainly influenced by the injury as it was never a red card challenge normally. Saying that though, could the ref have afforded to have kept Shawcross on the pitch...?

I haven't seen the challenge but if it was a fair tackle it will be interesting to see if Stoke appeal (and what the FA do with the appeal).

It probably wasn't the worst tackle in the game, but it doesn't always need to be a bad challenge to cause some real damage. Hopefully he will make a full recovery, it was only last week I said on a thread on here that I think he will be a top midfielder in England within a couple of years.

It's just a very unfortunate coincidence that it's happened to an Arsenal player again.

Wenger's bleating and the Arsenal players berating Shawcross is highly hypocritical though, I was at a pre-season game at The Emirates the other year between Arsenal and Real Madrid where Abou Diaby absolutely nailed Wesley Sneijder and put him out for quite a few months.

Lest we forget the days under Wenger a few years ago when Arsenal had quite possibly one of the worst disciplinary records of any Prem side.

Is Wenger *****ing about that tackle?

Wouldn't put it past him to be fair. I remember him saying Martin Taylor should never be allowed to play football again. That tackle was worse than Shawcrosses today, but there was no malice in it. Eduardo was just a bit to quick and Taylor caught his standing leg.

Seen the replay a few times and today's tackle wasn't a red card offence IMO. Shawcross had the ball, he just took a heavy touch and Ramsey took it off his feet a nano second before he could get it back under control.

Jesus ****ing christ!! Poor bloke!

Also, Wenger needs to ****ing grow up a bit, he's like a kid. Yes, a horrific injury no question, but it was an accident - it was no Roy Keane on Alfe Inge Haaland!

Agree. Wenger seems to forget it was not that long ago that he had the likes of Keown, Adams, Petit, Viera etc in his team who could dish it out. Shawcross got his first ever red card and have visably upset after the tackle which i think was not a bad challenge just clumsly IMO.

To give Wenger a bit of support, I think his main gripe is that teams think if they get rough with Arsenal then they have more chance of beating them.

So his point is that , in general, Arsenal get kicked a lot more that anyone else, so the chances are they will get more injuries. He does have a point TBF

Found it..

legbreak.jpg

That was a bit after the tackle, he did catch him, it was high but it was clumsy.

TBH, like Hatch said, Wenger has a point about teams roughing it up against the arse but they are not innocence either ffs.

Wenger is and continues to be a helmet, his words for me insight hatred and i would love to see what happens when one of his players seriously injures a player, will he come out and give it the 'he will not play for arsenal again?' No of course he won't he will forget it even happened.

Can't find the pic from an earlier site but there was a picture showing that Ramsay's leg went before the tackle took place. Very unfair for Shawcross as it wasn't his fault and there was no malice. Good luck to Ramsay though.
I thought that last night when MotD showed a still of the incident, it looked to me Ramsays leg was landing awkwardly before inpact.The picture above seems to show thw leg buckling before Shawcross is there.

Either way it was an accident in my book

I thought that last night when MotD showed a still of the incident, it looked to me Ramsays leg was landing awkwardly before inpact.The picture above seems to show thw leg buckling before Shawcross is there.

Either way it was an accident in my book

I think the still comes just after impact with Ramseys leg firmley planted, don't see any intent from Shawcross, his studs are not up and this is just an unfortunate incident, pleased Ramsay has had a successful operation and wish him all the best.

For an intelligent man Wenger needs to stop being so reactionary, let himself down and fuelled the situation unecessarily, protect your players of course but it was clear for all to see Shawcross was in bits afterwards and for him to infer intent is wholly wrong.

Never was that a red card, 50/50 ball IMO & if anything Ramsay was going in alot harder than Shawcross but came off worse. I had the same injury and my foot was 180 degrees the wrong way. I was back playing within 6 months.

What do Aaron Ramsey's leg and Wayne Bridge's relationship with Vanessa Perroncel have in common?

....they've both been destroyed by a defender's tackle. :D

In bad taste, I know, but made me chuckle. Glad to see that Ramsey's operation went well, and let's hope that he makes a full recovery and is back playing football soon!

Seen the replay a few times and today's tackle wasn't a red card offence IMO. Shawcross had the ball, he just took a heavy touch and Ramsey took it off his feet a nano second before he could get it back under control.

They were discussing it on Talk Sport last night and said the referee hadn't sent him off because the tackle was reckless but under a directive, have no option due to the resultant injury.

They were discussing it on Talk Sport last night and said the referee hadn't sent him off because the tackle was reckless but under a directive, have no option due to the resultant injury.

I think it was for the best he was sent off, not because it was a bad challenge (i hope they appeal and get it overturned) but you could see the lad was clearly very upset. Pulis even said he went straight home with his mum, he was in no state to keep his mind on the football.