Complaint about Saints Player reception

Hamilton Saint

Saturday's internet broadcast of the Walsall game was very poor. There were constant momentary losses of reception (lasting 2 or 3 seconds) throughout the game - very irritating, especially at moments of high drama.

This has been happening quite a lot this season. Where exactly should one direct complaints about this?

prob your ISP, secondly look at the settings on ya pc

Would you care to elaborate?

As I was listening to the game on Saturday (vs Walsall), and experiencing these constant little drop-outs of reception, my friend in Wimbledon (UK) was experiencing the exact same problems. That suggests to me that the problem is not with my ISP, or the settings on my PC.

Agreed it's unlikely to be equipment. It's worse some matches than others but there is always some level of signal drop - nearly always as we approach the penalty area!

I will add my voice to the complaints contact - it isn't the money it's the utter frustration.

Saturday's internet broadcast of the Walsall game was very poor. There were constant momentary losses of reception (lasting 2 or 3 seconds) throughout the game - very irritating, especially at moments of high drama.

This has been happening quite a lot this season. Where exactly should one direct complaints about this?

I actually had quite good reception though I realise that a lot of people were complaining...

received this from Customer Service

Hi Phillip,

Thank you for your email.

We are aware of the interruptions to the commentary of the last fixture. This is being investigated to ensure that this gets fixed for the forthcoming fixtures.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards

Customer Services

I agree. What is more annoying is that if you switch over to the opposition commentary (Walsall in this case), it is usually perfect with no signal drop-outs.

And the pre-match, half time and post match feeds from the studio are usually flawless (more or less).

And, after the game, when the broadcast restrictions are lifted, when you log out of SaintsPlayer and go to the Solent feed direct from the BBC, that's flawless too.

I have a complaint.

I complain that they are charging to provide a crap version of BBC comentary. I pay my Licence fee to be able to listen to BBC when I want but that option is being blocked. Instead we are expected to pay extra to hear BBC comentary and to top it off they cant even provide that service as well as the BBC can.

They are tossers for taking the micky and we are Mugs for accepting it.

Rant over

If a product or service isn't of 'merchantable quality' then consumers are entitled to a refund under the sale of goods and services act. (Retailers and service providers are legally bound to refer to this fact (i.e. "This does not affect your statutory rights") especially when they try and include 'wriggle out' clauses in the contract when you sign up)

If more people demanded a refund, as entitled, then it may help focus minds. Service providers in general tend to rely on consumer apathy....

HTH

Edited by trousers

Dreadful quality from SaintsPlayer.

Constant dropouts and their audio levels from different sources is all over the place. Continuously have to adjust audio level depending on whos microphone is in use.

Very unproffessional.

Get your act together or lose customers !!

I see the OS is pushing SaintsPlayer again, with "uninterrupted" coverage of the match. So, that will be no drop outs and no going to other games.

I have let SaintsPlayer lapse and don't intend to renew until we get a better service than Radio Rodent with trips to Eastleigh, Weymouth and that other team.

Bring back Will Can't Cope!!!

Just logged into saintsplayer and see they've issued an apology for the breaks in connection and said they're working on it. Translation: please stop emailing us with your complaints.

They're quite good at replying to e-mails and posting little notices like this but they seem unable to do much about the service quality.

As I type this, the Huddersfield lot are happily listening to their feed, and have been for some time. We, on the other hand, are waiting for that guy to say "Searching, connected ..." and start our feed. It'll be like it often is - no lead-in, wham, kick-off.

It's crap all round and it's high time the club stepped in to sort this out.

As I type this, the Huddersfield lot are happily listening to their feed, and have been for some time. We, on the other hand, are waiting for that guy to say "Searching, connected ..." and start our feed.

I've got pre match build up. And there's been no break ups.

Just logged into saintsplayer and see they've issued an apology for the breaks in connection and said they're working on it. Translation: please stop emailing us with your complaints.

Given the amount of times it has already cut out tonught, I think they will get at keast one more e-mail about this problem. :mad:

No interruptions here for a change.

Everyone in UK + Hamilton in Canada seems to have no problems tonight .

So maybe those still suffering are actually having problems because of their ISP or connection bandwidth?

What was even better was not having to hear Skate updates....or bl**dy Cherries goals that sound like we have scored.

It's usualy very choppy and verging on the unuseable for me in North Wales, on a god 8meg link, usualy end up listening to the opposition feed, which of course is always flawless (technicaly anyway) Tonite, I'm in a hotel in the midlands, using my dodgy 3 dongle and I heard the entire thing right thru till 10pm with no interuptions at all. I was kinda hoping that meant they'd fixed it, but reading other comments here it seems patchy.

I shall fix it Saturday by making the (for me) short trip to Tranmere :-)