Drew Surman

krissyboy31

who do we move to the subs bench ?

I rate him above Hammond. I know they play different roles, but given choice I'd still probably take a midfield or Surman and Schneiderlin. Come to think of it, I rate him above Schneiderlin too. I can't really say which combination of the three works best.

I rate him above Hammond. I know they play different roles, but given choice I'd still probably take a midfield or Surman and Schneiderlin. Come to think of it, I rate him above Schneiderlin too. I can't really say which combination of the three works best.

Id rather have Hammond IMO

I am usually good at guessing and my lottery results are always very close.:D

Reading were after him before and are struggling for fit midfield players.;)

But my guess is I might be totally wrong.:rolleyes:

Happy new years windows.

Great Reading can take Surman so we can buy Church off Reading, Church has looked good this season, reckon he'd look better in a saints shirt though.

I don't think he would get in the first 11 at the moment. He could arguably replace any of Hammond, Schneiderlin or Puncheon but I don't see him as being a distinct improvement on any of them.

He could replace any of those three or even Barnard.

We need another quality central midfielder in for next season without a doubt, relying on Schneiderlin and Hammond to stay fit for a whole season is mental.

People on this forum used to moan like hell about Surman, and spread stories about his drinking which no one ever proved, why the sudden turn round to want him back? I'm afraid all last year's lot were tarred with a bad brush and I wouldn't want any of them near the place, even though he was local.

People on this forum used to moan like hell about Surman, and spread stories about his drinking which no one ever proved, why the sudden turn round to want him back? I'm afraid all last year's lot were tarred with a bad brush and I wouldn't want any of them near the place, even though he was local.

I don't remember any stories about Surman's drinking...not one.

FFS what on Earth are you on about? If you actually met the guy you would see that he was probably one of the nicest and most down to Earth footballers around. I don't remember any of those stories. I think you are mistaken.

FFS what on Earth are you on about? If you actually met the guy you would see that he was probably one of the nicest and most down to Earth footballers around. I don't remember any of those stories. I think you are mistaken.

Met him a couple of times also via his brother and he is all of the above.

Loves Saints as well, would have him back without any hesitation

He was never going to be prem class because he lacks pace... Very decent CCC player and I would welcome him back. Would be a backwards step in his career however.

tbf not every prem player has blistering pace. If that's his only flaw then he could still make it as a prem player. He just needs to be used in the right way