Weekend games

Other people said it - looking at the fixture list, Brighton was potentially the hardest game of the last 9. Picking up a point coulod prove to be a bonus, get behind the boys at Leyton Orient.

(I thought we had had it to get to the play-offs after the Tranmere game, but I will continue to believe. An Exeter win would be a great result for us today. Fingers crossed Brizzle lose too.)

okay play-offs even more unlikely now but...

as it stands Exeter 1-0 Colchester we can still hope.

Colchester really aren't the best barometer to use.If they fail then Huddersfield

probably won't. Our chances of reaching the POs depends on what happens to 3 or 4 teams, not just Colchester. If they lose today Huddersfield could move above them by beating Wycombe tomorrow.Nothing changes for us, we're still

11 points off of the play-offs all the same.Even Brizzle and MK Dons are still in the mix if the Us nose dive,providing Huddersfield do the same.

Colchester really aren't the best barometer to use.If they fail then Huddersfield

probably won't. Our chances of reaching the POs depends on what happens to 3 or 4 teams, not just Colchester. If they lose today Huddersfield could move above them by beating Wycombe tomorrow.Nothing changes for us, we're still

11 points off of the play-offs all the same.Even Brizzle and MK Dons are still in the mix if the Us nose dive,providing Huddersfield do the same.

But we are currently only 8 points behind Huddersfield who I think will finish above Colchester

We have a much easier end of Season compared with both Huddersfield and Colchester

HT Exeter 1 Colchester 0

Hope they win for our sake...Down to go but caught a really bad cold.....

Exeter should pull well clear with a victory..Colchester on the slide hopefully.

COYRs and Exeter.

But we are currently only 8 points behind Huddersfield who I think will finish above Colchester

It's still 8 points that we've got to make up come what may.What I am saying is that the more teams above us (whatever the points difference may be) the less chance we have of making up the difference over all of them will be.

If we were to win all of our games then Colchester would have to not win at least 4, Huddersfield at least 3 etc etc etc.With each game that we fail to make up points over all of them the difficulty increases.

It's still 8 points that we've got to make up come what may.What I am saying is that the more teams above us (whatever the points difference may be) the less chance we have of making up the difference over all of them will be.

If we were to win all of our games then Colchester would have to not win at least 4, Huddersfield at least 3 etc etc etc.With each game that we fail to make up points over all of them the difficulty increases.

I still dont think we will make it but it wont be by much but

I cannot see Colchester Winning too many

Colchester v Millwall, 13:00

Saturday, 10 April 2010

Colchester v Swindon, 15:00

Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Charlton v Colchester, 19:45

Saturday, 17 April 2010

Hartlepool v Colchester, 15:00

Saturday, 24 April 2010

Colchester v Tranmere, 15:00

Saturday, 1 May 2010

Huddersfield v Colchester, 15:00

Saturday, 8 May 2010

Colchester v Leyton Orient, 15:00

Edited by John B

I still dont think we will make it but it wont be by much but

I cannot see Colchester Winning too many

Colchester v Millwall, 13:00

Saturday, 10 April 2010

Colchester v Swindon, 15:00

Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Charlton v Colchester, 19:45

Saturday, 17 April 2010

Hartlepool v Colchester, 15:00

Saturday, 24 April 2010

Colchester v Tranmere, 15:00

Saturday, 1 May 2010

Huddersfield v Colchester, 15:00

Saturday, 8 May 2010

Colchester v Leyton Orient, 15:00

But it's not about just Colchester. Huddersfield have 7 winnable games out of 8.That's more than enough to put us right out of the picture. If they win 5 of them we'll be toast on the play-off front.

But it's not about just Colchester. Huddersfield have 7 winnable games out of 8.That's more than enough to put us right out of the picture. If they win 5 of them we'll be toast on the play-off front.

But its not just about Colchester and Huddersfield...

Charlton also have a difficult fixture list, are in poor form and also have to visit St Mary's.

"Possible" Saints and Huddersfield replace Colchester and Charlton in the playoffs.

Of course I realise that but there is still a chance the other teams can fail whilst the Saints prosper and the season is not over yet

Worth remembering that Huddersfield host Colchester on 1 May, so either one or both will not win at least one. Colchester have a very difficult run in: Millwall (H), Swindon (H), Charlton (A), Hartlepool (A), Tranmere (H), Huddersfied (A), Orient (H) - they will do well to win more than 2 of those. Huddersfield have Wycombe (A), Brentford (H), Walsall (H), Millwall (H), Stockport (A), Colchester (H) and Exeter (A) - at least 3 tricky ones not including Colchester. I know we won't do it, but it could get quite close if we can put in some good performances.

Worth remembering that Huddersfield host Colchester on 1 May, so either one or both will not win at least one. Colchester have a very difficult run in: Millwall (H), Swindon (H), Charlton (A), Hartlepool (A), Tranmere (H), Huddersfied (A), Orient (H) - they will do well to win more than 2 of those. Huddersfield have Wycombe (A), Brentford (H), Walsall (H), Millwall (H), Stockport (A), Colchester (H) and Exeter (A) - at least 3 tricky ones not including Colchester. I know we won't do it, but it could get quite close if we can put in some good performances.

But we won't achieve the "minimum" ie getting into the play-offs. I'm not worried about it but the play-offs were a minimum requirement just a couple of weeks back. What happens when that minimum isn't achieved I have absolutely no idea. It's not the fans who keep on and on and on about the play-offs, it's the staff and players.

This is really it! There have been a couple of times this season where we havn't capitalised on the slip ups of those we are chasing.

Hopefully this will really fire up the lads for Monday.................it's not over yet!

If Huddersfield and Charlton don't win tomorrow then it will start to look very interesting again.

Great results today and I think too many people on here assume that teams like Charlton,Colchester and huddersfield will win at places like Exeter. I think Huddersfield or Charlton or maybe both will slip up away at Exeter like Leeds,Colchester and we have.

There will be more twists and turns in this play off race yet.Colchester will not make the play offs imo when you look at their fixture list.It is whether we can catch Huddersfield or Charlton

If there were awards for League One's worst refereeing performances of 2009/2010, Eddie Ilderton at Tranmere would be in with a shout.

He missed such an obvious handball a blind man could see it for Tranmere's third goal!

Nil marks for the lino also for the 1st penalty decision as well.

Edited by markr27

Feck me, could last nights results have gone any better ?

The playoffs are still on - but NO MORE F**K UPS

It's so frustrating that all these slip ups by the teams we nee dto catch are not being capitalised on by winning our games - although I fear we have a few more f**k ups left and we will ultimatley rue our missed opportunities.

I want us to miss out through other teams good form not a lack of our inability to capitalise

they need to rely on other teams not winning as well. I think home game vitories and draws away from home would be enough. Colchester and Charlton can be caught

Victories in the next 2 games are a must.

I don't see Monday being a problem. On paper it looks like being one of the most one sided games in the division all season. We've been resting since Thursday night, they still have to play today and their current form is poor.

I don't see Monday being a problem. On paper it looks like being one of the most one sided games in the division all season. We've been resting since Thursday night, they still have to play today and their current form is poor.

I bet that's what Norwich thought about last nights game. As it turned out they where right Tranmere probably haven't had an easier game all season:p