Stewards today

Footballfan

2 people in front of me today ask AP to shake it up a bit, he turned around and put his finger to his lips,when they went out at half time they were told that they had had a compliant from the tunnel about what they said, what's it comming too when you are not allowed to voice your views anymore.

A similar thing happened at Home Park at a game I was working at, someone was shouting at something at Paul Mariner (the Plum manager) and in the end about 12 stewards came to kick him out, which the whole stadium watched, and a fight ensued and spilled onto the pitch. All because a man who paid to be there was voicing his opinion... Football today is getting stupid.

This thread is brilliant. It started off with someone, we don't know who, complaining about a (however slight) dig at the manager, and all of a sudden Pardew was out on the p*ss the night before.

Was he???????...........you really shouldn't go around saying thigs like that!

i'm confused.....the thread title is Stewards Today,yeh?? I fail to see what issue you have with the Stewards for following up a complaint they had received from someone (regardless of who). Surely this is their job,no? Did they approach these people and say "oy lads, you either shut the f**k up or you'll be leaving ,you c***s " (in which case i could understand your comments) or did they say "listen lads, a complaint has been received from so n so and they've asked if you could just keep it down a bit" etc. I assume the OP couldn't verify WHAT was said, but thought he'd try and start a heated debate about it anyway...(presumably 1 lager-top too many,eh! :partyman:

Perhaps a different title might gain you more credibilty with the topic.....HTH

i'm confused.....the thread title is Stewards Today,yeh?? I fail to see what issue you have with the Stewards for following up a complaint they had received from someone (regardless of who). Surely this is their job,no? Did they approach these people and say "oy lads, you either shut the f**k up or you'll be leaving ,you c***s " (in which case i could understand your comments) or did they say "listen lads, a complaint has been received from so n so and they've asked if you could just keep it down a bit" etc. I assume the OP couldn't verify WHAT was said, but thought he'd try and start a heated debate about it anyway...(presumably 1 lager-top too many,eh! :partyman:

Perhaps a different title might gain you more credibilty with the topic.....HTH

It's OI!!!!...........not Oy :smt069

If Alan Pardew came and told me how to do my job I'd tell him to wind his neck in and take a hike, I'd expect similar if I tried to tell him his business as well - all in all, no real harm done, a none story, mountains out of mole hills etc, etc......

I hate these ridiculous stories.

Read the terms and cons on your ticket.

If a steward is mishandling you, call the police and have him arrested for assault.

If the club is breaking their agreement with you, sue them.

Otherwise, shut the f*** up.

If Alan Pardew came and told me how to do my job I'd tell him to wind his neck in and take a hike, I'd expect similar if I tried to tell him his business as well - all in all, no real harm done, a none story, mountains out of mole hills etc, etc......

bit different tbh!:rolleyes:

has the customer paid to watch you do your job?

no, but they are a CUSTOMER, and by definition PAY to buy the product/goods/services i'm making/providing , hence paying MY wages....no different , whatsoever

and do you pay to watch AP do his job? funny, coz most people pay to watch the team play football.......... but hey, different strokes etc

Edited by saint boggy

bit different tbh!:rolleyes:

Why, as far as I am aware there is normally only one qualified manager looking on from each team. The remainder are purely unqualified people voiceing (what they think is) a superior opinion - therefore, no different at all.

Yes you pay to watch the team, but it does not give you carte blanche to think that you know better. Could you fly the 747 better than the pilot that you paid, could you perform open heart surgery more competently than the surgeon that you hired?

Sometimes it's it better to let the professionals get on with it and just sit back and enjoy.

amoino.jpg

Considering the amount of bellyaching on here about criticism of team or manager, this doesnt surprise me.

Good point. I expect there is a direct correlation between the thrust of debate on here and the way stewards handle incidents etc at St Mary's.

The chap was a middle aged guy a few rows in front of me. He was very loud in telling Pards to shake it up, there were also a few shake it up hand gestures (nothing worse). Pards did react and politely put a finger to his lips as if to tel lthe guy to pipe down.

A few minutes later Lallana scored his first. Pards spun round immediately and shouted back at the guy in the crowd along the lines of "there you go, how's that?!".

Personally I thought the way Pards handled the initial loud winge was very dignified (as opposed to Burley a few years ago who effed his head off one afternoon at just about everyone in the crowd when they gave him stick) and I thought the passion shown by Pards when Lallana scored was brilliant.

The guy who shouted at Pards did pipe down and Pards did begin to shake the team up. So who won? The team.

I did see the stewards having a word with the chap at half time but it was well natured with lots of smiles from both sides.

No need to make a mountain out of a molehill. Also no need for uneccesary conjecture from anyone who didnt see it all take place.

Passionate fans, manager, owner and players are exactly what we need and it's what we've got at long last.

Beat this

We had a steward yesturday asking us to keep a meter gap between us in the concourse by one of the exits just in case there was a fire so that we could let everyone get by. Well i think if there was a fire and i was by the exit i would be the 1st to get out. What did he exspect that we would stand by and let everyone pass by and then leave, Very strange as we have been standing in the same place since the stadium was built and have never been asked for this before

A similar thing happened at Home Park at a game I was working at, someone was shouting at something at Paul Mariner (the Plum manager) and in the end about 12 stewards came to kick him out, which the whole stadium watched, and a fight ensued and spilled onto the pitch. All because a man who paid to be there was voicing his opinion... Football today is getting stupid.

Was there stewarding that day.

Mariner has now switched dugouts!

WTF!!

:smt104