Thought I'd share some Saints related info....

Marsdinho

Someone I work with has just had the following emailed to him, I thought it would be of interest to some of you....

"As you might know I sponsored one of the banners in town for the JPT Final.

On Wednesday my Dad and I went to St Mary's and the Matt Le Tissier suite to pick up the banner, meet a few famous faces and hold the cup.

Alan Pardew, Kelvin Davis, Dean Hammond and Rickie Lambert were in attendance.

AP spoke of his plans for next year, the fact that we all expect us to romp the league and the new pressure we will be under. He spoke of letting 5 or 6 go and getting new faces in that would compete in the Championship let alone the League One. He spoke about how pre-season this year will be vital and that on day one he will have a team raring to go. He never looked anything other than sure he was staying. He promised me that he would be staying.

He mentioned that Rickie was a fat boy when he arrived and ate loads and had a paunch and they had to retrain him to eat better and become an athlete. Must be something about our number 7's.

He praised Hammond and said that "He needs to work on his first touch or he won't be in the team".

He said "Kelvin is a true Saint. He could have left to go to West Ham and he said NO. Already down as Number 1 next year". Kelvin was such a nice man and I thanked him from all of us for his great performances and his loyalty".

I was shocked at how humble Rickie Lambert was. He was quiet, struggled to keep eye contact with me and said he wants at least one more goal to get to 30 league goals this year. He refused to say he was staying but said, "I love it here".

Dean Hammond said "I want to play at this club for the rest of my career and end it in the Premiership".

The club took all the photos and if I ever get them I will post them up.

All in all I managed to get AP to say he was staying which was superb. They all believe they can win the league next year and you could see they had fire in their bellys.

Frankly worth £500 sponsorship and I have the banner pride of place on my wall at work. All 6ft high of it :D "

Someone I work with has just had the following emailed to him, I thought it would be of interest to some of you....

On Wednesday my Dad and I went to St Mary's and the Matt Le Tissier suite to pick up the banner, meet a few famous faces and hold the cup.

AP spoke of his plans for next year, the fact that we all expect us to romp the league and the new pressure we will be under. He spoke of letting 5 or 6 go and getting new faces in that would compete in the Championship let alone the League One. He spoke about how pre-season this year will be vital and that on day one he will have a team raring to go. He never looked anything other than sure he was staying. He promised me that he would be staying.

He mentioned that Rickie was a fat boy when he arrived and ate loads and had a paunch and they had to retrain him to eat better and become an athlete. Must be something about our number 7's.

He praised Hammond and said that "He needs to work on his first touch or he won't be in the team".

He said "Kelvin is a true Saint. He could have left to go to West Ham and he said NO. Already down as Number 1 next year". Kelvin was such a nice man and I thanked him from all of us for his great performances and his loyalty".

I was shocked at how humble Rickie Lambert was. He was quiet, struggled to keep eye contact with me and said he wants at least one more goal to get to 30 league goals this year. He refused to say he was staying but said, "I love it here".

Dean Hammond said "I want to play at this club for the rest of my career and end it in the Premiership".

All in all I managed to get AP to say he was staying which was superb. They all believe they can win the league next year and you could see they had fire in their bellys.

Frankly worth £500 sponsorship and I have the banner pride of place on my wall at work. All 6ft high of it :D "

I wonder if AP has told Hammond that.

Worrying. . .

Damn, forgot about the whole text being in bold.

The Lambert bit where he refused to say he was staying is a bit worrying. . .

Just being sensible. I think he will be with us next year but you cannot exclude a big offer coming in for him. I think that Pardew has made him an even better player than he was, got him really fit and interest is inevitable. I think that his comment about loving it at Southampton is sincere but he cannot predict the future any more than the rest of us.

Unless someone offers silly money or Rickie wants to go to whoever made the bid, I think he will be here next season. I reckon its next season or bust for a lot of our better players. I think most of them will stay for the promotion push and if it unsuccessful then we will see the players like Lambert leave.

"I think most of them will stay for the promotion push and if it unsuccessful then we will see the players like Lambert leave".

I think we are all overlooking one important point in all this...... if these players cannot get us up next season then they should be moved on for others that can. They will never have a better opportunity to be part of a successful team, the resources on and off the field are going to be in place....THE PLAYERS HAVE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Lets be realistic. RL has improved leaps and bounds this season. He will know why that is, but he also seems the sort of bloke who "Gets It" and is enjoying himself.

He will also know that there is always January, so unless someone offers in the 4-6mil for him I believe he'll be here for the start of the season and if we do get off to the start that we all believe possible then why would he want to leave?

Nice OP Marsdinho, but one big mistake, you should have asked AP to come to the forum match and get some advice on how to be better for next year and check out some real quality players

Thank you my friend for a very encouraging report...

What a difference from every other season in my memory when we've worried which of the Big Clubs would come in for our players.

Finally we are a BIG CLUB - who would have believed it?

And the best bit, we seem to be the only ones who know it!!!

every f*cker who plays us next year will know it, thats the only thing that worries me. Most of our games are going to be somebodys cup final moment, especially at st marys

Lets be realistic. RL has improved leaps and bounds this season. He will know why that is, but he also seems the sort of bloke who "Gets It" and is enjoying himself.

He will also know that there is always January, so unless someone offers in the 4-6mil for him I believe he'll be here for the start of the season and if we do get off to the start that we all believe possible then why would he want to leave?

Nice OP Marsdinho, but one big mistake, you should have asked AP to come to the forum match and get some advice on how to be better for next year and check out some real quality players

Nice idea, Phil but I get the impression that NickH isn't a big AP fan so might not be wishing to dish out much advice ;)

I accept this position completely,

And think he will stay, but.... he is in his late 20's, and has pretty muched 'proven' his worth this season and people have upped and looked (weired how that happens as he did the same for a few seasons at BR)

If he gets the oppurtunity of regular footie at Prem level he will go, as will any of us if we are actually realistic about the position he finds himself in.

I think we are all overlooking one important point in all this...... if these players cannot get us up next season then they should be moved on for others that can. They will never have a better opportunity to be part of a successful team, the resources on and off the field are going to be in place....THE PLAYERS HAVE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Just the players? What about the manager?

Thank you my friend for a very encouraging report...

What a difference from every other season in my memory when we've worried which of the Big Clubs would come in for our players.

Finally we are a BIG CLUB - who would have believed it?

And the best bit, we seem to be the only ones who know it!!!

Are you having a laugh?

Interesting comment about Hammond - thought that Pards had his favs but good to know that nobody is untouchable. Since his return from injury (and even before it), doesn't really seem to have recaptured/maintained his earlier form for us.

Edited by shurlock

Unless someone offers silly money or Rickie wants to go to whoever made the bid, I think he will be here next season. I reckon its next season or bust for a lot of our better players. I think most of them will stay for the promotion push and if it unsuccessful then we will see the players like Lambert leave.

Totally agree with you,very succinctly put and a voice of common sense and levelheadedness. The issues have not changed at all, it is very unlikely any of the newcomers expected success in their first season here. If we end up next season in mid-table then it's a whole new ball game.

Niggling at the back of my mind is the new threat of the CCC breaking away from the FL and going it alone as a sort of Premier League Lights. We need to get back there fast to make sure if there is another huge cash bandwagon about to roll we are aboard. Nor can we expect Herr Liebherr to hang around for long if effectively LI and LII become even more disenfranchised fro the main action in England.

He caned Lambert for ages about his pregnant belly & love for pastry! Lol

It'll be good to shift out the dead wood despite Pardew not envying the job. Regardless of industry, if you're not up to scratch, you move on.