Lallana (Part II)

SamKimish

Ignoring this ridiculous thread, I thought I would start a positive and more factful thread on the best player on the pitch today.

It really showed how much the club means to him when he scored his 20th goal of the season. I don't know if anyone else noticed but Lallana wanted to take the penalty but Rickie wasn't having any of it and the upset showed as Lallana trudged back to our half slowly as the rest of team celebrated.

No one deserves the record of 20 goals from midfield more than Lallana. He has consistently been the player putting the most effort into the games for Saints throughout the season and I genuinely see a bright future for him at St. Mary's.

COYR! :D

Here here.

I don't know what truth there is in any speculation. So rather than add to it would like to voice my desire for him to stay and become an integral part of the future of our club. He has the potential to become a firm part of the history of this club, and I certainly hope he fulfils that potential both on the field and off.

Here here.

I don't know what truth there is in any speculation. So rather than add to it would like to voice my desire for him to stay and become an integral part of the future of our club. He has the potential to become a firm part of the history of this club, and I certainly hope he fulfils that potential both on the field and off.

So why mention it?

Brilliant player, brilliant season, still loads of potential. He and Rickie will fire us through the divisions, enough said! COYR

Adam had a quite excellent day today and was the prime difference between the teams in my opinion.

Strange that he was so poor last week and had to be subbed at half time (I was not there but the feedback was all very negative). Maybe just an off day and everyone is allowed one now and again.......

Lallana was quiet during the first half but he came into the game more in the second period.

Absolutely delighted that he notched his 20th goal of the campaign too, especially after Rickie refused to let him take the pen.

I'm in the 'Lallana will stay' camp and I think that today just shows how committed he is to Saints.

If Pardew was to go though, then I think the situation could be very different.

I left the game more concerned than before about Adam. He was superb today, clearly the best prospect in the league. He will have undoubtably attracted attention from bigger clubs, and I'm just a bit worried about how much he celebrated, how much he wanted a goal today, the way he wanted to take the penalty, it all just seemed that there was something special about scoring today, in a meaningless game. Why did he want to score today so much more than he seemed to in previous games? Then he seemed to walk a bit behind the other players when doing the lap. I'm probably reading too much into it, but I'm still a bit worried.

I left the game more concerned than before about Adam. He was superb today, clearly the best prospect in the league. He will have undoubtably attracted attention from bigger clubs, and I'm just a bit worried about how much he celebrated, how much he wanted a goal today, the way he wanted to take the penalty, it all just seemed that there was something special about scoring today, in a meaningless game. Why did he want to score today so much more than he seemed to in previous games? Then he seemed to walk a bit behind the other players when doing the lap. I'm probably reading too much into it, but I'm still a bit worried.

I imagine he was so desperate to score as he didn't want to end the season on 19 goals. 20 is a pretty massive milestone for a midfielder,espically at that age! I really hope he stays, he's come on leaps and bounds this season. Can't believe Wotte didn't rate him,what a fool!

I imagine he was so desperate to score as he didn't want to end the season on 19 goals. 20 is a pretty massive milestone for a midfielder,espically at that age! I really hope he stays, he's come on leaps and bounds this season. Can't believe Wotte didn't rate him,what a fool!

This, he was just delighted at reaching 20 goals.

1st midfielder since 94/95 to score 20 goals in a season

& 1st saints midfielder to score 17 league goals in a career since Neil Maddison

Fair point but the above two statistics were produced in top flight football, not poxy League 1, lallana is not fit to lace Maddisons boots and will never make it any higher than the standard he ios now!

didn't he get a massive bonus for scoring 20 goals - hence the huge celebration?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was on a goal bonus in these incentive-focused days.

That suggests that they fully intend to keep him at the club or else they would have pulled him and saved the bonus money. That sort of thing is not entirely unheard of at SFC. ;)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was on a goal bonus in these incentive-focused days.

That suggests that they fully intend to keep him at the club or else they would have pulled him and saved the bonus money. That sort of thing is not entirely unheard of at SFC. ;)

Lallana is on a Rupert Lowe style contract I think.

It was reported last season that he got quite a lot for each goal scored.

I think £3000 might have been mentioned but that's probably not quite right.

Lallana is on a Rupert Lowe style contract I think.

It was reported last season that he got quite a lot for each goal scored.

I think £3000 might have been mentioned but that's probably not quite right.

But the descriptions of his celebrations suggest that he may well have had a plateau bonus as well, don't you think?

But the descriptions of his celebrations suggest that he may well have had a plateau bonus as well, don't you think?

I think it's more the milestone TBH. Long after he's hung up his boots, he can tell his grand-kids that he scored 20 in a season, much more memorable than 19. I would imagine in AL's case it's akin to scoring a maiden century at cricket and not being stranded 99 not out.

Fair point but the above two statistics were produced in top flight football, not poxy League 1, lallana is not fit to lace Maddisons boots and will never make it any higher than the standard he ios now!

LOL. You talk some B0llocks.