Pardew and the season ahead

thorpie the sinner

It would be good to hear from Alan now that the rumours have been put to bed! It will be interesting to see if he is as bullish as NC. Makes you wonder where Echo, Mail, Solent got the sense of disquiet from and if it had any foundation at all. Maybe Pards was hacked off about criticism and let it be known in certain quarters. Probably won't ever come out but I am glad he is getting the chance to finish what he started. We can now look forward to a solid pre season and strengthening in the positions where we need real back up!

Calderon will be a great start and hopefully Stocky might still be on the radar to help Morgan out! I am officially excited about the year ahead and look forward to a season which will ultimately end in the success we crave!

Would love to released list sooner rather than later so we can really start planning for a bright future!

It would be good to hear from Alan now that the rumours have been put to bed! It will be interesting to see if he is as bullish as NC. Makes you wonder where Echo, Mail, Solent got the sense of disquiet from and if it had any foundation at all. Maybe Pards was hacked off about criticism and let it be known in certain quarters. Probably won't ever come out but I am glad he is getting the chance to finish what he started. We can now look forward to a solid pre season and strengthening in the positions where we need real back up!

Calderon will be a great start and hopefully Stocky might still be on the radar to help Morgan out! I am officially excited about the year ahead and look forward to a season which will ultimately end in the success we crave!

Would love to released list sooner rather than later so we can really start planning for a bright future!

More than anything, I'm looking forward to seeing us play a passing game.

I think NC does as well - long with the comments about the media, I definitely picked up from his statement a greater insistence that we combine results with a more attractive playing style.

I really don't agree with people who say we play mostly hoofball. Sure, the direct approach has been used at times this season, but we've also played some great stuff on the deck.

I agree, some of the play around the box has been excellent. Think people are being a bit harsh. We played passing football the season before, don't know if you noticed.

I really don't agree with people who say we play mostly hoofball. Sure, the direct approach has been used at times this season, but we've also played some great stuff on the deck.

I agree we have played some great stuff at times you need to be able to play a couple of different styles in this league and we can

TBF nearly every attack starts with kicking it up to Lambert' date=' which then results in him knocking it down and THEN good passing football.[/quote']

Well, not even nearly attack, but I take your point. There is a reason for knocking it upto to Lambert though, as inevitably, he'll win the first ball, accurately knock it down to a teammate, and suddenly we've gained 50 or 60 yards in a few seconds. It's reasonable form of attack.

Pards will know better than anyone that failure next season will result in him losing his job. To that end, I expect he'll be more willing to succeed, and will be enjoying the rollercoaster ride less than even the most bitter of Saints fans.

Well, not even nearly attack, but I take your point. There is a reason for knocking it upto to Lambert though, as inevitably, he'll win the first ball, accurately knock it down to a teammate, and suddenly we've gained 50 or 60 yards in a few seconds. It's reasonable form of attack.

bolton used to do the same..and I think blackburn now do this

it is generally called, long ball..or direct play

Maybe you should cut Lallana a bit of slack then? He is after all our best ball player.

It makes me laugh how we're debating how we're going to win this league and not if. That's arrogance for you and I thought we'd had it knocked out of us. First and foremost we need to win the game and if we can do that playing attractive football then great but in this division it's not always possible - I'll take an ugly win over pretty but pointless football.

yes, huddersfiled at home to mention one

TBF nearly every attack starts with kicking it up to Lambert' date=' which then results in him knocking it down and THEN good passing football.[/quote']

We have the best target man in League 1 so a direct approach is going to work. We mix it up well in my opinion, I'm not bothered with the style we play if it means getting out of this division. Pretty football is for the Premiership, you need to be able to mix it up in order to get out of the Football League usually.

First and foremost we need to win the game and if we can do that playing attractive football then great but in this division it's not always possible - I'll take an ugly win over pretty but pointless football.

Damn right but certain people, who think they are better coaches than AP, seem to believe the Dutch experiment we endured is the way forward as it's easy on the eye.

Work well last time after all.