For every "problem" there is a solution.....

MarkSFC

According to South Today the other night, about 10% of season tickets holders (of which they said there were 1300) last year paid in instalments.

In its self thats quite a few people and likely to be lower income people and families. I wholeheartedly agree that the club have to some degree let these people down.

The benefit to any fan is three things mainly; Convenience, "your seat", and cost. Anyone who wants this can do so at any point upto August 6th 2010.

If however you are currently not able to fork out either the £328 fee (I'll use stand seats for reference) by 30th June OR £391 by 6th August then you will have to pay in other ways.

On the basis of early renewal prices and subsequent renewal / new prices, it seems logical that any installment plan should carry a subsidy. If not, this actually penalises anyone who pays up front. If we carry the difference of £63 from early renewal to normal, any instalment plan should carry a levy of £63. If you added a %age levy for instalments it would be more expensive.

Therfore, the instalment option prices would now become;

Early Renewal - £391

Renewal/New - £454

The equivalent price per match is £14.26 (£328) ; £17 (£391); £19.74 (£454).

IF an instalment option was available and lets assume its spread over 6 payments with the first one upfront the plans would look something like this;

£391 (£328 on instal)

Upfront payment by 30th June - £91

5 x payments on 1st Aug/Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec - £60

Total required by 6th Aug (cut off date for STs) is £151 from 3 monthly pay packets. You will notice that I have actually said first instalment would be Aug 1st. In reality it could easily have been 1st July as if you renewed today, your first payment would be the following month July!! This would mean an outlay of £211 from 3 pay packets.

Therefore inessence anyone who takes out an instalment option would be paying an extra £63 to "spread pay" on either £177 or worse still £117!!

For a renewal or a new ST it would be something like this;

£454 (£391 on instal.)

Upfront payment by 6th Aug - £104

5 x payments on 1st Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan - £70

In this example if you renewed or bought new right at the last minute you would be paying £63 to "spread-pay" on £350. However, prior to Augusts payment you would have 2 months pay to put towards your ticket. So if you bought your new ST today you would effectively be paying £63 to "spread-pay" £210.

So, back to reality without instalment options,per ticket, most people would have to find "extra money" of either £117 or £177 between now and either 30th June or 6th Aug. Maybe not that out of the question?

If though come 7th Aug you are without ST but still wish to attend every game the price per ticket is £22. You quite rightly though lose the benefit of Convenience, "your seat", and cost.

Paying on a match-by-match basis equates to a levy of £5.74 compared to outright purchase of a £391 ST - or if in the example of instalments, a levy of £2.74 against the spread payment of £454.

This is all very fair indeed.

Then there is the "booking fee". Well there is a way around this too. Sometime before the first game of the season you pay a visit to SMS and purchase a ticket(s) for the first match and also as many future games as you can both afford and are on sale at the time. You then "top yourself up" with matchday ticket at your convenience when you are able to get to SMS even if it is only on a matchday. If you have to purchase your first ticket either in person on the day of the match, or via phone/web, then so be it.

Purchasing you tickets match by match in this way means that your total spend for the season will be £506 (max £509) which equates to £22 per game, a "levy" of £2.26 per game/£51.98 in total (compared to a £391 ticket on instalment) or in reality £5 per game/£115 in total.

So despite the understandable dismay at what is clearly an error of judgement, there are ways around this and to be blunt, its is very fair indeed.

Some may have read my post earlier in the week with a solution I put foraward to David Luker....

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=745335&postcount=215

I/we wait and see if this is rolled out. If it is, it is effectively a halfway house option that will save you money per game (£1.13 - £26 total) AND GUARANTEE YOUR SEAT...AND give you flexibility on the games you attend!

We will see what happens over the coming days with regard communication from the club but I would urge everyone to look at and digest these options. This season is quite possibly going to be the best one for many many years and I for one do not want to miss any if I can at all help it...do you???

Remember if as expected we are leading the league after even only half a dozen games, attendances will go above 25K and getting a seat you want will get harder and harder!!

Edited by MarkSFC

OK, so what you're saying is... stop f-ing complaining, b1tching and moaning about the club, because people need to take responsible control of their own finances and just need to find other credit options in the expectation that this season is going to be even better than last season?

Surely it's not that simple is it? ;)

OK, so what you're saying is... stop f-ing complaining, b1tching and moaning about the club, because people need to take responsible control of their own finances and just need to find other credit options in the expectation that this season is going to be even better than last season?

What a complete t0sser and internet warrior you are. It is people like you that sit and snipe from the safety of your PC which show just how retarded our support is.

How can you judge peoples from behind your PC? There is a million and one reasons people who might rely on a payment plan for a number of reasons.

You are another one of these clueless gimps that don't understand the definition 'Credit Crunch' and seem to think that you can pop down your local shop and pick up as many credit cards and loans as you want.

I had the funds to pay up front ( I wasn't going to as a matter of principle... for those of you who have acted all high and mighty about being super financial heads, how's about this....

Last seasons interest free installment plan is actually the most economic way of paying for your season ticket.

What a complete t0sser and internet warrior you are. It is people like you that sit and snipe from the safety of your PC which show just how retarded our support is.

How can you judge peoples from behind your PC? There is a million and one reasons people who might rely on a payment plan for a number of reasons.

You are another one of these clueless gimps that don't understand the definition 'Credit Crunch' and seem to think that you can pop down your local shop and pick up as many credit cards and loans as you want.

And this is person who expects all other posters to debate matters in a civil manner?!?! Not sure why you feel the need to get personal, however I think a look in the mirror would be wise before accusing others of the above - after you've wiped the spittle off it of course.

I had the funds to pay up front ( I wasn't going to as a matter of principle... for those of you who have acted all high and mighty about being super financial heads, how's about this....

Last seasons interest free installment plan is actually the most economic way of paying for your season ticket.

If you have the funds to pay up front why don't you? Is it because you feel you need to make a point about something to big yourself up on an internet forum? Do you want to form an army of protestors to storm SMS? Err, what exactly is your plan - not attend games in protest?

The most economic option is not to buy any ticket thus not spend any money. I don't actually believe there are too many that will exercise that option frankly and even the low % disgruntled now will be flocking back when we win the league, because that's the nature of the things.

And this is person who expects all other posters to debate matters in a civil manner?!?! Not sure why you feel the need to get personal, however I think a look in the mirror would be wise before accusing others of the above - after you've wiped the spittle off it of course.

If you have the funds to pay up front why don't you? Is it because you feel you need to make a point about something to big yourself up on an internet forum? Do you want to form an army of protestors to storm SMS? Err, what exactly is your plan - not attend games in protest?

The most economic option is not to buy any ticket thus not spend any money. I don't actually believe there are too many that will exercise that option frankly and even the low % disgruntled now will be flocking back when we win the league, because that's the nature of the things.

It's none of your business my financial affairs to be honest and what I decide to do.

A large number of my friends cannot now renew their season tickets, which is one reason why I will not be renewing, I have also had an unexpected expense in the last couple of days so even if I wanted to renew, I couldn't now.

I am making a point and a very valid one that the club is bullying people out of buying season tickets and the excuse/reason they have give is a LIE... that is a FACT... I have proven it beyond doubt.

As for me, I will do away games as normal and make sure I go to less than 10 home games so the club don't recoup the money they would have had off me from a season ticket.

It's none of your business my financial affairs to be honest and what I decide to do.

A large number of my friends cannot now renew their season tickets, which is one reason why I will not be renewing, I have also had an unexpected expense in the last couple of days so even if I wanted to renew, I couldn't now.

I am making a point and a very valid one that the club is bullying people out of buying season tickets and the excuse/reason they have give is a LIE... that is a FACT... I have proven it beyond doubt.

As for me, I will do away games as normal and make sure I go to less than 10 home games so the club don't recoup the money they would have had off me from a season ticket.

You will possibly find this being quoted back to you as the season progresses! I have no problem with it, but only make these statements if you are willing to stick by them.

Or do you reserve the right to change your mind!

No matter if we go on good cup & league runs! ;)

You will possibly find this being quoted back to you as the season progresses! I have no problem with it, but only make these statements if you are willing to stick by them.

Or do you reserve the right to change your mind!

No matter if we go on good cup & league runs! ;)

If I cannot get the money together for a season ticket paid up front then I will go to less than 10 games next season, not just to prove a point, but I wouldn't want to go to any more than that anyway.

Take midweek games out - 5 games at least.

Take New Years or Boxing Day games out - 1 game.

Take games out when I have weddings/holidays/other commitments out - 4 games.

Take dull and boring games out early on in the season - 2 games.

Take TV Games out - 2 games

There's 14 games that I wouldn't justify spending my money on if I didn't have a season ticket and was paying match by match.

The thing is with season tickets is that it almost makes you feel obliged to go. I still miss 3 or 4 games a season anyway due to other commitments, but paying on a match by match basis, I don't think I would be @rsed with them games, especially as I was to do all/most away games next season.

Im surprised only 1,300 people signed up for the installment plan last time. Im now a bit more sympathetic to David Lukers scrapping of it.

I'd reckon the substantial majority will find a way to pay up front - and a good number of those who don't will spend about the same on a match-by-match basis.

The club might make a total loss of only £10,000 or so by scrapping the plan, and this could well be offset by admin costs (Saints staff having to chase late payers; having to send reminder letters that your seat will be withdrawn if you dont bring payments up-to-date etc; finding a way to actually confiscate season tickets from those who have missed payments etc etc etc).

Im surprised only 1,300 people signed up for the installment plan last time. Im now a bit more sympathetic to David Lukers scrapping of it.

I'd reckon the substantial majority will find a way to pay up front - and a good number of those who don't will spend about the same on a match-by-match basis.

The club might make a total loss of only £10,000 or so by scrapping the plan, and this could well be offset by admin costs (Saints staff having to chase late payers; having to send reminder letters that your seat will be withdrawn if you dont bring payments up-to-date etc; finding a way to actually confiscate season tickets from those who have missed payments etc etc etc).

I don't honestly believe that only 1,300 signed up for it, I would imagine it to be a larger number, but I guess we will have to go with what the club says.

As for costs... I have detailed them all in the other thread.

They made a loss last season because they ran their own installment facility.

I would also like to know if you use gold plated paper? £10,000 in costs for sending a dozen letters out it bloody expensive!

If you are going to most away games, you can afford a season ticket, but choosing not to do so - why get so agressive about it? Most of us have choices on where our priorities lie financially. If you are that strapped that it's a choice of paying your rent or buying a ST, its probably best not to buy one anyway. But there are some people who come on this site boasting about how many pints they've had before a game then say they can't afford a ST - it's a questions of choice, just don't expect other people to get upset about your "predicament".

I don't honestly believe that only 1,300 signed up for it, I would imagine it to be a larger number, but I guess we will have to go with what the club says.

As for costs... I have detailed them all in the other thread.

They made a loss last season because they ran their own installment facility.

I would also like to know if you use gold plated paper? £10,000 in costs for sending a dozen letters out it bloody expensive!

Just because 1300 people signed up last year does not mean that 1300 will not renew. Some people prefer to spread payments others (myself included) prefer to pay up front.

This is being run as a business i.e. maximise income to ensure we can afford the best. Strange for a football club, I know.

Don't forget it's not only the installment plan that may hamper people at this time of year, the withdrawal of Half Season Tickets (reducing the initial outlay to 2 more manageable sums for families etc) may well also have a big say in people not renewing.

Shame all of this has taken a bit of gloss off the feel good factor we should all be experiencing as we look forward to the new season.

Don't forget it's not only the installment plan that may hamper people at this time of year, the withdrawal of Half Season Tickets (reducing the initial outlay to 2 more manageable sums for families etc) may well also have a big say in people not renewing.

Shame all of this has taken a bit of gloss off the feel good factor we should all be experiencing as we look forward to the new season.

The removal of the half-season tickets is about as blatant as you get as saying " I don't want season ticket holders " . I beg anyone to differ.

The removal of the half-season tickets is about as blatant as you get as saying " I don't want season ticket holders " . I beg anyone to differ.

Agreed my overweight, hunch backed friend. If we are as rich as some people think then maybe we dont need the cash in the bank from season tickets and they are gambling on people still going but paying game by game. Fact is we will have decent crowds this season if the expected title push materialises reagrdless of the amount of season ticket holders. 30,000 people with 20,000 of them paying £25 is more ££ in the bank than 30,000 with 10,000 of them paying £25 a game. Less season ticket holders + same crowds = more profit over the course of the season.

TBF I completely agree with Stu on this one, he has even gone to the troucle of researching for an alternative option for the club, which does prove they lied.

And FWIW I as well as my 7 friends I go with were planning to use the instalment plan this year due to finances and such, and due to the late notice of withdrawal, only 2 are getting one.

I won't be purposely avoiding games, but i can see myself following the same structure as stu, attending only 9 or 10 home games.

I am another who through the short notice has not been able to renew. Worse still is the fact that youngest is 5yo next month and she had been promised one. So me my 11yo 6 and 4yo's are now going to have to go without. next season if we have done well it will be harder as the prices will almost certainly be upped.

I shall simply have to pray that i am still healthy enough after next season to be able to go to games. Last season I missed 6 games through my illness, but I have always intended to go as often as my body allows.

The club is restricting my possibilities this season. As I have said before, the one thing that concerns me is the future fans of our club. If they come from the poor section of the fanbase does that mean we no longer want them?

The removal of the instalment plan and half-season tickets are further disincentives to buying in advance. I shall renew my two seats because they are in a great position, but one is not used very often and I would expect to miss between 6 and 8 games over the season so it would be hard to justify the outlay if I were a bit srapped for cash.

The choice is always yours to make regarding purchasing a season ticket or not. Equally it is the clubs choice on how they price and market their product. IF the club had announced in March/April that the instalment plan would not have be available for 2010/11 would that really have stopped you all moaning? Of course not. Maybe if all those who paid by that method last season had "put aside" the equivalent monthly installment from Jan (or whenever the plan finished) then maybe you wouldn't be in the position you feel you are in.

The only people I feel sorry for are those with 2 or 3 kids in the family who all go.

Everyone else, get real and shut the **** up you chavs.

The choice is always yours to make regarding purchasing a season ticket or not. Equally it is the clubs choice on how they price and market their product. IF the club had announced in March/April that the instalment plan would not have be available for 2010/11 would that really have stopped you all moaning? Of course not. Maybe if all those who paid by that method last season had "put aside" the equivalent monthly installment from Jan (or whenever the plan finished) then maybe you wouldn't be in the position you feel you are in.

The only people I feel sorry for are those with 2 or 3 kids in the family who all go.

LMAO

Why would anyone who has paid by the installments put money aside to pay by installments, especially as the supporters charter promises to consult fans about any changes etc...

Everyone who relies on the installment plan is a chav now?

What a **** and example of our retarded support you are.

LMAO

Why would anyone who has paid by the installments put money aside to pay by installments, especially as the supporters charter promises to consult fans about any changes etc...

Everyone who relies on the installment plan is a chav now?

What a **** and example of our retarded support you are.

LOL! Could have put money on you biting!!

If I'm retarded god help the majority!

By the way, it's called budgeting...something that steroetypically a "chav" probably doesn't manage.

I wish Leibherr would sack Cortese and employ you because I reckon you would be a great Chairman for SFC.......or was that just a retarded comment?!!!

LOL! Could have put money on you biting!!

If I'm retarded god help the majority!

By the way, it's called budgeting...something that steroetypically a "chav" probably doesn't manage.

I wish Leibherr would sack Cortese and employ you because I reckon you would be a great Chairman for SFC.......or was that just a retarded comment?!!!

Do you not get that ever since we moved to St Marys there has been an installment plan.

So why would someone budget £400 when they know that they only need to budget £70 a month...

I budgeted, I budgeted £70 a month, as did many people. Why would we budget anything else when the installment plan has always been here at St Marys?

That is the bit some of you really don't grasp.

I suggest you take your head out of your arse and look up the definition of chav.

Have you budgeted to pay your council tax a year in advance by the end of this month?

So they should have put aside money for something they've never had to put aside money for even though there was no indication that they now needed to put aside that money?

Do you not get that ever since we moved to St Marys there has been an installment plan.

So why would someone budget £400 when they know that they only need to budget £70 a month...

I budgeted, I budgeted £70 a month, as did many people. Why would we budget anything else when the installment plan has always been here at St Marys?

I suggest you take your head out of your arse and look up the definition of chav.

Have you budgeted to pay your council tax a year in advance by the end of

this month?

If you expected the instalment plan this season and probably starting in may or June then where is your budgeted money? If you saved your "instalment" in the months when a payment was not due you would now be in a position to pay outright for your ST. If you choose to spend your £70 a month in something else then that's your choice and your fault if you know don't have £328 for a new ST. Blaming the club for your inability to save a measly £328 this year when for 6 months you could afford £70 for your ST is pathetic.

Your reference to the council tax us slightly flawed as everyone HAS to pay that. You don't have to buy a ST if you can't afford it.

I want to go to Australia for 6 weeks in Nov/Dec but unless I can pay in instalments for my flights and hotels and Ashes tickets I doubt I"ll be going.

Or I could put it on a new interest free credit card and pay it off that way......

I await your infantile condemnation of my logic as getting personal rather than intellectually debating points is your chav way (anti-social bully).

If you expected the instalment plan this season and probably starting in may or June then where is your budgeted money? If you saved your "instalment" in the months when a payment was not due you would now be in a position to pay outright for your ST. If you choose to spend your £70 a month in something else then that's your choice and your fault if you know don't have £328 for a new ST. Blaming the club for your inability to save a measly £328 this year when for 6 months you could afford £70 for your ST is pathetic.

Your reference to the council tax us slightly flawed as everyone HAS to pay that. You don't have to buy a ST if you can't afford it.

So they should have put aside money for something they've never had to put aside money for even though there was no indication that they now needed to put aside that money?

Unlike you I won't bother repeating myself.....I refer you to all my posts on this thread.

But the "its people's own fault for not taking responsible control of their own finances" argument doesn't wash does it because people had every reason to expect they would be able to pay in instalments and thus had no grounds to budget for paying for their ticket upfront.

So no its not that simple is it.

I want to go to Australia for 6 weeks in Nov/Dec but unless I can pay in instalments for my flights and hotels and Ashes tickets I doubt I"ll be going.

Or I could put it on a new interest free credit card and pay it off that way......

I await your infantile condemnation of my logic as getting personal rather than intellectually debating points is your chav way (anti-social bully).

No, the council tax example is completely relevent as whether you HAVE to pay it or not is irrelevent.

You are trying to suggest that people should have saved up the full season ticket cost just incase the installment plan that has always been there was removed.

Do you save up the full amount of your council tax, just incase they remove the installment facility?

Infact thinking about it, by your logic and the fact you HAVE to pay your council tax should mean that you've got a grand tucked away in a savings account tagged 'council tax' - just incase they decide to remove the installent plan?

Yes?

Have you budgeted to pay your council tax a year in advance by the end of this month?

Just out of interest do you still pay for private healthcare Stu? i seem to remember you posting how you pay for this, being so well paid etc in the past.....

Just out of interest do you still pay for private healthcare Stu? i seem to remember you posting how you pay for this, being so well paid etc in the past.....

Is that really relevent?

BUT, for the record, I do... and guess what... I pay for the annual premiums by installments.

Who'd have thought it eh?

I think you are clutching at straws... enlighten me.

sorry to butt in, but, if you budget £70 a month say starting in july, can you not just keep putting the money aside then buying on a match by match basis, you're always gonna be in front with the money vs games, you'll just have to phone up for your tickets or whatever, pain in the ass i know but still do-able?

sorry to butt in' date=' but, if you budget £70 a month say starting in july, can you not just keep putting the money aside then buying on a match by match basis, you're always gonna be in front with the money vs games, you'll just have to phone up for your tickets or whatever, pain in the ass i know but still do-able?[/quote']

No.

Because...

a) It will end up costing you up to £240 more for the year. ( which is why the club have forced people out of Season Tickets )

b) You won't get any priority on away games.

c) You won't get to sit with your other STH friends.

Is that really relevent?

BUT, for the record, I do... and guess what... I pay for the annual premiums by installments.

Who'd have thought it eh?

I think you are clutching at straws... enlighten me.

Well you were talking about budgeting for football....... and people struggling to budget etc which is all very well but most people don't pay for private healthcare.

Well you were talking about budgeting for football....... and people struggling to budget etc which is all very well but most people don't pay for private healthcare.

This has to be the funniest response EVER.

So what you are saying is that I should cancel my private healthcare to get a season ticket?

:lol:

Our support gets more and more retarded* by the second.

* I know I use that word lots, but that sums up our support. RETARDED

Edited by StuRomseySaint

No, the council tax example is completely relevent as whether you HAVE to pay it or not is irrelevent.

You are trying to suggest that people should have saved up the full season ticket cost just incase the installment plan that has always been there was removed.

Do you save up the full amount of your council tax, just incase they remove the installment facility?

Infact thinking about it, by your logic and the fact you HAVE to pay your council tax should mean that you've got a grand tucked away in a savings account tagged 'council tax' - just incase they decide to remove the installent plan?

Yes?

If my ST cost me £1200 then I would certainly hope that there would be an instalment plan. The fact is it's less than a third of that and hugely affordable. I think you need to fully understand my OP as you clearly miss the point. It just suits you by all accounts to pay for most things "on instalments" and therefore if someone dares to change that you cry. Tough luck.

Out of interest, and at risk of actually repeating myself, fir the months you "paid instalments" what did you go without to pay for them? And in the months you didn't have to pay instalments what did you do with the money?

In regard the council tax question, if the council decided to withdraw monthly payments it would effect tens of thousands of people rather than a few hundred Saints fans in this case. And because you do not seem to have understood the OP, you still do have the option to pay in instalments for your tickets on a match by match basis.

This has to be the funniest response EVER.

So what you are saying is that I should cancel my private healthcare to get a season ticket?

:lol:

Our support gets more and more retarded* by the second.

* I know I use that word lots, but that sums up our support. RETARDED

Speaks the openly racist w@nker

Oh I can see. You've tried really hard, bless, and it was a good try, but not quite good enough.

Still, when you've grown up and left home you'll be better and stronger for trying.

Patronising and condesending in one post, congratulations, you must feel very smug. You do lack the ability to add to the debate through facts or even just opinion using rationale.

Keep throwing your vacumous posts..... one day maybe you will contribute something worthwhile.

If my ST cost me £1200 then I would certainly hope that there would be an instalment plan. The fact is it's less than a third of that and hugely affordable. I think you need to fully understand my OP as you clearly miss the point. It just suits you by all accounts to pay for most things "on instalments" and therefore if someone dares to change that you cry. Tough luck.

Out of interest, and at risk of actually repeating myself, fir the months you "paid instalments" what did you go without to pay for them? And in the months you didn't have to pay instalments what did you do with the money?

In regard the council tax question, if the council decided to withdraw monthly payments it would effect tens of thousands of people rather than a few hundred Saints fans in this case. And because you do not seem to have understood the OP, you still do have the option to pay in instalments for your tickets on a match by match basis.

Can't be bothered to say anything... you lost me when you said £400 is hugely affordable.

Yet another internet c*ntface who gets his kicks out of flexing his financial muscle from the safety of his PC.

You are completely out of touch with reality if you think that a sudden £400 to be paid within is "hugely affordable" to a very large number of Saints fans... especially when they have been given not the slightest clue that this would be needed to pay.

You're a little cyber c*nt... end of..

Speaks the openly racist w@nker

Has that got anything to do with your retarded suggestion that someone should cancel their healthcare to allow them to buy a season ticket?

Has it got anything to do with it? Yes.

Have you been pwned and now feeling a bit silly? I think so.

According to South Today the other night, about 10% of season tickets holders (of which they said there were 1300) last year paid in instalments.

In its self thats quite a few people and likely to be lower income people and families. I wholeheartedly agree that the club have to some degree let these people down.

The benefit to any fan is three things mainly; Convenience, "your seat", and cost. Anyone who wants this can do so at any point upto August 6th 2010.

If however you are currently not able to fork out either the £328 fee (I'll use stand seats for reference) by 30th June OR £391 by 6th August then you will have to pay in other ways.

On the basis of early renewal prices and subsequent renewal / new prices, it seems logical that any installment plan should carry a subsidy. If not, this actually penalises anyone who pays up front. If we carry the difference of £63 from early renewal to normal, any

instalment plan should carry a levy of £63. If you added a %age levy for instalments it would be more expensive.

Therfore, the instalment option prices would now become;

Early Renewal - £391

Renewal/New - £454

The equivalent price per match is £14.26 (£328) ; £17 (£391); £19.74 (£454).

IF an instalment option was available and lets assume its spread over 6 payments with the first one upfront the plans would look something like this;

£391 (£328 on instal)

Upfront payment by 30th June - £91

5 x payments on 1st Aug/Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec - £60

Total required by 6th Aug (cut off date for STs) is £151 from 3 monthly pay packets. You will notice that I have actually said first instalment would be Aug 1st. In reality it could easily have been 1st July as if you renewed today, your first payment would be the following

month July!! This would mean an outlay of £211 from 3 pay packets.

Therefore inessence anyone who takes out an instalment option would be paying an extra £63 to "spread pay" on either £177 or worse still £117!!

For a renewal or a new ST it would be something like this;

£454 (£391 on instal.)

Upfront payment by 6th Aug - £104

5 x payments on 1st Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan - £70

In this example if you renewed or bought new right at the last minute you would be paying £63 to "spread-pay" on £350. However, prior to Augusts payment you would have 2 months

pay to put towards your ticket. So if you bought your new ST today you would effectively be paying £63 to "spread-pay" £210.

So, back to reality without instalment options,per ticket, most people would have to find "extra money" of either £117 or £177 between now and either 30th June or 6th Aug. Maybe not that out of the question?

If though come 7th Aug you are without ST but still wish to attend every game the price per ticket is £22. You quite rightly though lose the benefit of Convenience, "your seat", and cost.

Paying on a match-by-match basis equates to a levy of £5.74 compared to outright purchase of a £391 ST - or if in the example of instalments, a levy of £2.74 against the spread payment of £454.

This is all very fair indeed.

Then there is the "booking fee". Well there is a way around this too. Sometime before the first game of the season you pay a visit to SMS and purchase a ticket(s) for the first match and also as many future games as you can both afford and are on sale at the time. You then "top yourself up" with matchday ticket at your convenience when you are able to get to

SMS even if it is only on a matchday. If you have to purchase your first ticket either in person on the day of the match, or via phone/web, then so be it.

Purchasing you tickets match by match in this way means that your total spend for the season will be £506 (max £509) which equates to £22 per game, a "levy" of £2.26 per

game/£51.98 in total (compared to a £391 ticket on instalment) or in reality £5 per game/£115 in total.

So despite the understandable dismay at what is clearly an error of judgement, there are

ways around this and to be blunt, its is very fair indeed.

Some may have read my post earlier in the week with a solution I put foraward to David Luker....

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=745335&postcount=215

I/we wait and see if this is rolled out. If it is, it is effectively a halfway house option that will save you money per game (£1.13 - £26 total) AND GUARANTEE YOUR SEAT...AND give you flexibility on the games you attend!l

We will see what happens over the coming days with regard communication from the club but I would urge everyone to look at and digest these options. This season is quite possibly going to be the best one for many many years and I for one do not want to miss any if I can at all help it...do you???

Remember if as expected we are leading the league after even only half a dozen games, attendances will go above 25K and getting a seat you want will get harder and harder!!

What a boring chump you are.

Has that got anything to do with your retarded suggestion that someone should cancel their healthcare to allow them to buy a season ticket?

Has it got anything to do with it? Yes.

Have you been pwned and now feeling a bit silly? I think so.

Watching Saints is not good for your health.

Maybe it would give you more time to spend time with on EDL marches with the other retards? if you are not attending games.

Can't be bothered to say anything... you lost me when you said £400 is hugely affordable.

Yet another internet c*ntface who gets his kicks out of flexing his financial muscle from the safety of his PC.

You are completely out of touch with reality if you think that a sudden £400 to be paid within is "hugely affordable" to a very large number of Saints fans... especially when they have been given not the slightest clue that this would be needed to pay.

You're a little cyber c*nt... end of..

I'm not the one hiding behind his pc. You are unbelievably niaive. I actually hope that the instalment plan never returns so that people like you never get aST again. St Marys would be a better place without you.

And if you think "flexing my financial muscle" is why I have posted this thread and said what I have then you couldn't be further from the truth.

Why if that's all I wanted to do would I have taken the time and initiative to put forward "a compromise solution" to the club??