Asturius Sports

pedg

I believe Dr Warner was an assistant doctor working at SMS but left during the Burley era.
Don't see any big business names amongst the group. A bit of a worry really. I can't see this lot delivering a sucessful takeover that will please us fans. Hope I'm proved wrong.

Yet again, it is rumour central at St Marys, all detracting from the football! Have any of the main media outlets put their heads on the block yet? haven't seen anything personall, just wondered if there is any serious credibility attached to rumours? As it stands, JF is just being invited to alot of games in directors box etc. any one got an idea of what would be seen as a definite sign, announcement of talks being reopened to stock exchange or something else?

Yet again, it is rumour central at St Marys, all detracting from the football! Have any of the main media outlets put their heads on the block yet? haven't seen anything personall, just wondered if there is any serious credibility attached to rumours? As it stands, JF is just being invited to alot of games in directors box etc. any one got an idea of what would be seen as a definite sign, announcement of talks being reopened to stock exchange or something else?

Announcements to the LSE can generally be regarded as a sign that something will happen.

Announcements on the Saints Forum / Web / any other innernet foreham can generally be regarded as ******.

Is this the same Edmund Whelan mentioned above?? Does this make Trousers redundant as chief yacht-spotter??

http://www.planning-inspectorate.gov.uk/bathsidebay/documents/PT6.pdf

"My name is Edmund Whelan and I am the RYA Deputy Chief Executive and

Manager of the RYA Legal and Government Affairs Department. I am a

barrister by profession. Through my employment with the RYA I have

acquired extensive knowledge of the interaction of harbour and port

developments and recreational boating and the potential impact upon

participation in the sport of sailing."

Interesting article ref Marina's and watersports development

Fishing for the best prices

Scott Gormley, Mail on Sunday

29 November 2000

Mark Wayman loves trawling for money. And he knows where £90m of it sank without trace last year. The cash could have gone to 60,000 endowment policyholders - but they did not know it was there, just waiting to be netted.

Wayman, an independent broker in the traded endowment policies market, says: 'I talk to many people who surrendered policies to their insurance companies and lost sizeable sums because they had not heard of TEPs.'

After 27 years as an independent financial adviser, he set up his own company, Endowment Surrender Plus, 15 months ago. 'I'd known about trading endowments for some time, but I came into the business when a client wanted to sell a policy,' says Wayman, 47. 'I was astounded at the difference between offers and recognised the need for someone who could fish for the best prices. Now that is the only thing I do.'

The whole business of selling and buying with-profits endowment policies began more than 150 years ago. As recently as 1989, total turnover was only £5m - but last year the TEPs market was worth more than £400m, and it continues to boom. In contrast, new endowment policies are becoming as rare as North Sea cod because of past misselling scandals and, more recently, warnings of shortfalls in maturity values.

Despite the success of the TEPs market, one industry estimate is that only about one in three suitable policies is offered for sale. Up to £700m worth of potentially tradeable policies are surrendered to the insurance companies that issued them. Every year, about 60,000 people surrender policies and miss the chance to sell them for an average of up to £1,500 more.

Selling a policy keeps it a tradeable asset. The advantage to a buyer is that as long as they go on paying the premiums, they hold an endowment with start-up costs already paid, and the full benefits when it matures.

From his office in Macclesfield, Cheshire, Wayman sends details of endowments that clients want to sell to 15 members of the Association of Policy Market Makers and the Association of Policy Traders to find the best prices. His commission, usually 3%,is paid by marketmakers, who also pay all the legal and administration fees.

Wayman admits that not every surrender value can be beaten. But he says that between 10% and 40% more is achievable on most offers - and on some policies the gain can be more than 70%.

'It's all down to pure mathematics and common sense,' he says. 'The sum assured is guaranteed and so is the bonus to date. The only risks are in future reversionary bonuses and the terminal bonus, which can make up more than 60% of a policy's maturity value. That's why surrender value is rarely the true value.'

http://www.endowmentsurrenderplus.co.uk/

http://www.creditgate.com/companysearch/BECQUE+WAYMAN+INVESTMENTS+LIMITED.aspx

The secondary endowment market is so 1990's. Viatical Settlements are the future.

Didn't NOTW float a bit about Shearer yesterday? Sky mentioned the media.

There are rumours, however with the exception of hostile takeovers, most takeovers are a done deal before publication.

West bank of the Itchen redevelopment could be the motive but now hardly seems the time to get into property development or borrowing large lumps of money. Phil and Weston for me are nearer the mark. Put me down as a sceptic.

So it looks (to me at any rate) like these guys have formed this company with the intention of taking saints over. It's been formed relatively recently so it looks like something is going on.

Agreed,but i think there is someone else connected to this consortium/company that really has substantial financial clout,and getting this person fully commited and "onboard" has been the stumbling block.

But what do i know,wishful thinking perhaps.

Agreed,but i think there is someone else connected to this consortium/company that really has substantial financial clout,and getting this person fully commited and "onboard" has been the stumbling block.

But what do i know,wishful thinking perhaps.

Probably, but then that's slightly concerning. If they're having trouble it suggests that the person isn't 100 percent committed and also (if the rumours are to be believed) that the football club will not be first on the agenda. I wouldn't like to be in a situation where we have a wealthy backer who cares more about development of the area than saints.

A shell company has registered a name change, hardly ground breaking news.

Don't be a simpleton. Look at the company directors and what is being reported on Sky and other media sources. It is clear that the intention is for this company to be utilised in some way to takeover the club. Whether they have funds in place to pull it off is another matter.

Is this the same Edmund Whelan mentioned above?? Does this make Trousers redundant as chief yacht-spotter??

Nice spot there.

The waterfront area and the inustrial units aroud st marys are prime for development into a Hythe type marina. Obviously the great unwashed from the slums of St Marys will need clearing and Albion Towers is in need of a ball and chain, but looking to the future run down parts of Liverpools and Londons docklands have become affluent and the yachtty types would flock to a trendy city with a double high tide.

Don't be a simpleton. Look at the company directors and what is being reported on Sky and other media sources. It is clear that the intention is for this company to be utilised in some way to takeover the club. Whether they have funds in place to pull it off is another matter.

And yet it was reported on teh tellybox that Fulthorpe was putting a bid together to buy SFC 6 months ago, and look what happened then.

And I'm the simpleton?

All that glitters isn't always gold.

Edited by Weston Super Saint

And yet it was reported on teh tellybox that Fulthorpe was putting a bid together to buy SFC 6 months ago, and look what happened then.

And I'm the simpleton?

All that glitters isn't always gold.

But I haven't said it's going to happen have I! FFS read my comments before replying.

And I'm the simpleton?

17/07/2008 DIRECTOR APPOINTED DAVID ROBERT MERRINGTON

Whether it comes off or not i don't know, but the date above shows that the company has been pro-active in recently in appointing Dave Merrington.

Dave Merrington is a Saints man through and through. I can't see him getting involved in something that's not got legs.

Whether it comes off or not i don't know, but the date above shows that the company has been pro-active in recently in appointing Dave Merrington.

Dave Merrington is a Saints man through and through. I can't see him getting involved in something that's not got legs.

Along with an old club doctor and two men who have consistently been linked with a saints takeover. Nope, nothing going on at all :rolleyes:

Probably, but then that's slightly concerning. If they're having trouble it suggests that the person isn't 100 percent committed and also (if the rumours are to be believed) that the football club will not be first on the agenda. I wouldn't like to be in a situation where we have a wealthy backer who cares more about development of the area than saints.

Perhaps the person was looking towards another football club,let's say Newcastle for arguments sake,and has been for sometime,that now has not come to fruition for whatever reason, perhaps Shearer turned down the mangerial position and that was the deal breaker ;) coupled with other stumbling blocks.

So now he turns his eye to another club,SFC perhaps,not such a initial outlay of funds,not that should really be a concern,plus perhaps the developement of areas and a Yachty connection could be far more an exciting and viable option.....oh and Shearer would be willing to take his first steps into coaching/management;).

Perhaps the person was looking towards another football club,let's say Newcastle for arguments sake,and has been for sometime,that now has not come to fruition for whatever reason, perhaps Shearer turned down the mangerial position and that was the deal breaker ;) coupled with other stumbling blocks.

So now he turns his eye to another club,SFC perhaps,not such a initial outlay of funds,not that should really be a concern,plus perhaps the developement of areas and a Yachty connection could be far more an exciting and viable option.....oh and Shearer would be willing to take his first steps into coaching/management;).

Sounds better than my scenario at any rate! I'm going to go with yours :D

The same Dave Merrington that played for Burnley, then Bristol City, but granted he spent a whole season in charge of SFC before being sacked :rolleyes:

By that reckoning Ian Branfoot is Saints through and through.

The same Dave Merrington that played for Burnley, then Bristol City, but granted he spent a whole season in charge of SFC before being sacked :rolleyes:

By that reckoning Ian Branfoot is Saints through and through.

Care to comment on his entire post rather than pick up on one point which is insignificant to the point of the post?

Care to comment on his entire post rather than pick up on one point which is insignificant to the point of the post?

The rest of his post stated that a shell company has appointed a new director! Again hardly groundbreaking news is it?

Perhaps if it said something to link Merrington directly to Saints it might be worth commenting on, just like this article.....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/latest/2008/03/12/dave-merrington-89520-20348411/

Oh, but that was back in March wasn't it, and what has happened since?

What were you were implying then, with 'it looks like something is going on'?

Were you suggesting they were coming to do the laundry?

Dave Merrington has recently been appointed a director of Asturius Sports which happens to have an ex saints doctor amongst others. Something has happened.

Dave Merrington has recently been appointed a director of Asturius Sports which happens to have an ex saints doctor amongst others. Something has happened.

And Asturius sports do what exactly?

Interesting that the top results for 'Asturius Sports' in Google come back to 'Saints Web' a website that has only been going for a week or so.

Must be an interesting job Dave has got there.

The rest of his post stated that a shell company has appointed a new director! Again hardly groundbreaking news is it?

Perhaps if it said something to link Merrington directly to Saints it might be worth commenting on, just like this article.....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/latest/2008/03/12/dave-merrington-89520-20348411/

Oh, but that was back in March wasn't it, and what has happened since?

Ah I see Merrington is in no was connected to saints is he. You clearly don't understand so don't try.

And Asturius sports do what exactly?

Currently nothing. Various media outlets have reported Cousins and Fulthorpe are going to help facilitate a takeover of Southampton. Merrington has also been said to be involved (I am not 100 percent on whether this has been reported anywhere but I think it may have been on Solent.) Now this company springs up with all these people named as directors. I suppose in your world that's just a complete coincidence and totally unrelated to football and SFC.

Form as a company so to manouvre themselves into a position to takeover SFC,quite possibly.

Or rename themselves....

Dunno, prior to June they were called PETRO MANDATE (BRIDGEND) LIMITED

Asturius Europe were PETRO MANDATE (UK SERVICES) LIMITED

Asturius Hospitality were PETRO MANDATE (HOSPITALITY) LIMITED

Asturius Sport were PETRO MANDATE (SPORT & LEISURE) LIMITED

Again not a lot on Petro Mandate, and I'd be more excited if I was a Bridgend fan to be honest.

I'm starting to see why the Paul Allen and other takeover rumours ran and ran with all this blind belief and straw clutching.

Currently nothing. Various media outlets have reported Cousins and Fulthorpe are going to help facilitate a takeover of Southampton. Merrington has also been said to be involved (I am not 100 percent on whether this has been reported anywhere but I think it may have been on Solent.) Now this company springs up with all these people named as directors. I suppose in your world that's just a complete coincidence and totally unrelated to football and SFC.

Did you click that Daily Mirror link from March?

Or rename themselves....

Again not a lot on Petro Mandate, and I'd be more excited if I was a Bridgend fan to be honest.

I'm starting to see why the Paul Allen and other takeover rumours ran and ran with all this blind belief and straw clutching.

So do you believe that four men who have previously been linked or involved with saints have all joined a company as directors for something totally unrelated to Southampton? Do you?

So do you believe that four men who have previously been linked or involved with saints have all joined a company as directors for something totally unrelated to Southampton? Do you?

Maybe - and I know I'm coming way out of leftfield here!!! - when they were all linked to taking over SFC 6 months ago, and after Lowe slammed the door on them with his return and subsequent statement to the LSE, they decided that they all got on well with each other and so formed a company to carry out some sort of business venture, that could [certainly not beyond the realms of possibility] not be connected with SFC.

Maybe - and I know I'm coming way out of leftfield here!!! - when they were all linked to taking over SFC 6 months ago, and after Lowe slammed the door on them with his return and subsequent statement to the LSE, they decided that they all got on well with each other and so formed a company to carry out some sort of business venture, that could [certainly not beyond the realms of possibility] not be connected with SFC.

Then why are they still being linked with a takeover?

Yawn

Well here's an INTERESTING update for you

Went down the pub (The Boston Bar) for fish & chips with holidying daughter & her boyfriend. They have about 10 tv's all tuned to sports channels.

Low and behold on the ARABIC sports channel is none other than Nick Illingsworth spouting on about the JP revolution. WTF?? Now Nick is a fan and all but being translated into Arabic and broadcast across the world.....

Jeez what IS this crummy town coming to?

Meanwhile - if anyone bothers to drop Andrew Cowen or (probably) the old Mayor a line you will find that the concept of the Club as a hub of a major (US$750million) redeveopment of the St Mary's area has been talked about as a concept. It has also appeared (allegedly) in some older takeover business plans. It has come up in conversation and on here a number of times in the past 18 months, it is not rocket science. The club as a hub getting "free" investment becomes a small change of a larger profit in return for the political support needed to drive through a complex planning process.

Point is again credibility on the timing. The global crunch has at least another year to run and the concept of embarking on a $750mil planned redevelopment whilst a market still has potentially 10% to fall.................

Hong_Kong_Phooey037.jpg

Is this the same Edmund Whelan mentioned above??

Does this make Trousers redundant as chief yacht-spotter??

Sadly, indeed....should this takeover ever happen my job here will be done....

Steve Grant will tell you there is absolutely no takeover - isn't that right Steve? ;)

And Bill Clinton "never had sexual relations with that woman"....

And Paul Allen's private jet was never in the country at the end of April 2007.....

Any other events that have never ever happened....? Hmmmm?

Form as a company so to manouvre themselves into a position to takeover SFC,quite possibly.

please take this in the manner its meant, genuine question.

Is there anything at all that says there is current attempts to takeover saints by this group or another more than conjecture?

as far as I know;

saints officially in takeover talks

this group widely linked -in April or whenever

saints officially end takeover talks

nothing more happens

this goup have director change

I am not saying this is nothing to do with saints but is there anything to say it is? For arguements sake, not that this group, who were working together possibly for a saints takeover, are still business associates?

Point is again credibility on the timing. The global crunch has at least another year to run and the concept of embarking on a $750mil planned redevelopment whilst a market still has potentially 10% to fall.................

I take a different view.

If you assume the market is going to fall 10%, offer 9.0% reduction now and use the next 2 years to negiotate the planning hurdle etc. By the time the market starts on the up, you are ready with planning for lots of new houses / bars / etc.

Take your point, but if you have money, isn't it better to buy while the market is flat, rather than wait for a recovery and buy in what could quickly become a sellers market? I guess that way more money could be made.

(I have not the first idea if any of the stuff on this thread is true BTW, just wanted to add to the debate).