Asturius Sports

pedg

I enjoy reading the takeover threads and accept even when the info is from a good source things dont always work out the same way.

we could with an honesty scale against posts

5 - from an excellent source who is never wrong

4 - from a good source who is rarely wrong

3 - from a souce who is occassionally right

2- from the taxi driver / mate down the pub

1- I made it up.

An excellent idea IMO. Wheat from chaff etc. Get on it mods!

Is everyone sure that this is our buyers and not a guy working alone?

:confused:

Mumbai is world's 7th largest billionaire city

Financial capital Mumbai is the worlds' seventh largest city in terms of billionaire population, says Forbes, the American business magazine famous for its annual list of richest people on the globe.

Mumbai is ranked seventh ahead of San Francisco, Dallas and Tokyo, according to a list of top 10 cities for billionaires available on the website of Forbes.

In terms of average wealth of resident billionaires, Mumbai comes on top of all the 10 cities with an average net worth of 7.6 billion dollars.

The Russian capital city Moscow has bagged the numero uno position in terms of billionaire population. Moscow houses the largest number of billionaires, as much as 74, while New York and London are home to 71 and 36 billionaires respectively.

"Moscow knocked off New York from its perennial No 1 position since 2001," the magazine said. New York is home to 71 billionaires with an average net worth of 3.3 billion.

The other cities, which find a place for themselves in the league of top 10 billionaire cities in the world, include Istanbul which boasts of 34 billionaires, Hong Kong (30) and Los Angeles (24).

Moscow may be housing the largest number of billionaires, but when it comes to the degree of affluence, the Indian city of Mumbai transcends the Russian capital with an average wealth of around 7.6 billion dollars.

Moscow is home to as many as 74 billionaires with an average net worth of 5.9 billion dollar while Mumbai boasts of 20 billionaires, with an an average worth of 7.6 billion dollar, says Forbes.

Hong Kong is the most popular city for billionaires in Asia. As many as 30 billionaires live in this former British colony. But "Mumbai, earns bragging rights as the city on our list with the richest billionaires," the magazine added.

"Mumbai's 20 billionaires, including two of the world's 10 richest (brothers Mukesh and Anil Ambani), are worth an average 7.6 billion dollar, handily besting Moscow's 5.9 billion dollar average," the magazine added.

About eighteen months ago I was avidly lapping up all the takeover stuff.

All that early enthusiasm has been beaten out of me now.

All I ask is that someone tells me when/if it has happened. Not before, after.

I thank you.

It seems unlikely that someone with £50m will in present circumstances throw it away on a failed football club.

If someone has the capital to buy the land and develop a large area of the west bank of the Itchen what do they need a consortium and an extra £50m outlay for.

If the allegedly far eastern money is available then they can go it alone without any consortium.

According to rumours we are close to D Day and the money is in town.

I think this conjecture thread is going the way of all the others, like nowhere.

As has been said before, the consortium were told to put up or shut up, now is the time to put up.

When a tranche of shares has been purchased the LSE will notify us we don't NEED to be in an offer period for the club to be sold.

At least RL has agreed to sell up and move on to allow ambition to reign at SFC again!

Lets face it, if Shearer has agreed to join he would expect a decent transfer kitty has been allocated to him otherwise he would be making a difficult job even harder on himself!

As has been said before, the consortium were told to put up or shut up, now is the time to put up.

When a tranche of shares has been purchased the LSE will notify us we don't NEED to be in an offer period for the club to be sold.

At least RL has agreed to sell up and move on to allow ambition to reign at SFC again!

Lets face it, if Shearer has agreed to join he would expect a decent transfer kitty has been allocated to him otherwise he would be making a difficult job even harder on himself!

Has he?

skysports just interviewed poorvelt about rumours of a takeover he said he ignores it all and that other people deal with that.

So......there must still be takeover 'activity' going on as it's not logically possible to "ignore" or "let others deal with" something that isn't happening.

Yes.

It could also be the case that Saints would be in administration by now if this deal wasn't about to go through so RL needs to go to get his tuppence of investment back and quick!

Good inside source or a bit of guess work on your part?

I think it must be guesswork.

Surely, if the club was teetering on the edge of Admin, anyone sensible would wait for it to happen so they can get their sticky mits on it at a reduced price...

It could have been too late already

But "too late" in the context of your previous post implied that we would be in administration before Lowe could recoup his 'investment'. Given we're not in administration then how can it (possibly) have "been too late already" ?

But "too late" in the context of your previous post implied that we would be in administration before Lowe could recoup his 'investment'. Given we're not in administration then how can it (possibly) have "been too late already" ?

If the proposed takeover wasn't about to happen and proved as such the banks may have called the loan in by now, although I can't prove as such