If Spain wins.....

Dark Munster

.... 1-0 they will have scored the fewest number goals by a World Cup champion.

.... they will be the first World Cup champions to lose their opening match.

Along with

- First World Cup Champions from Europe to win playing outside the European continent.

- Champions of the first World Cup in which the hosts didn't make the second round.

- Be part of the first final without any of Brazil, Italy, Germany or Argentina.

Any other firsts missed? (First WC in Africa is a bit too obvious).

:lol:

They are easily the best team.

Ow, come on. They have played one good match and have been extremely poor the rest of the tournament. They got a rather easy route to the final, if they had gotten proper opposition in one of the earlier rounds they would have been out of the tournament.

I'm behind Holland, but to be fair, I couldn't really give a stuff who wins. Yesterday I forgot the competition was still running. Once the intense pressure of the three games a day group stages are over, I get bored.

Ow, come on. They have played one good match and have been extremely poor the rest of the tournament. They got a rather easy route to the final, if they had gotten proper opposition in one of the earlier rounds they would have been out of the tournament.

Like who....?

The only way Spain are going out is if a team manages to keep it tight for 120 minutes and do them on penalties.

But when they did have to play a good team they beat them comfortably and played better than anyone else has all tournament.

Like who....?

The only way Spain are going out is if a team manages to keep it tight for 120 minutes and do them on penalties.

Brazil for instance.

Besides, is Spains attack really that dangerous? 8 goals in 6 matches is exactly impressing. Like I said, they played well against Germany but in the end they didn't create a whole lot of chances and only managed to score from a set-piece.

But when they did have to play a good team they beat them comfortably and played better than anyone else has all tournament.

Indeed, they played very well against Germany but lets wait and see if they can put up such a performance again. If Holland put as much forward pressure on Spain as they did against Brazil in the second half the Spain won't be able to play their game.

Spain will have the ball in the middle third of the pitch for the majority of the game. When the Dutch win it back they will spend long periods rolling it along their back four. Don't expect a thriller. 1-0 to someone probably an erratic Jabulani off someones arse and a scabby 1-0 win. Maybe 0-0 after 120 and penalties. Ho hum. This has been a sh1t World Cup and I hope Africa and their ****ing Vuvuzelas never see it again in my lifetime. It will get the final it deserves.