Team for Coventry

SaintDonkey

Can't see another thread on this so let's get the ball rolling...

------------Davis

James----Perry---Lancashire---Mills

---------Cork-----Surman

-White-------Lallana------Skacel

------------Robertson

Subs: Forecast, McGoldrick, Paterson, Wotton, Thomson

Of course the inclusion of Skacel is probably fantasy land but really I can't see who else could be effective on that side with Hlmes out.

Can't see another thread on this so let's get the ball rolling...

------------Davis

---------Cork-----Surman

-White-------Lallana------Skacel

------------Robertson

Of course the inclusion of Skacel is probably fantasy land but really I can't see who else could be effective on that side with Hlmes out.

These Skacel fantasies are disquieting, we won well on tuesday, we'll play the same team, possibly Wotton in midfield in place of Pekhart, that's about it. Southampton shrinks should do cut price group therapy for raging Skacel

obsession

Our Skipper is fit with two legs which work apparently. Still I'd ease him in as a sub.

Would consider Wooton into holding mid with Mr. Perpetual Motion (a.k.a Jack Cork), and Surman on the left of the three (in the 4-2-3-1) although Surman & Cork were excellent in tandem on Tues.

Can Gillett or Perry play RB I wonder??

Hey guys, anyone know what's happened to Gillett?

There was a hint he was injured but I heard very little mentioned about him and nothing on the injury update which mentions most of the others (except Thomas and Gillett). Is all ok or have I missed something?

I'd put Surman in place of Mills, Wotton in place of Surman, and McGoldrick in place of Scakel

Daft IMO Surman isn't a good LB and was superb in MF on tuesday. Mills also looked decent against Lee Croft who is no mug and ripped Sheff Utd a new one just over a week ago. Personally I think the team that ended tuesdays game (bar paterson) should be allowed a chance on the basis that were trying to get a decent run going.

Hey guys, anyone know what's happened to Gillett?

There was a hint he was injured but I heard very little mentioned about him and nothing on the injury update which mentions most of the others (except Thomas and Gillett). Is all ok or have I missed something?

the injury update is a bit odd, no mention of Thomas,Pullis or Gasmi but Poke who's a complete bit part player who was on loan to..... (fill in for 10 brownie points) gets a mention.Bizarre.

the injury update is a bit odd, no mention of Thomas,Pullis or Gasmi but Poke who's a complete bit part player who was on loan to..... (fill in for 10 brownie points) gets a mention.Bizarre.

Yeah, very strange. Wish we knew what was going on with some of those guys, has Gillett dropped out of favour or something?

I can't understand why people make loads of changes to a team that has won 2 on the bounce.

Quite clearly the team will be almost the same as the Norwich one, maybe with BWP or White coming in for Pekhart.

Certainly no need to change a defence that has kept 3 league clean sheets in a row!

Madness.

Daft IMO Surman isn't a good LB and was superb in MF on tuesday. Mills also looked decent against Lee Croft who is no mug and ripped Sheff Utd a new one just over a week ago. Personally I think the team that ended tuesdays game (bar paterson) should be allowed a chance on the basis that were trying to get a decent run going.

In principle that isn't a bad idea, although Coventry away is likely to prove a much sterner test than Norwich at home, so we should go for the strongest team possible.

If we were going for the same team that finished, we should leave out BWP too.

That would be ideal imo. Skacel won't play, anyone know why he wasn't involved in the reserves?

Wishful thinking - He is being saved for the Coventry game

Likely Scenario - JP and MW have been told he can't play due to financial reasons, so they aren't bothering to play him at all.

--------------------------Davis---------------------------

James------------Perry------------Svensson----------Mills

------------------Cork-------------Surman----------------

--------------------------Lallana--------------------------

McGoldrick----------------------------------------Thomson

-------------------------Robertson------------------------

Subs: Forecast, Lancashire, Wotton, Wright-Phillips, Pekhart,

That or whatever formation we played on Tuesday after Pekhart came off

------------------Davis------------------

James------Perry-------Lancashire-----Mills

------------Cork--------Wotton-----------

------------------Lallana------------------

McGoldrick-------------------------Surman

----------------Robertson-----------------

Subs: Forecast, Svennson, White, Pekhart, BWP

Would like to have kept the Surman/Cork partnership in midfield going but feel that Wotton will add that bit more steel that we're gonna need playing away from home. Othe than that almost the same team as midweek.

Hi everyone

If you want a good saints friendly pub to meet for a few beers before and after the Cov game , my mate runs the Vine Inn Warwick. Come off junction 15 M40 and go along towards Wawick town centre and it is on the left next to the Tudor House Inn. You will get a very good welcome . Mention my name and he will put on bar snacks if he knows a few are coming.

I would meet you all there but I've got to go to a wedding in dirty Leeds.

Feel free to get in touch chaps and here's to three points !

I don't normally post but thought I would pass on this info.

'I'd put Surman in place of Mills, Wotton in place of Surman, and McGoldrick in place of Scakel'

I must admit I didn't see the Norwich game, so if surman was good next to Cork then i'm prob wrong. I just quite like Wotton and was tryin to find a place for him.

As for Fish - again fair play if he was good last time, but i've seen him twice and not been that impressed - seems like the 'youngest' of the young ones if ya know what I mean.

Glad Sats game is on SKY, surely we'll neat the curse this time!

I personally would play:

- - - - - - - - Davis - - - - - - -

Gillett - Perry - Lancashire - Mills

- - - - Wotton - - - Cork - - - -

- Lallana - - Surman - - Skacel -

- - - - - - Robertson - - - - - -

Gillett at right back? :lol:

Lallana is much more effective through the centre too.

Why drop McGoldrick who has played reasonably well the last two games, in favour for Skacel who has no match practice? Surely it would be better to ease Skacel back into the team through the means of a substitute first.

------------------Davis------------------

James------Perry-------Lancashire-----Mills

------------Cork--------Wotton-----------

------------------Lallana------------------

McGoldrick-------------------------Surman

----------------Robertson-----------------

Subs: Forecast, Svennson, White, Pekhart, BWP

Would like to have kept the Surman/Cork partnership in midfield going but feel that Wotton will add that bit more steel that we're gonna need playing away from home. Othe than that almost the same team as midweek.

I'd go with this team also - hopefully Wotton is back from his knock?

I've got a sneaking suspision that Smith will come strainght in at left wing so that's

------------Davis

---------Cork-----Surman

-White-------Lallana------Smith

------------Robertson

With just maybe Skacel on the bench instead of Paterson

I've got a sneaking suspision that Smith will come strainght in at left wing so that's

------------Davis

---------Cork-----Surman

------------Robertson

DMG for White and Pekhart on the bench for Paterson and I think you might be right. I don't think Skacel will be on the bench.

Gillett at right back? :lol:

Lallana is much more effective through the centre too.

Why drop McGoldrick who has played reasonably well the last two games, in favour for Skacel who has no match practice? Surely it would be better to ease Skacel back into the team through the means of a substitute first.

Who would you play instead?

-----------------Davis---------------------

Cork -- Lancashire -- Svennson/Perry -- Mills

------------Gillett --- Surman--------------

McGoldrick ------ Lallana ------ Skacel/White

----------------Robertson------------------

I'd give James a rest as I'm not convinced James is a RB - his defensive positioning is woeful. Mills looks significantly better each minute he plays and Surman is more effective in the middle. I'd try Skacel on the left as I believe we have been missing Holmes and he can offer defensive cover for Mills when needed. I like McG on the right, I think he offers a bit of pace and thrust going forward and has recently been helping out at the back, Robertson looked good against Norwich and was much better through the middle than out wide. Cork has been one hell of a find and has looked mighty wherever he's been asked to play. I'm not too bothered who plays out of Wotton and Gillett, Wotton can go missing in midfield and Gillett tends to ware himself out too early in games, it's a shame Schniederlin's out...

-------------Davis

James Lancashire Perry Fish

-------Wotton -- Cork

McGoldrick -- Lallana -- Surman

------------Robertson

Ditto, there is a great balance to this side. I'd tweak the formation slightly:

---------------Davis

James -- Lancashire -- Perry -- Fish

McGoldrick -- Cork -- Wotton -- Surman

--------------Lallana

------------Robertson

I personally would play:

- - - - - - - - Davis - - - - - - -

Gillett - Perry - Lancashire - Mills

- - - - Wotton - - - Cork - - - -

- Lallana - - Surman - - Skacel -

- - - - - - Robertson - - - - - -

Why change what worked as much as I wonder about McGoldrick he seemd to get some confidence after the penalty.

Would leave the back four alone - James, Perry, Lancashire and Mills.

Would leave the midfield pretty much alone too, McGoldrick, Surman, Cork, Lallana and maybe Skacel, White or Jake Thomson

Up front Robertson who is the best forward, and better in some ways, I have seen in a Saints shirt since Beattie. The lad has good touch, good movement, is strong holds the ball up well can shoot and does not seem out of place.

I don't think JP will change too much although Svensson for Perry as he seems to not like Perry for some reason playing him as a last resort.

------------Davis

---------Cork-----Surman

------------Robertson

Pretty much have to agree with you but I think Skacel will remain on the bench, Mcgoldrick WILL play can you really see him being dropped after his goal and subsequent decent performance. I'm not sure White is yet ready for a return to the starting line up and should be left to break back in maybe via some sub appearances.

-------------Davis

James Lancashire Perry Fish

-------Wotton -- Cork

McGoldrick -- Lallana -- Surman

------------Robertson

That would be ideal imo. Skacel won't play, anyone know why he wasn't involved in the reserves?

I think that will be very close!

------------Davis

---------Cork-----Surman

-DMG-------Lallana------Smith

------------Robertson

This is assuming Jan throws Smith straight into the lineup (which he didn't do with Cork, Pekhart or Robertson). If Smith doesn't play I think it will be:

------------Davis

---------Cork-----Gillett

-DMG-------Lallana------Surman

------------Robertson