Coventry V Saints - Pre Match Views and Predictions

saint lard

So nice to have an away game I don't need to travel to!!!

My prediction is that i'll be half cut before kick off for a change, and for the score.... I don't want to jinx it, couldn't live it down if we lost, the lads I coach would rip the **** out of me.

Blimey Alps it's not often we've agreed but this and the score line. Killer won't be match fit IMHO

Killer not in squad, but would have been silly to change the team much anyway.

I'll stick with my prediction of 1-1, and will be happy if we get that. Anything else has to be a bonus.

Coventry are in a bit of freefall at the moment only winning once in their previous 8 games. I think they are there for the taking and now is the best possible time to play them. If the boys go in with the confidence they should have from the last 2 games i can see us winning it. It wont be easy but as long as KD stays in great form and our defence do ok i can see it being 1-2 to Saints. However as we know for some reason teams who are doing bad seem to do well against us and i have a feeling this could be one of those games. I worry a lot about our defence and the last 2 games i know if it was majority of the teams in this league they would of taken many of them. If you Give Eastwood or Morrison those chances they will bury them most of the time. So i think the Sky curse will continue and we could let in a few, i think it will be 3-1 Coventry.

Hope they proove me wrong and don't buckle on TV.

+ almost 3000.

I agree wholeheartedly with this sensible post. I can see us winning or losing, as does St Marco. I am prepeared to go a bit further by saying I can see a draw as well. I don't mind putting my neck on the line, after all these predictions are just for fun aren't they.

The undertone of this game is SISU Vs Lowe. I wonder how they are finding the credit crisis?

Sky presenter on the Brum game also keeps calling us 'vastly improving'.

Fresh from that curse, the game being on Sky and not being able to remember when we strung 3 back to wins together I am going for 2-0 defeat.

Team is:

--------------------------Davis-----------------------------

James----------Perry--------------Lancashire-------------Mills

-------------------Wotton----------Cork---------------------

DMG--------------------Lallana--------------------------Surman-------

-------------------------Robertson-----------------------------

SUBS: Bart, BWP, Gillett, White, Pekhart

Team is:

--------------------------Davis-----------------------------

James----------Perry--------------Lancashire-------------Mills

-------------------Wotton----------Cork---------------------

DMG--------------------Lallana--------------------------Surman-------

-------------------------Robertson-----------------------------

SUBS: Bart, BWP, Gillett, White, Pekhart

The personnel look good but can we just play 4-4-2

DMG is not a wide player.

We have a striker playing as a wide player in DMG and he clearly isn`t.

Imo, if we want width we need to play proper wide players.

the front 4 players in the 4231 formation (i.e. mcgoldrick, robertson, lallana and surman) all interchange and swap positions throughout the match. it is not rigid in terms of where they play.

the front 4 players in the 4231 formation all interchange and swap positions throughout the match. it is not rigid in terms of where they play. i.e. mcgoldrick, robertson, lallana and surman

So as our forum tactical expert, tells us could the same not happen if we have 2 up front and Lallana behind then?

So as our forum tactical expert, tells us could the same not happen if we have 2 up front and Lallana behind then?

It could well do, but since this formation works and we've won the last two games, why change it?

McG has worked well in this position and has scored from it, so I'm happy to see it continuing.

I think you will find that was an own goal

I think you'll find he has scored more than one goal this season.

And whoever claims the goal, the fact we were in a goalscoring position means the formation and tactics were working. We were in an attacking position, we gained a goal, we won. In my book, that's a success.

We were all crying out for some consistency under GB, which we now have.