Coventry V Saints - Pre Match Views and Predictions

saint lard

Well, another "live on Sky" match so the superstitious amongst you will have this down as loss.

Me, i personally think we can come away with a point.

If we can keep up the little amount of momentum we have built up over the last couple of games,things bode well.IMO.

It will be interesting to see how the sides compare in formation,tactics,managerial nous, and style, as it was not long ago that Coleman was a firm favourite with many to take over the "hot seat" after Burley.

I'll have us down for a 2-2.

Come on Saints,lets push on before the international break,leave us for a couple of weeks in an optimistic mood.

Coventry are in a bit of freefall at the moment only winning once in their previous 8 games. I think they are there for the taking and now is the best possible time to play them. If the boys go in with the confidence they should have from the last 2 games i can see us winning it. It wont be easy but as long as KD stays in great form and our defence do ok i can see it being 1-2 to Saints. However as we know for some reason teams who are doing bad seem to do well against us and i have a feeling this could be one of those games. I worry a lot about our defence and the last 2 games i know if it was majority of the teams in this league they would of taken many of them. If you Give Eastwood or Morrison those chances they will bury them most of the time. So i think the Sky curse will continue and we could let in a few, i think it will be 3-1 Coventry.

Hope they proove me wrong and don't buckle on TV.

i'm going to plump for a very optimistic 4-3 to Saints :rolleyes:

(don't ask me why?????)

We have had some surprisingly high scoring games against the Sky Blues over the years, was there an 8-0 (2)win (! am I right?) 4-4 draw etc.

I think you're right with the margin, but I think it's going to be a 1-0 win after having to batten down the hatches for the best part of an hour.

Id take a draw now if you offered it to me, but I cant see anything but a loss. 2-0 Coventry, hope Im wrong, especially as my step dad is a cov fan. Id feel a bit more confident if we wernt on sky. The only times Id want to see us on TV would be in a cup final, play off final, Europe, or match of the day.

Score predictions can best be classed as (1) guesswork, (2) wishful thinking or (3)fearful pessimism. The uncertainty of football kept the Pools Companies in business for many, many years. It is just sad that so many self-confessed Saints fans, posting on this thread are in the pessimist category. I was almost one myself recently, after the Blackpool and Barnsley games, but I have rediscovered the faith and I predict a WIN.

Well, another "live on Sky" match so the superstitious amongst you will have this down as loss.

Me, i personally think we can come away with a point.

If we can keep up the little amount of momentum we have built up over the last couple of games,things bode well.IMO.

It will be interesting to see how the sides compare in formation,tactics,managerial nous, and style, as it was not long ago that Coleman was a firm favourite with many to take over the "hot seat" after Burley.

I'll have us down for a 2-2.

Come on Saints,lets push on before the international break,leave us for a couple of weeks in an optimistic mood.

happy days, a point! i think we can win