Coventry 4-1 Saints - 2nd Half Chat

exit2

Saints' style of attacking play reminds me of nothing so much as the woefully underachieving Liverpool sides of the early/mid 1990s - there's that same hesitancy and lateral flow to the passing, the same sense that the fluency and skill is ornamental rather than devastating.

There's unquestionably a lot of talent in our players, but there's a lack of urgency, a kind of meandering to their play which means they never really appear to slice into the defence, just pick their way around it.

That said, Surman just scores from a fluke even as I'm whining, so there's always hope...

This is just embarassing, powder-puff, pretty pretty football with no end result and a defence with no height. Oh, and a keeper (yes, I am blaming him) who doesn't come for anything. And i've lost my 2-1 bet. damn.

This is just embarassing, powder-puff, pretty pretty football with no end result and a defence with no height. Oh, and a keeper (yes, I am blaming him) who doesn't come for anything. And i've lost my 2-1 bet. damn.

You are blaming Davis.....

Sorry but you have not got a effin clue

McGoldrick is a tw*t, but he's Lowe's golden boy (he's cheap). He will play all season, whatever his form.

I suppose Surman scoring a consolation, after Coventry have taken their foot off the gas, papers over enough cracks to allow the Luvvies to claim we are going in the right direction...

McGoldrick is a tw*t, but he's Lowe's golden boy (he's cheap). He will play all season, whatever his form.

I suppose Surman scoring a consolation, after Coventry have taken their foot off the gas, papers over enough cracks to allow the Luvvies to claim we are going in the right direction...

Agree completely.

I'm not going to cry after 1 defeat alps. Kids are inconsistent. We are not in the relegation zone which is all that matters