Shares

dune

Did you see the movement on Sareum Holdings (SAR) the other week?

I tried to buy in at about 1.2 from a move from about 0.5 I think but my trading account did not support the option. Gutted at the time as it went up about 350 - 400% in on day. It has retraced substancially though so the news was obviously over done.

Its definately on my watch list though.

Ouch. It was prime for ramping and then was the time to get in and get out. As it goes i've taken a hit from SGZ, but in Q3 i expect planning consent and a tidy return.

good day for crnd, i see your back in lol. i.m in at 1.92, with more good news due should make a few quid!

Ouch. It was prime for ramping and then was the time to get in and get out. As it goes i've taken a hit from SGZ, but in Q3 i expect planning consent and a tidy return.

been checking out SGZ - think it could be a rerun of the CRND senario, price drops about concerns with the PP, get PP and whoosh!

http://www.dpea.scotland.gov.uk/Documents/qJ12912/J168420.pdf

24th march could be key date. might get in if it goes below 4p - good luck with this one.

good day for crnd, i see your back in lol. i.m in at 1.92, with more good news due should make a few quid!

Lot of activity with CRND. Will be interesting to see how it goes over the next few days.

Also took the plunge with WET, which is a speculative old share, but good showing so far. Just need that contract!

News yesterday, I had to laugh at dune.

I haven't held shares in them for ages gobby.

Have a look at Verbals comments re ITV (is he a relation of yours?) and then see what happens with them today when the market opens.

My strategy is high risk so obviously some of my picks will go belly up. Sneering no marks like you revelling in the ones that do go pear shaped is of no concern to me.

Edited by dune

I'd strongly advise you, dune, to keep your 'shares' in ITV (I have a sneaking suspicion you're playing with Monopoly money). Today's profits announcement was good; the prognosis is not.

But ITV1's share of viewing dropped in 2010 despite the autumn boost and ITV gave a cautious outlook for the year ahead as it fears the impact of tough comparatives and an uncertain wider economy. (The Guardian)

As I told you earlier, part of my pension is in ITV, and so I depend on the company scooping up every financial ingenue it can to invest. So keep it up! And thanks! (if you actually parted with any money).

I'd strongly advise you, dune, to keep your 'shares' in ITV (I have a sneaking suspicion you're playing with Monopoly money). Today's profits announcement was good; the prognosis is not.

But ITV1's share of viewing dropped in 2010 despite the autumn boost and ITV gave a cautious outlook for the year ahead as it fears the impact of tough comparatives and an uncertain wider economy. (The Guardian)

As I told you earlier, part of my pension is in ITV, and so I depend on the company scooping up every financial ingenue it can to invest. So keep it up! And thanks! (if you actually parted with any money).

I don't need or want advise from the likes of you. ITV's only achileles heel is their over reliance on advertising revenue which makes them vulnerable during a slowdown. That said ITV digital was what caused the problems and that is now in the past and you would expect they'd have learnt some valuabl lessons.

The regulators have recently allowed extended advertisement breaks and product placement in programmes is set to increase and the quality of ITV programmes is improving - ITN news is far superior to the leftwing biased BBC news, Downton Abbey has been a major sucess pulling in the crowds and then you've got crap like X factor that people like you seem to enjoy.

Thanks for the advice Verbal, but you're talking cr4p.

IThe regulators have recently allowed extended advertisement breaks and product placement in programmes is set to increase and the quality of ITV programmes is improving - ITN news is far superior to the leftwing biased BBC news, Downton Abbey has been a major sucess pulling in the crowds and then you've got crap like X factor that people like you seem to enjoy.

Thanks for the advice Verbal, but you're talking cr4p.

ha ha ha ha, next you'll be telling me their football coverage is better as well. lol

I doubt that very much. Verbal doesn't strike me as the sort of person who'd fit in with the ambience of the programme.

I think you haven't quite mastered SK's little joke. But don't bother. No one wants to see you suffer the agony of thinking.

5k is a good starting amount, open a trding isa. Sadly no safe bets. Go to w h smiths and get a copy of shares mag. That will give you a good idea re whats hot and whats not. You can start up a phantom trading a/c and practice buying and selling shares etc....

5k is a good starting amount, open a trding isa. Sadly no safe bets. Go to w h smiths and get a copy of shares mag. That will give you a good idea re whats hot and whats not. You can start up a phantom trading a/c and practice buying and selling shares etc....

Agree with all of that apart from the shares mag.

Magazine publishing being what it is, mags are out of date before they hit the street.

Internet a much better source of info - research into any company is key.

PS Don't listen to dune :lol:

£5k is a moderate amount, but you don't want to be chopping and changing as you will lose loads in dealing fees

For that amount, I would be looking to find 8-10 solid shares with good dividend paying record and all within the top 250

Personal favourites in that group right now include Tesco, Vodafone, Aviva and Balfour Beatty

Agree with all of that apart from the shares mag.

Magazine publishing being what it is, mags are out of date before they hit the street.

Internet a much better source of info - research into any company is key.

PS Don't listen to dune :lol:

Re Shares mag, when I was talking about whats hot and whats not, I was talking sector rather than share... Also the mag has good explantions of all things share related. I have to say its help me and just a dam good read...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Tip - FTO fortune oil.

A lot of you will know about this but thought I'd bring this up as it's on a run at the moment. I bought in at an average of 6p today it closed at 12.5p up 21%. the company have taken on new executives to the board with a view to expanding the investment in the company to progress future growth. This has been received very well in the markets and the boards view us that it should be a £1 billion company which rates it at approximate 76p. Still lots of upside for the sp.

Announced their earnings today and have announced that they will start to pay a dividend. I've not read the RNS yet but still good news.

• 4 months later...

i think you are better off in the pub than in shares right now, my portfollio is down so i will just stick it out for the long term, which may turn out to be very long term considering the greek default, possible breakup of the euro, recapitalisation/nationalisation of europe's banks with money from every big nation inc china/usa etc.....i think we are seeing a process that will be game changing of historical importance and could change the monetry system we use...i don't think the markets give a toss about the bailouts, they will do whatever they need to do to make money regardless of the consquences..will have to wait untill greece has gone down the loo (will take a few flushes lol) then i will take a punt on some shares in the banks as they will come back good in time.....thoughts anybody???

Course i'm down atm, but last week diverted heavily into financials as they'll come back eventually and already there is talk of funds being gathered from states to cover banks that will be affected when greece defaults. If it's good enough for warren buffett (bank of america) then it's good enough for me. Word has it the ftse will bounce back 100 plus on opening this morning so hopefully we'll see some confidence returning this week on the news about banks being supported re greece.

Edited by dune

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't S'pose any of you know about a oil company in Falklands that has apparently gone through the roof? I was told about it a few years ago, told to put whatever I had in the bank on it. The guy who told me, who didn't do it either, found out yesterday that the guy who told him to do so, is now a millionaire, by only investing about £20k.

I can't remember the name of tw company and know feck all about this stuff. Any ideas?

Don't S'pose any of you know about a oil company in Falklands that has apparently gone through the roof? I was told about it a few years ago, told to put whatever I had in the bank on it. The guy who told me, who didn't do it either, found out yesterday that the guy who told him to do so, is now a millionaire, by only investing about £20k.

I can't remember the name of tw company and know feck all about this stuff. Any ideas?

DES (Desire Petroleum) I think. Have they actually struck oil?

DES (Desire Petroleum) I think. Have they actually struck oil?

They struck water LOL. Went to low of 10p overnight.

The big winner was Rockhopper.

Currently Gulf Key Petroleum (260p ish) is rumoured to be subject of a takeover bid from Exxon at £19 a share.

Red Emperor and Range Resources (the Aussie one) are worth a punt.