FM11 - Southampton F.C.

Matthew Le God

Started a game earlier, despite still being quite attached to my Wycombe save on 2010.

Signed Chaplow for £100k and Assulin on a free.

The whole agents thing has actually made things better, but can't get into the match preparation yet. Seems like a lot of hassle, so i've just left it to my assistant.

Team is;

-------------Davis

Butterfield Fonte Jaidi Harding

-----Chaplow Schneiderlin

Puncheon ----Guly ----Lallana

------------Lambert

is it me or does half your team get injured..?

Get the patch and it should sort it out. I am getting crap loads of penalties though.

Won league 1 !!!! get in. Though they only gave me 500k to spend in the NPC, luckily they changed my expectations in january (league 1) and gave me 5 million which enabled me to get the players i need for an NPC campaign.

Brandy is a beast, i also got Smithies on the cheap, great player.

Chamberlains attributes aren't great but he constantly gets about a 7 match rating, i am not seeing a lot of improvement yet anyways.

Definitely a bug with the amount of injuries you get.

In fact, not just me. Checked a few other teams and they all seem to have loads of injuries.

After my last match I know have 13 players out injured. Can't be normal surely?

Edited by Saint_clark

If you go on holiday, with "apply for any managerial jobs" and "return from holiday when offered a job" both ticked, then you will get one eventually.

Salisbury have taken pity on me, at the end of season 1 though. :)

Season 1

Picture1-8.png

Season 2

Picture2-7.png

Pompey go down as well! :D

Quite similar to mine, first season i won league 1 though with 99 points (closely followed by Peterborough on 96) and the second i am well top of the championship at christmas, i will be honest though, i would rather have another year in the championship to build.

I only got 500k to spend in the champ, what did you get ? That said they did upgrade the youth and training grounds to the top quality ones, but now the club is finances insecure :(

Pompey are in the prem aswell, *****rs.

I couldnt get Guly to sign permanantly, tried a few times but it said he didnt want to play in England !!!

On the final day of his loan, I tried for the final time, and he turned me down again. Now he has gone beack to Cesena and is on the transfer list by request.

Edited by Marsdinho

First season in the Premier League...

Season 3

Picture1-9.png

It was looking like relegation until I changed tactics in early January and signed Willian. Was unstoppable after that.

Stadium expanded to 35k.

Signed some great players on free transfers in the summer of 2013!

Picture1-10.png

Edited by Matthew Le God

First season complete and WOW!!!!

I paid so much attention to detail with scout reports and formation preperation.

Ended up winning League One on final day, having to beat Bournemouth at S.t Mary's.

Retained JPT, 2-1 over Burton Albion and quarters of League Cup loosing away to Stoke 1-0.

Icing on the cake? FA Cup Final appearance v.s Man City.............

Got us playing some great football. Just waiting for us to take our chances. Having a minimum of 15 shots per game but we're not scoring enough. Our passing game has made 'the best viewing in league one' most of our games, even if we're winning 1-0 or drawing 1-1.

In 6th at the moments.

P17 w8 d7 l2 f25 a14 pts31

Obviously too many draws but we're unbeaten in 8.

Davis

ferri-fonte-demerit-harding

schneiderlin-Hammond

lallana-kapo-chamberlain

barnard

alnwick

butterfield-davenport-seabourne-dickson

eastmond-guly

puncheon-lambert-holmes

brandy

Nice strong squad.

for me footie man is now pointless, there is no player development anymore, unless a player is a 'wonder kid' their stats never seem to change. I used to prefer the old games where training and coaching played a bigger part, the team that mlg posted earlier is just so unrealistic, not in a million years would saints ever be able to sign any of those players in 3 years. I remember in an old game I managed to turn Rory Delap, Kleberson and steed Malbranque into quality players.

First season in the Premier League...

Season 3

Picture1-9.png

It was looking like relegation until I changed tactics in early January and signed Willian. Was unstoppable after that.

Stadium expanded to 35k.

Signed some great players on free transfers in the summer of 2013!

Picture1-10.png

How did you even sign these players ??

They just flat out ignored me when offering contracts

2nd Season:

Lost community shield 2-0 to Chelsea.

Beat Xanthi 3-1 away then lost 2-1 at s.t mary's to put us through to group stages of EURO Cup.

Drawn with PSV, Rosenborg and Steau, really didnt fancy our chances.

Rosenborg (a) d 1-1

PSV (h) L 1-0

Steau (a) W 2-0

Steau (h) W 1-0

PSV (a)

Rosenborg (h)

16 games into Championship, sat top of the league having only played 11, unbeaten in the league.

Lost 2-0 to Villa in the League Cup.