FM11 - Southampton F.C.

Matthew Le God

Think Chamberlain needs to be pacier and have a higher technique stat in the next update MLG - as evidenced by his star turns in the last few weeks!

Yep, he'll definitely be improved. The initial stats are meant to reflect 09/10 season rather than what they have done so far. He does have good potential in the game still.

Yep, he'll definitely be improved. The initial stats are meant to reflect 09/10 season rather than what they have done so far. He does have good potential in the game still.

Noticed he does have excellent potential which is good - you may get a lot of flak from people for your judgements on player's skills MLG, but I reckon you do a pretty good job tbf!

Dickson and Lallana better at crossing.

Dickson done by Brentford researcher(all summer transfers done this way as the new researcher hasn't seen them). I'd need to see Dickson play more before I make any changes to how the Brentford researcher rated him. At the moment he doesn't even make the Saints bench!

Lallana will see improvement in next player data update.

Richardson - i appreciate you havn't got to see him but on first looks it seems as if the Leeds researcher has taken the p*ss.

The Charlton researcher did his stats. He is still rated one of the best right backs in League One on the game and is rated higher than Butterfield.

Fonte better at passing

He is already rated the best defender in League One in the game. Any changes would need to be minor.

Davis - A bit better all round

Only four keepers rated higher in League One than Davis.

Seaborne - Better on the ground then in the air.

Seaborne doesn't impress me, I don't think he'll make it at a higher level, he is still struggling in League One imo and Fonte has to cover him a lot. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong, but at the moment I can't see it and he still worries me when at St Mary's.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Up to mid October in my first go.

Signed:

Jay Demerit, Free - International Class CB, Scores nicely from Set Pieces

Michael Doyle, 250k from Coventry - Extra Midfield Depth, a little hot headed but very solid.

Lee Trundle, 50k from Neath - Back up for Rickie. Can barely run but more then does a job.

Gavin Mahon, Free - More midfield back up. A solid DMC.

Olivier Kapo, Free - Can play anywhere across mid but is keeping Punch out of the team at RM

Jimmy Walker, Free - Signed on the advice of the assistant. Extra GK cover and fighting it out with Kelvin for the number one jersey.

So far so good. 13 played, Won 12 lost 1 (An unfortunate 2-1 defeat at Bristol Rovers.) Still have 300k or so to spend in January and 5 points clear at the top of Peterborough. It's a bit too easy so far.

---------------------- Walker ----------------------

Butters -------- Demerit ------- Fonte ------ Harding

Kapo -------- Schneiderlin ----- Doyle ------- Lallana

--------------- Lambert ------ Barnard -------------

Edited by Colinjb

Just finished pre season.

Nobody sold.

Signed-

Febian Brandy

Danny ****tu

Chris Wood (LOAN)

Alex Smithies

Impressed with Guly, Barnard, Harding and Davis pre season. Kelv will be number one until he puts in a couple of bad performances. Chamberlain has been involved in most matches and has come up with 1 goal and 2 assists.

Team-

------------------------Davis------------------------

Butterfield----------Fonte---****tu------------Harding

----------------Schneiderlin--Guly-------------------

Puncheon--------------Wood------------------Lallana

----------------------Barnard------------------------

Lambert would be playing where Wood is but he's injured.

Just gone into the January transfer window, doing pretty well. 7 points clear at the top of L1, in the JPT Area Final (against Bristol Rovers), the FA Cup 3rd Round (against QPR) and also the League Cup Semi-Final (against West Ham). Having played FM11 for a bit now, it does seem a bit easier than FM10. Won't be carrying on with this savegame when the full version comes out, i'm annoyed with the tiny database and the fact that there are hardly any players on it from outside the UK leagues. Makes transfers a lot harder and scouting pointless because you know the good players anyway.

Just gone into the January transfer window, doing pretty well. 7 points clear at the top of L1, in the JPT Area Final (against Bristol Rovers), the FA Cup 3rd Round (against QPR) and also the League Cup Semi-Final (against West Ham). Having played FM11 for a bit now, it does seem a bit easier than FM10. Won't be carrying on with this savegame when the full version comes out, i'm annoyed with the tiny database and the fact that there are hardly any players on it from outside the UK leagues. Makes transfers a lot harder and scouting pointless because you know the good players anyway.

Lucky its just a demo !!

I got to xmas and got bored, lost 1 game, drew 1 and won the rest. Let 6 goals in.

Far too easy but loads of my players want out and managers seem to be in the firing line twice a week at least, let alone injuries.

Lucky its just a demo !!

I got to xmas and got bored, lost 1 game, drew 1 and won the rest. Let 6 goals in.

Far too easy but loads of my players want out and managers seem to be in the firing line twice a week at least, let alone injuries.

Playing as Saints is probably a bit too easy now, but where SI really have improved the game is in lower league management. Loved playing as Staines on FM10, will probably start a game with Basingstoke when the demo reaches the 6 month limit on my Saints game. It's definitely tough to manage a side with no money, no attractiveness to players and hardly any fanbase.

Playing as Saints is probably a bit too easy now, but where SI really have improved the game is in lower league management. Loved playing as Staines on FM10, will probably start a game with Basingstoke when the demo reaches the 6 month limit on my Saints game. It's definitely tough to manage a side with no money, no attractiveness to players and hardly any fanbase.

Started a new game on FM10 as i always got bored getting saints into Europe and beyond, it gets too easy in the PL.

I started as Luton, got them promoted and got offered the job at Saints, which i took lol. So same old, playing in 2024 now and Saints are a European powerhouse.

What i would like is if there was random events as there are in football, players getting in trouble, training ground bust ups. People being brought in as directors of football. That sort of thing. Perhaps even the option to tap up players (you may get caught may not) it will all take the game into real life.

Being Saints is far to easy on football manager, i recommend (if you havent before) go down to the BSS or BSN or lower spanish and italian leagues. Thats where the real challenge of the game is, no money, no fans, no one wants to sign for you.

Building a squad and club from nothing is what i like to do. Being a team with millions and able to buy players which should be playing divisions higher = no challenge ;-)

Nile Ranger is a good loan as well, he scored loads for me.

Yep me too. MLG on the game it says Morgan is uncapped but he has U21 experience?

And also why do I not have the proper club crests and stuff?

well done o the game though, top work

Yep me too. MLG on the game it says Morgan is uncapped but he has U21 experience?

He got his first under 21 cap in the 2010/11 season, so it won't show in the game until Football Manager 2012. As far as FM11 is concerned it starts in early July 2010 and that cap Schneiderlin got hasn't happened.

And also why do I not have the proper club crests and stuff?

If you have the strawberry demo you should have the licensed content. If you have the vanilla demo you won't.

well done o the game though, top work

Cheers :)

Why does Peter Shilton comment on saints games? I've never known him to talk about a Tranmere danger man to the echo before.

I agree that Lallana and Chamberlin need to be improved.

I would like to know if the full game will be more stable? I can't go back to the old ways of 2003 having to auto save every couple of weeks, replay games you have won etc.

Also is the fact that we spent over £1m on lambert and just under £1m on fonte last Season not evidenced enough that Cortese would sanction a budget of £1m this season? I'd be supprised if Adkins said "I want x player for 1.2m" and cortese said no.

Why does Peter Shilton comment on saints games? I've never known him to talk about a Tranmere danger man to the echo before.

Because he is listed as favourite personnel. I think he was quite popular when he was here, was the current England keeper, he is even in the banner on the the Saints Web Forum! :)

I agree that Lallana and Chamberlin need to be improved.

Lallana is rated as one of the best players in the League. Chamberlain of course will be improved but remember he starts the game as a 16 year year old(he still has very high potential on the game).

I would like to know if the full game will be more stable? I can't go back to the old ways of 2003 having to auto save every couple of weeks, replay games you have won etc.

The demo uses the same code as the full game. There will be a release day patch.

Also is the fact that we spent over £1m on lambert and just under £1m on fonte last Season not evidenced enough that Cortese would sanction a budget of £1m this season? I'd be supprised if Adkins said "I want x player for 1.2m" and cortese said no.

If you want you can have a budget on day one of the demo of £1.4 million and £13k p/w excess wage budget. All you need to do is move the budgets about in the boardroom.

If you want you can have a budget on day one of the demo of £1.4 million and £13k p/w excess wage budget. All you need to do is move the budgets about in the boardroom.

And you can also ask the Board to handle the transfer, meaning it doesn't come out of your budget (I think), but only if they think that it will be a worthwhile and inexpensive signing.

Any idea if they will handle the Guly transfer?

I think so, although you can probably re-jig your budget a bit to give the extra cash (if you haven't spent it already). I should imagine they would though, he's rated as the best player at the club so they'll want to keep him.

"Because he is listed as favourite personnel. I think he was quite popular when he was here, was the current England keeper, he is even in the banner on the the Saints Web Forum!"

I'm not saying he is not a club legend, just that he doesn't tend to comment about saints.

There is a way of setting favourite personal to not comment (as happens with dead favourites) or it would be a good idea to set how much someone comments. I.e. Le tissier or Dowie may comment very often as they work in he media.

Nope, only way to make him not comment would be to remove him from favourite personnel list. I don't think it is completely beyond the realms of possibility that the media might ask him something, one day. :)

It's not your fault, but it's a flaw. Surely there could beyond the 'prefered personel' list be a few 'associated personel.' Players and managers gone who are likely to quote. Merrington, Le Tissier, Case etc. Not Shilton and Strachan as I seem to get.

Guest flickjax
You can easily afford Guly. Problem is, I think his reputation means he is probably unlikely to want to sign for Saints.

So come January this may become a very flawed part of the game.

He got his first under 21 cap in the 2010/11 season, so it won't show in the game until Football Manager 2012. As far as FM11 is concerned it starts in early July 2010 and that cap Schneiderlin got hasn't happened.

If you have the strawberry demo you should have the licensed content. If you have the vanilla demo you won't.

Cheers :)

Why are all summer signings included and the budget used up if the game is supposed to start in July?

Personally I think none of the signings should be included in the game but available in a release day update.